ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Come here to talk about anything that is off-topic.

GDAWG'S Thoughts: Why I Should Be OT Mod

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Apr 2008, 02:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Together We Can!

_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK
Default GDAWG'S Thoughts: Why I Should Be OT Mod

So, in lurking your forums for the last few days after it was brought to my attention that I was an OT mod cantidate, I noticed a few things. And I jotted them down. And these are my thoughts.

Warning: GDAWG's thoughts features opinions and statements that may not be so cool with other posters. Accordingly GDAWG must insist that you voice your disagreement, or praise my opinions.
Also, I didn't hurt any animals making this column, and you shouldn't either.

As I mentioned, i've been lurking for the past few days and i've noticed quite a bit. The main thing i've noticed is the lack of activity on your once bustling board. Well, I vow to fix that. It used to be, back in the good old days, that a person could spend all day on PWF reading the latest rant by Starscream or making fun of Kevin Nash marks. Since then, activity on PWF seems to have dwindled to an all time low. People aren't posting like they used to. I vow, as your OT mod to bring new and exciting members. Members that will give you something to talk about. But I vow not only to bring new members, but to make OT fun again. I vow to bring back the interesting threads and lively discussion of yesteryear. If you remember OT from a couple years ago, you know it used to be the place to be on the internet, I promise to restore it to it's former glory.

As far as promoting the other sections of your forum (WWE, Sports, etc...), I will work to encourage posters to look at these other fine forums and actively participate in the discussions. Cross promotion would run rampant. I would mention daily some fun things that are happening in the other sections. I would really work hard to not only restore OT to it's former glory, but to restore all of PWF to it's former glory.

As OT mod, I would create a sticky thread to advertise other happenings in the forum. Got an IWO event coming up? Post about it in the OT Promotions Thread. New episode of KPWF? You know where to advertise it. OT would not only serve as the center of the PWF universe, but also as an olive branch, to help get the word out about what's happening in other sections.

And now, ladies and gentlemen, the return of Stock UP/Stock DOWN:

UP- Off Topic: The recent mod elections have brought a slew of activity back to this section. As OT mod, I pledge to not only keep this activity, but expand upon it!

DOWN- The Number of Active Members: Looking around this place over the last few days, i've noticed there aren't as many active members as there used to be. If you give me a chance, i'll fix that.

UP- DC: For putting this whole thing together. The man knows how to draw activity to the forums.

DOWN- Creative Writing: It seems to have died a short time after I left. Sad really. I liked that section a lot.

Well, that's all I have. Remember to vote for GDAWG because, together we can!

And also, GDAWG's Thoughts is brought to you by Alex's Boston Red Sox Tracker:
Boston Red Sox: 4-5 (.444)

You paid for a lifetime ad, I don't forget these things.

There you have it folks your soon to be OT Mod Speaks.

The War
You support pulling out, I say USE A CONDOM!!!!

Last edited by _Fox_; 10 Apr 2008 at 02:10 AM.
_Fox_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2008, 09:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

Thanks a bunch for the tracker. Despite the shitty start, let's just hope the Sox repeat this year.

This is a tight-knit forum so I don't know if recruiting would be as successful as some people think. Does this site really appeal to outsiders?

I don't think one person is gonna save the forums. People just need to post, and the mod just needs to be a loyal member. Boston's been here for years, he's dedicated to this site, he's active in OT, and I can't remember him ever getting the chance to represent this site as a mod, so I think he's the best candidate right now.
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2008, 11:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

Is this guy even still in the race???
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2008, 03:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
The Dark Master

Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Fox_ View Post
Warning: GDAWG's thoughts features opinions and statements that may not be so cool with other posters. Accordingly GDAWG must insist that you voice your disagreement, or praise my opinions.
Also, I didn't hurt any animals making this column, and you shouldn't either.
LIAR!

You have brought shame to that fox in your avatar by placing a "Rams" helmet on it's cuddly little head. Not only are you destroying the sanctity of the little creature's appearance... you have hurt the little guy's feelings.

How do I know this? Because everyone knows who is the dawgs of the NFL... and we all know it ain't those damned Rams!

This post was endorsed by the SF 49ers' community who has donated their former ownership to Cleveland for the betterment of the NFL by bringing back the Dawg-pound to the world of professional sports. And by those who are against PETA, because Peta has been harassing those who like a good juicy steak, by slamming on them, G-Dawgy style. Vote Dev for OT Mod 2008

Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote