ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Come here to talk about anything that is off-topic.

HA! 100 - 0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Jan 2009, 11:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK
Default HA! 100 - 0

Coach says he's not sorry for 100-point win
Associated Press
Talk about it in the Message Boards
MORE: RivalsHigh100 Hoops Rankings | Top 150 prospects for 2009

DALLAS — The coach of a Texas high school basketball team that beat another team 100-0 sent an e-mail to a newspaper saying he will not apologize "for a wide-margin victory when my girls played with honor and integrity."

On its Web site last week, the Covenant School of Dallas, a private Christian school, posted a statement regretting the outcome of its Jan. 13 shutout win over Dallas Academy. "It is shameful and an embarrassment that this happened. This clearly does not reflect a Christlike and honorable approach to competition," said the statement, signed by Kyle Queal, head of school, and board chair Todd Doshier.

Covenant coach Micah Grimes, who has been criticized for letting the game get so far out of hand, made it clear in the e-mail Sunday to The Dallas Morning News that he does not agree with his school's assessment.

"In response to the statement posted on The Covenant School Web site, I do not agree with the apology or the notion that the Covenant School girls basketball team should feel embarrassed or ashamed," Grimes wrote in the e-mail, according to the newspaper. "We played the game as it was meant to be played. My values and my beliefs would not allow me to run up the score on any opponent, and it will not allow me to apologize for a wide-margin victory when my girls played with honor and integrity."

A phone number for Grimes could not be located by The Associated Press. The Dallas Morning News said Grimes did not respond to their repeated e-mail requests for a telephone interview.

Queal did not immediately return a phone message left at his home Sunday afternoon by the AP. There was no answer at a number listed for Doshier.

A parent who attended the game said Covenant continued to make 3-pointers— even in the fourth quarter. She praised the Covenant players but said spectators and an assistant coach were cheering wildly as their team edged closer to 100 points.

Covenant was up 59-0 at halftime.

Dallas Academy has eight girls on its varsity team and about 20 girls in its high school. It is winless over the last four seasons. The academy boasts of its small class sizes and specializes in teaching students struggling with "learning differences," such as short attention spans or dyslexia.

There is no mercy rule in girls basketball that shortens the game or permits the clock to continue running when scores become one-sided. There is, however, "a golden rule" that should have applied in this contest, said Edd Burleson, the director of the Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools, said last week. Both schools are members of this association, which oversees private school athletics in Texas.

The story has received national attention, and the Dallas Academy team has been recognized for refusing to give up during the lopsided contest.

I know its technically basketball and may have belonged in the sports forum....but it is Girls High School Basketball....which is even less of a sport than the WNBA

I just think its awesome.
They played a bunch of chicks with learning disabilities and they went for the kill.
Show no mercy!

Anyone think they shoulda called the game?

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jan 2009, 11:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I'm sure the retarded girls have allready forgotten...

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jan 2009, 02:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

I think the coach is a fucking moron.

When it's getting even to 50-0, you put your scrub's scrubs in. He'd have looked like an idiot if OH his "star" player looses her footing, breaks her ankle, or fucks up her knee, out for the year.
Old 26 Jan 2009, 03:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear View Post
I think the coach is a fucking moron.

When it's getting even to 50-0, you put your scrub's scrubs in. He'd have looked like an idiot if OH his "star" player looses her footing, breaks her ankle, or fucks up her knee, out for the year.
That sounds like loser talk. If you have a chance to put up a one hundred to nothing score, you do it. I'd do it. Belichick would do it. Lombardi would do it. Jackson would do it.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 26 Jan 2009, 03:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
That sounds like loser talk. If you have a chance to put up a one hundred to nothing score, you do it. I'd do it. Belichick would do it. Lombardi would do it. Jackson would do it.
You simply don't need your starters in though when you're up by that much, because of that risk of injury and fucking your season.

A 100-0 victory really isn't worth it if you can't compete when it really matters.
Old 26 Jan 2009, 03:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!™

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Kids are being turned into hyper-sensitive faggots.

Fuck you, and fuck your worthless kids.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jan 2009, 04:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

They only pressed until it was 25-0. They only scored 12 points in the fourth quarter. I don't really see a problem with the final score. Like Wilbon said on PTI, who's the dope that scheduled this game? The coach is paid to coach, and to win (I assume). he just went out there and won the game that was scheduled that night.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jan 2009, 04:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear View Post
You simply don't need your starters in though when you're up by that much, because of that risk of injury and fucking your season.

A 100-0 victory really isn't worth it if you can't compete when it really matters.
Who the hell is going to get hurt? They're playing retarded kids. They're just as likely to get hurt taking a shit.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 27 Jan 2009, 12:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

Somehow this shit makes front page of Yahoo! news twice...lmao...I don't give a fuck that's the score is 100-0...I'm more interesting in the boxscore here...They must have had like 40 blocks, 20 steals 30 Offensive Rebounds and shit for the other team not to score a single basket...

Still though
Old 27 Jan 2009, 03:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
Tri
GAH!

Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Tri Send a message via Yahoo to Tri

the retards were dyslexic so they probably looked at the scoreboard and thought that THEY scored the 100 points. it was the happiest day of their miserable lives
Old 27 Jan 2009, 12:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

The pussy school fired the coach. Pathetic. This is the pussiest country in the world. We train our kids to be pussies.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 27 Jan 2009, 12:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
Who the hell is going to get hurt? They're playing retarded kids. They're just as likely to get hurt taking a shit.
I've seen players trip over nothing and mess something up.

I dunno. All I know is I'd rather not fuck over my season on a game I could win in my sleep.
Old 27 Jan 2009, 01:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Igloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Igloo

That's almost as bad as Slovenia's women's hockey team winning 82-0 over Bulgaria in an Olympic qualifier. Also, to top it off one of the Slovenia players jumped a Bulgarian at the end of the game ...because it wasn't bad enough for them already.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/...urn=nhl,107581
Igloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2009, 12:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

A high scoring basketball team will score around 100 points a game. A high scoring hockey team will score around 3 goals a game. So basically, if they were playing basketball, they would've dropped about 3000 points on them. That's absolutely fuckin crazy, and I don't know what year that happened, but Bulgaria definitely should've been suspended from even playing in the Olympic qualifiers for atleast 4 years. You could probably take a soccer country like Cameroon, give them a women's hockey team, and they could still beat those faggots. Well, maybe not, but still, that's a disgrace to the game. And yeah, don't get me started on the moron who started the fight, because I'd probably suggest hanging her.

As Stick pointed out, Wilbon broke it down. The coach was fired for disagreeing with the school, and the real people who deserve to be fired are the ones who scheduled the game. Infact, close down the entire fuckin school, fuck them, they're the mafia-style organization that targets special ed kids and fires people for having an opinion. The coach just did his job and gave them a good strategy. Optimal strategy against retards: murder them while you have the chance. Did he have to run up the score? Personally, I say no, he could've won 10-0 and got the job done. But according to the evidence (which has been posted in this thread), he probably wasn't even trying to run up the score. The coach looked like a smug asshole in the picture they showed, but really, he's cool, fuck the school.
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote