ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Come here to talk about anything that is off-topic.

Hate Mail Hate Crime

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Oct 2007, 04:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond
Default Hate Mail Hate Crime

http://www.nbc10.com/news/14398989/d...s=phi&psp=news

Quote:
Woman Says Piece Of Mail Constitutes Hate Crime

POSTED: 8:21 pm EDT October 22, 2007
UPDATED: 9:56 pm EDT October 22, 2007

CLIFTON HEIGHTS, Pa. -- A local woman said she is outraged by what was written on a bill she got in the mail.

Now, she wants police to take action, according to NBC 10 investigative reporter Harry Hairston.

"Somebody just wanted to be mean. Somebody just wanted to just let us know that's what they thought about us," said Tracey Patterson.

The Clifton Heights resident said that when she recently checked her mailbox what she thought was annoying junk mail turned out to be an insulting message.

"I'm not a stupid person, and I can read between the lines. I could see right away what the message was," Patterson said.

The bill is addressed to "Iman Igger." Patterson said that's a play on the name to deliver a racially charged message that includes the 'N'-word.

"This is really a shame that, in this day and time, people think they can get away with intimidating people like that," Patterson said.

"This possibly could be looked at as, possibly, a hate crime, OK, because of the play on the name used, sending it to this particular individual's address," said Acting Postal Inspector In Charge Oriey Glenn.

Glenn said he has seen a lot of harassing mail, but this one raises more concerns.

"This may not be the only incident, the only situation or only type of harassment that they may try, and we definitely don't want this to escalate to something more vicious," said Glenn, adding that his office will investigate.

"Racism, acts of racism, whatever, is not acceptable, and it's not going to be tolerated by innocent people," Patterson said.

Glenn may get the lead he needs. The company that sent the bill didn't want their name used but said they do want to help, Hairston reported.

The company's lawyer told NBC 10, "We are a victim the same as Ms. Patterson and will cooperate with police."

And the lawyer said, "We have located the three order cards that were used to open the account. We are willing to turn them over to police for fingerprinting."

Patterson said there are only a few African-American families living in her area.

"It made me sad for whoever had to do it because I'm looking at it as, obviously, there's something missing in their lives that they would have to attack someone and make someone feel bad," Patterson said.

She also said she hopes the person responsible sees the story and hears her message.

"They need to seek counseling, and they need to love themselves. If they can love themselves then maybe they can appreciate and love everyone else despite their differences," Patterson said.

The postal inspector said anyone convicted of harassment through the mail could face up to a year in prison.

I wonder if it was sent by Michael Hunt.

-Trevelbond-
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2007, 05:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

haha
Side Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2007, 06:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

Not racist in any way but that was just really funny to me for some reason
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote