ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Come here to talk about anything that is off-topic.

Acts of generosity.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Nov 2008, 04:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear
Default Acts of generosity.

So my grandpa in Mississippi just called me out of the blue. We're talking, telling each other we're doing fine, and we're glad to hear from one another. We get to talking about Christmas, and he asks if I have a car. I said I do, kinda, sorta, not really, and explained that it needs some work done to it that's not getting done.

He then says to me in his southern drawl, "Well I'll tell ya what. I've got that Monte Carlo that we just paid off, and I'll tell ya Michael I haven't even put 20,000 miles on that thing yet. Now, it's a nice car, but it's a young person car, and if I have it my way I'm going to give it to you. No guarantees of course, I do have a wife after all, but I'm just letting you know, I want something different, and if I can work her over I'm going to get a Buick or something and I'll give my Monte Carlo to you."

<----Me

I'm just kind of shocked that I hardly ever talk to this guy, (although I wish I talked to him more), and here he is telling me if he has it his way he's going to give me his practically brand new Monte Carlo with less than 20,000 miles on it. It's definitely a huge act of generosity on his part.

So what's the most generous thing you've done for someone or that someone's done for you?
Old 23 Nov 2008, 05:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

He is your grandpa after all...
Old 23 Nov 2008, 05:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

new Monte or Old Monte?

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Nov 2008, 06:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
new Monte or Old Monte?
This generation...

I believe it's an '05. Whatever the case, it's a helluva lot better than the '89 Celebrity that I'm getting.
Old 23 Nov 2008, 06:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

meh.....New Monte

free car is cool tho....even if it s a fake Monte

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Nov 2008, 06:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
meh.....New Monte

free car is cool tho....even if it s a fake Monte
Yeah. I'd love for it to be an older one, but like you said, free car is cool.
Old 23 Nov 2008, 07:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

That's my favorite genre of Monte Carlos.

And that's awesome. Everyone I know who drives a car similar to a Celebrity hates it.
Side Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Nov 2008, 11:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
a.k.a. Carabiniere

Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

That's pretty durn cool. Practically brand new car, no payments...shit ya, I wouldn't complain a bit.

I don't know many generous people, at least not to that extent. Probably the most generous anyone I know has been to me was my sister when me and my ex split. I was homeless and she let me stay with her for a couple months.

As far as being generous...I'd say when I let said ex keep all my shit and do what she wanted with it, no questions asked. I wish I wouldn't have sometimes but oh well, that shit was from a very shitty past so fuck it..

"The game of life is not so much holding a good hand as playing a poor one well" - Unknown
Scuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2008, 12:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
Sick in the head

Dick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via MSN to Dick Biggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side Effect View Post

That's my favorite genre of Monte Carlos.

And that's awesome. Everyone I know who drives a car similar to a Celebrity hates it.

My favorite is the 1970 Monte Carlo... my old man you to have one in that awesome gold color.... that was before my time though....

Most generous thing anybody has done for me..... not sure..... not to many people help me out all that often... the best thing that i can think of is that no matter how broke I am people are always there to loan me there moral support.... so I can be thankful for that at least....
Old 24 Nov 2008, 02:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
R.I.P. Heath

Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via MSN to Stephie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinoCan View Post
He is your grandpa after all...
Yeah, my grandparents gave me my first car...Pretty sure as an apology for the shitty job they did...

Stephie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2008, 09:20 AM   #11 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side Effect View Post
When I drove it it was alright. Steering was stupidly loose though, and the gas pedal stuck.
Old 28 Nov 2008, 11:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

I'm sure pops would have a change of heart, if he knew all you was going to do is ride around and cock block yourself.

^^^^Made by the Big Homie Stick...PC representer.
Tr(uth)iple H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2008, 10:58 AM   #13 (permalink)
PWF's Best Pure Athlete

The Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via MSN to The Natural

Most generous thing I've done recently was paying for some other couples dinner. Got to talking to the husband in the bathroom of the restaurant and he told me his wife beat breast cancer. It was a tough fight and she pulled through it. I went through it with my mom and I seen how rough it is. So on my way back to my table I stopped the waitress and told her when that table asks for the check to tell them it is taken care of and add it to mine.

Most generous thing someone has done for me is giving me a HUGE discount on a new car.
Swaggering boisterously.
His face is weatherbeaten
He wears a hooded sash
With a silver hat about his head
And a bristling black mustache
He growls as he storms the country
A villain big and bold
And the trees all shake and quiver and quake
As he robs them of their gold.
The Autumn wind is a RAIDER
Pillaging just for fun
He'll knock you 'round and upside down
And laugh when he's conquered and won.
The Natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2008, 11:11 AM   #14 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
Most generous thing I've done recently was paying for some other couples dinner. Got to talking to the husband in the bathroom of the restaurant and he told me his wife beat breast cancer. It was a tough fight and she pulled through it. I went through it with my mom and I seen how rough it is. So on my way back to my table I stopped the waitress and told her when that table asks for the check to tell them it is taken care of and add it to mine.
That's awesome.
Old 30 Nov 2008, 11:50 AM   #15 (permalink)
a.k.a. Carabiniere

Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
Wow...people can be nice. And I'm not just talking about you (extremely nice gesture btw), I'm talking about the waitress. I'm assuming both tables were hers, if so, you, in essence took away half her tip. Or maybe neither table was hers and she couldn't care less either way. Or maybe only one was...only you and her know. But either way the fact that a waitress would actually do that is downright astonishing.

"The game of life is not so much holding a good hand as playing a poor one well" - Unknown
Scuzz is offline   Reply With Quote