ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives > Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin This is where useless threads go. This forum is read-only.

Fate or Choice?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Jun 2003, 11:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

DJ Miz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DJ Miz
Default Fate or Choice?

ALright, i know i am not the only one who has been thinking about whether our lives are predestined or if we have the ability to choose and create our own future

My honest opinion is that i want to believe we have th ability to make our own decisions, but what if it was fate making me make those decisions, ever thought about how if you changed one thing you have ever done, how your life or the future of others would have changed? that scares me

I know its metaphysically impossible to have the proof showing whether or not destiny or fate runs our lives.

And one last thing, ever notice how if someone has something amazing happen in their lives, like meeting the perfect woman or man, they would say somthing like 'it was destiny'

it makes me mad that people can only embrace 'destiny' if it is something positive, if something negative happened its always, i made a wrong choice or sumthing....
Old 18 Jun 2003, 12:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

I think that life is a combination of both choice and fate.

Sometimes, it's a series of events (like how my girlfriend and I got together) that makes me think it's fate or destiny. So much could have happened to keep us from getting together and it all seems kind of like a coincidence that things happened the way they did. I know I made certain choices for things to go how they did, but it was a series of events and it was really strange how it worked out.

That being said, I think people can take control of their lives and force things to happen if they really want to, but they have to be strong willed to do that (if that makes any sense).
Old 18 Jun 2003, 03:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Xer
minty fresh

Xer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

I think fate is a very odd ideology to believe in,essentially if there is such a thing as fate then choice is simply a matter of reasoning..choice or free will would be nothing more than an illusion if we are destined to head down a certain path in life.Sometimes I think I believe things come down to fate,but with that belief comes the stigma of also realising that we cannot control our lives,there is no path to deviate from if we are destined to do something..deviation would essentially only postpone future events,it would not alter or stop then from occuring.So it stands to reason that for this point I believe that we have total control of our lives..maybe it's being blissfully ignorant,maybe it's just wishfull thinking,but I just don't like the idea that I cannot do what I wish to do,contol my own life as if it were a source of free will.
Old 18 Jun 2003, 07:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Even if you can't control your own life, you still have the illusion and the appearance that you are in control of it. You make the decisions you make, and end up at with the same result in the end, but it's an illusion and unknown to you that you aren't in control of everything....
Old 19 Jun 2003, 10:30 AM   #5 (permalink)

DJ Miz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DJ Miz

even if there WAS that illusion surrounding it, that you cant really have free will, the illusion would make you thin you did, and that is what scares me. I know it isnt possible, but when im just sitting around not doin much, too tire to play video games, too exhausted to make fun of people, too damn lazy to even spin for a few minutes, my mind wanders and thinks all these crazy things
Old 19 Jun 2003, 10:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
Xer
minty fresh

Xer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

Quote:
STICKzophrenic said in post # :
Even if you can't control your own life, you still have the illusion and the appearance that you are in control of it. You make the decisions you make, and end up at with the same result in the end, but it's an illusion and unknown to you that you aren't in control of everything....
Yes but if you do not believe in fate then your are not subject to dictatorship.It may well be an illusion but those who do not believe in not running their own lives while acknowledging this do not let it itself tell them how their perception should be..in their mind they make their own conclusions and path in life..if you knew the path you were supposed to take in life you could alter it,thus meaning you were not subject to fate..because we do not know our path in life you can always argue that there is a system of control at work,but there is always the question of right and wrong..for that reason I believe I have control of my actions.
Old 22 Jun 2003, 10:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
like a pimp

pimpinthebox is the absolute WORST poster everpimpinthebox is the absolute WORST poster everpimpinthebox is the absolute WORST poster everpimpinthebox is the absolute WORST poster everpimpinthebox is the absolute WORST poster everpimpinthebox is the absolute WORST poster ever

I think fate and destiny is a bunch of bs. Well, not all Destiny, the one i once went out with was pretty good.

Life is all about choice. The people who believe fate plays a part in it are fooling themselves. Choices have to be made to put yourself into this position where "fate" takes control. The good, the bad and the in-between are all a result of choice. Nothing is meant to happen, even if a chance situation comes up. That's only a coincidence. Now, coincidences, those happen all the time.

