ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Come here to talk about anything that is off-topic.

R.I.P. Circuit City

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Jan 2009, 07:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default R.I.P. Circuit City

http://www.circuitcity.com/closed.html

Sad to see them go since they're a Richmond, VA based company. I didn't shop there very often because I like Best Buy more, but CC would have some sweet deals on new release games sometimes.

I'll probably hit it up tomorrow to see if I can snag some sweet games or DVDs or Blu-Rays for cheap.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jan 2009, 08:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

Wow...nothing should shock me anymore with this shitty economy...but Circuit City? wow...
Old 16 Jan 2009, 08:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinoCan View Post
Wow...nothing should shock me anymore with this shitty economy...but Circuit City? wow...
They filed for bankruptcy a few months ago in hopes to turn things around with a new business structure, but it wasn't enough I guess.
Old 16 Jan 2009, 08:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

Did they?...a couple months ago I bought a digital camera there...it was a gift but I got a pretty good price there...Shoulda noticed it...
Old 16 Jan 2009, 09:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Circuit City has been on their way out for some time...the local one here has been liquidating for a month or so already.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jan 2009, 09:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Circuit City sucked balls. Fuck 'em. They were never competitive and their service was abysmal.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jan 2009, 10:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

Only thing I can remember buying from Circuit City was headphones. Only reason I'll miss the place is because I can remember going there with my dad back in the '90s, and it just seemed like a place that would always be there. End of a franchise. I think I just got a little bit older. RIP.
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2009, 03:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

I hope Best Buy survives, I get most if not all of my tech stuff there.
Old 18 Jan 2009, 03:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
SC
ATWA

SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.

I'm gonna miss it cause of the old commercials with like the plug plugging into the earth...if anyone knows what I'm talking about

Our store was shaped with that giant red plug, its awesome. I never really shopped their though, but its sad to see people lose jobs and a company go down
Old 20 Jan 2009, 09:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC View Post
I'm gonna miss it cause of the old commercials with like the plug plugging into the earth...if anyone knows what I'm talking about

Our store was shaped with that giant red plug, its awesome. I never really shopped their though, but its sad to see people lose jobs and a company go down
I don't think that commercial has been on for years.
Old 20 Jan 2009, 11:00 AM   #11 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I went there yesterday and relieved them of one of their tv's. Other than that, I haven't been to one in years.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2009, 11:02 AM   #12 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
I went there yesterday and relieved them of one of their tv's. Other than that, I haven't been to one in years.
What brand, size, type and how much?
Old 20 Jan 2009, 03:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Damn...this couldn't have come at a worse time. Flow is going to be super tight around here until my Tax Refund comes...

Overall though the closing of CC sucks balls. Around here they were ALWAYS the first to drop prices on Playstation games, and they always had the best prices on blank CD-Rs and DVD-Rs. I'm gonna miss CC.

Damn.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2009, 03:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK View Post
What brand, size, type and how much?
Just a baby one. Samsung, 19". It's basically the same exact thing as my big tv, but smaller. It was 10% off, so it came in under $400 after taxes and recycle fees. I figure after I pick up another HD receiver and HDMI cable I'll be able to say that I finally did something under my budget, which was $500.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2009, 11:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

I went in today...some pretty sweet deals actually.

We almost bought a 360 Arcade for $160 to replace my broken one but decided against it in the end.

Brandy got me Resistance 2 (she's too good to me ) for just under $50 and I bought myself Boondocks season 2 for $30. Got 20% off on the game and 25% off on the DVD set.

My friend is heading over this week and grabbing a PS3 for $320.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote