ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives > Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin This is where useless threads go. This forum is read-only.

Should junior tag team titles be brought in?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Dec 2003, 02:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever
Default Should junior tag team titles be brought in?

Ok, granted this is more about NWA and WWE, but should the U.S. companies bring in junior world tag team titles? I mean look at the current rosters of both companies and even indy feds like ROH, and 3PW. There are a ton of junior/cruiserweights out there and not getting matches for the cruier title let alone on the programs for matches.

I think adding a secondary tag team title would give the lightweights more chances to shine and add excitement back to wrestling. I mean towards the end of WCW's run the junior tag titles were brought in and it added spice. Back when NWA was around they had the United States tag team titles and they were fought for and prized just as much as the world tag team titles.

This has been a main fixture in Japan for as long as I can remember and the matches are simply breathtaking. I mean you could have jimmy yang and kaz hayashi *the guys with Tajiri* facing Paul London and Spanky, ultimo dragon and rey mysterio junior, chavo and kidman, the tag teams they could have are endless.

So personally I think by doing this you'd have some awesome matches and get people interested again. Even in TNA, putting daniels with sonjay dutt against micheal shane and chris sabin, or amazing red with low ki, bring back the sat's ....again teams are endless. I think it would give you a chance to groom new stars, get otherwise not used or seen talent on tv and respark interest in wrestling.
Old 09 Dec 2003, 12:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Kryptonite

In a word, NO

The tag division is less than BLAH as it is, if you want to create new tagteams, thats fine.
In fact more tag teams would be great, there are currently what? 3 tag teams?

The WWE could use a few more, I'm not talking about your "We don't have anything else for them right now" tag-teams. If you are gonna bring out more Teams...make them real teams. Give them some reason to be together, something more than the writers thought we might like to be on TV this month so here we are.

Nothing is served by throwing 2 random wrestlers together just to go after the belts. If anything randomly throwing the 2 together and letting them compete or win the belts serves to cheapen the belts.

I don't think the Tag division needs another set of belts, when it doesnt really have enough people to compete for the belts it has.

Old 09 Dec 2003, 07:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

Yeah I see your point, however this wasn't just about the wwe. There's way to many cruisers in even the NWA TNA that it would benefit. As for the wwe tag team ordeal, yes they're might only be a few on sd, i.e. the f.b.i., bashams, los guerrerros, worlds greatest tag team, rikishi and scotty too hotty, but the fact is there's A LOT of cruiser weights who aren't getting angles, let alone getting a chance to go for the cruiser weight title, so why not give them a tag division to compete in, so they're not just being used for squash matches on velocity?
Old 10 Dec 2003, 12:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Kryptonite

I dont follow the other no-name indy feds sorry Ice, can only speak from what I do know.

What I know has no commitment to most Tag-Teams. I would rather the belts be owned by Jindrak and Cade then handed to some brainfart combo like Hurricane and Kane, at least Jindrak and Cade pretty much premiered as a tagteam.

there are a lot of cruisers who arent getting pushed, its sad but true. However sticking them in random tag matches for belts doesnt really do anything for them. It makes belts look weak.

Like I said, if they want to put some effort into making real Tagteams, thats fine. I would prefer not to see Brainfart Tag Champs version 47

Old 10 Dec 2003, 12:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Ok let's look at the raw tag team situation.

Test and Scott Steiner
Dudley Boyz
Lance Storm & Val Venis
Rosie & Hurricane
La Resistance
Lance Cade & Mark Jindrak
and for now Christian & Chris Jericho

Smackdown

World's Greatest Tag Team
Los Guerrerros
Basham Brothers
Rikishi and Scotty Too Hotty
F.B.I.

Now granted SD is lacking tag teams, but at least using all of your cruiserweights, you're getting more fan interst involved, faster paced matches with a lot of aerial high spots.

I mean come on matt, london and spanky vs the bashams? It wouldn't look right and vince wouldn't put them over the bashams. Give the cruisers something to fight for since they're not being given a chance to go for the cruiser title.