Scrotum, Scrotum, It's my wrinkly-crinkly bag of skin. Scrotum, Scrotum, it's the thing i keep my testes in. It's wrinkly and crinkly and covered in hair and i don't know what i'd do if it wasn't there. Scrotum, Scrotum, it's my wrinkly-crinkly bag of skin.
Old 22 Jun 2003, 02:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
The Natural

Mike C is on a distinguished road

It's suddenly cliche w/ it being in the Matrix movie, but I don't believe in fate because I don't like the idea that I don't have control over my life.
Old 25 Jun 2003, 07:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
punished by Exo indefinitely for trying to stalk and for being a dork

Fallen Angel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Fallen Angel Send a message via Yahoo to Fallen Angel

Fate or Choice? ... interesting compromise, given any least.

depending on your personal perception, many views indeed clash based on such varied anomaly, to accept this life... with the vague sense of pre-destined reasoning, would render various religions and/or routine of certain logical proportion, to a grain of salt, for which our actions would be without purpose, without purpose there is no reason, hence life would cease beyond it's own substance, leaving nothing but the obvious everyday aspect.

to question such depth, would lead limitless possibility, theory would eventually surpass rhetorical themes, thus leaving you with a paradox, a void of unlimited answer, that only our comprehension may indeed determine relevant, or irrelevant enlightment.

personally, I prefer to walk the lines of neutral vision, never denying myself neither arrogance or ignorance... there must always be purpose, without reasoning... what is left to distinguish us from chaotic magnitudes? with reason, we gain awareness of our own imaginative extents, there must always be a balance, or else humanity would collapse upon it's own dwindling foundation, it has built itself on, through that very meaning, so you see... without logic, all extensions of existence could very well crumble, they are meant to compliment each other... daring not to conflict.

To live within the past, is to repeat the same redundant matters, how absolutely boring.

To live for the moment, is to decide the outcome of our future... choice is ever the power, we possess at least within this spectrum, it should be embraced -- not denied.

To live for the future, is not quite living at all... by living a dream, that would suffer an eventual demise of our own ambition.

to each their own, fate is a design... choice is a privelege, combined they are a purpose, we must use our 'priveleges' to understand the ever eluding question of "why?"...

when it all comes down to it, actions are all we have, and the impact we leave... is resulted in our involvement in life, respectively.
~"The earth is full of kings and queens. They'll blind your eyes and steal your dreams. Kurt Cobain didn't make it... and left behind a generation of tortured souls. heed this warning."~
<center>
<select name=which style="font-family: tahoma; font-size: 9pt; background-color: black; font-weight: ; color: darkblue">
<option>Nirvana - Heart-Shaped Box</option>
<option></option>
<option>She eyes me like a pisces when I am weak</option>
<option>I've been locked inside your Heart Shaped box for a week</option>
<option>I was drawn into your magnet tar pit trap</option>
<option>I wish I could eat your cancer when you turn back</option>
<option></option>
<option>Hey!</option>
<option>Wait!</option>
<option></option>
<option>I've got a new complaint</option>
<option>Forever in debt to your priceless advice</option>
<option></option>
<option>(Hate)</option>
<option>(Weight)</option>
<option></option>
<option></option>
<option>Hey!</option>
<option>Wait!</option>
<option></option>
<option>Meat-eating orchids forgive no one just yet</option>
<option>Cut myself angel's hair and baby's breath</option>
<option>Broken hymen of your highness I'm left black</option>
<option>Throw down your umbilical noose so I can climb right back -</option>
</select>

<center>

<center>I am now complete

Old 26 Jun 2003, 08:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
aka Mind Freak

Sarah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Fallen Angel said in post # :
Fate or Choice? ... interesting compromise, given any least.

depending on your personal perception, many views indeed clash based on such varied anomaly, to accept this life... with the vague sense of pre-destined reasoning, would render various religions and/or routine of certain logical proportion, to a grain of salt, for which our actions would be without purpose, without purpose there is no reason, hence life would cease beyond it's own substance, leaving nothing but the obvious everyday aspect.

to question such depth, would lead limitless possibility, theory would eventually surpass rhetorical themes, thus leaving you with a paradox, a void of unlimited answer, that only our comprehension may indeed determine relevant, or irrelevant enlightment.

personally, I prefer to walk the lines of neutral vision, never denying myself neither arrogance or ignorance... there must always be purpose, without reasoning... what is left to distinguish us from chaotic magnitudes? with reason, we gain awareness of our own imaginative extents, there must always be a balance, or else humanity would collapse upon it's own dwindling foundation, it has built itself on, through that very meaning, so you see... without logic, all extensions of existence could very well crumble, they are meant to compliment each other... daring not to conflict.

To live within the past, is to repeat the same redundant matters, how absolutely boring.

To live for the moment, is to decide the outcome of our future... choice is ever the power, we possess at least within this spectrum, it should be embraced -- not denied.

To live for the future, is not quite living at all... by living a dream, that would suffer an eventual demise of our own ambition.

to each their own, fate is a design... choice is a privelege, combined they are a purpose, we must use our 'priveleges' to understand the ever eluding question of &quot;why?&quot;...

when it all comes down to it, actions are all we have, and the impact we leave... is resulted in our involvement in life, respectively.
yes to live in the past is redundant though we must learn from prior mistakes as to make sure they are not repeated but gain from such experiences knowledge. and I agree each action has a purpose otherwise why follw through with an action where would the reasoning be? I understand.
Our choices make us who we are as people and that can be changed within an instant.

My dearest Ash, we will be together very soon. I love you very deeply. Until our time comes I will be waiting for you.

I am now complete

Last edited by Sarah; 26 Jun 2003 at 08:22 AM.
Old 30 Jun 2003, 10:16 AM   #11 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Sarah said in post # :

yes to live in the past is redundant though we must learn from prior mistakes as to make sure they are not repeated but gain from such experiences knowledge. and I agree each action has a purpose otherwise why follw through with an action where would the reasoning be? I understand.
Our choices make us who we are as people and that can be changed within an instant.
Thats ture, and adding to that we also must learn from the mistakes of others as well whether it be from family, friends, etc... you'd be suprised on how much you can learn from their potental mistakes as well as your own when they are made.

Now as for fate vs choice discussuon, well a was a firm beliver on choice...you know ""life is what you make it", however in these last few years I've been rather skeptitcal about it.Currenly my life by it self, hasn't been good, and ist the same time I try to better myself and my life with the everyday choices I make. However dispite those decisions, there has been very little improvement to it, in fact things have begun to get worse. Now I'm really uncertian that my choices in life matter...perhaps it could be fate why thigs like this still happen to me? Thats the milion dollar question...
Old 03 Jul 2003, 09:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
KrAyzie

MiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters
Send a message via MSN to MiZTaCCen

I think it's a little bit of both.
Old 20 Jul 2003, 04:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
punished by Exo indefinitely for trying to stalk and for being a dork

Fallen Angel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Fallen Angel Send a message via Yahoo to Fallen Angel

Quote:
Originally posted by MiZTaCCen
I think it's a little bit of both.
Thank you, now that is what I meant... without being too technical... of any extent, how I miss simplicity, occasionally.
~"The earth is full of kings and queens. They'll blind your eyes and steal your dreams. Kurt Cobain didn't make it... and left behind a generation of tortured souls. heed this warning."~
<center>
<select name=which style="font-family: tahoma; font-size: 9pt; background-color: black; font-weight: ; color: darkblue">
<option>Nirvana - Heart-Shaped Box</option>
<option></option>
<option>She eyes me like a pisces when I am weak</option>
<option>I've been locked inside your Heart Shaped box for a week</option>
<option>I was drawn into your magnet tar pit trap</option>
<option>I wish I could eat your cancer when you turn back</option>
<option></option>
<option>Hey!</option>
<option>Wait!</option>
<option></option>
<option></option>
<option>(Hate)</option>
<option>(Weight)</option>
<option></option>
<option></option>
<option>Hey!</option>
<option>Wait!</option>
<option></option>
<option>Meat-eating orchids forgive no one just yet</option>
<option>Cut myself angel's hair and baby's breath</option>
<option>Broken hymen of your highness I'm left black</option>
<option>Throw down your umbilical noose so I can climb right back -</option>
</select>

<center>

<center>I am now complete

Old 21 Jul 2003, 03:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

I'd like to belive I have total control of my own life,but I think Fate's involved as well..