ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Come here to talk about anything that is off-topic.

beer, again...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Oct 2007, 07:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC
Default beer, again...

I know it hasn't been long since the last beer thread, but I'm working on a project and could use a little help in understanding beers, specifically regional craft brews. So, in the interest of improving my beer knowledge by not doing any more fucking mind crushing research, I am reaching out to the beer fans of pwf. Please tell me a little bit about your local brews. Are they hoppy, heavy, high alcohol, stuff like that. In Cal, we have IPA's selling and brewing like crazy, but probably you've never heard of most of them. I need to know about small batch, craft beers. I know there are a lot of brewerys out by Glue, so help me out man. What are the beer guys drinking out there. What are they drinking in Canada? What kind of craft beers are out there. What the hell kind of beer to they make in Hawaii, and if they don't, what were they doing in cinci? So help me out, and when I finish with the greatest project I have ever worked on, I'll send out some cases, promise.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Oct 2007, 08:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

in Hawaii, lighter fruitier beers are pretty popular.
Not fruity like queer....literally like adding fruit to beer. Mangoes, Cherries, Oranges etc.
Another big thing in Hawaii, is beer brewed with real Kona Coffee...its hugely popular in the microbreweries and there are a few local beers like "Long Board" that have a Kona Beer.
As for name brand beer, Heinekin reigns supreme.

Cincinnati area, the emphasis is on Hops heavy beers....things more like Sam Adams, and IPAs. The area is heavy German and Irish ancestry. We like our beer dark and kinda heavy. Microbrews out in Cinci are mostly tryin to find the next Guiness.

I personally like things more toward a balance....
While I like the heavy beers like Guiness, I don't like it with my meals cuz it fills me up and I end up too full to enjoy my meal. That or my beer ends up goin warm while I'm tryin to stuff down the meal.

Hope some of that helps.

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Oct 2007, 08:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
The King of Kings

Cobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via AIM to Cobra

The beer brewed in NC is mostly ales and stouts. I'm not a fan of ales so I havnt tried too many of them.
The stouts are rich with hops and high alcohol level.

The best I have visited is Carolina Brewery. I think they have a webpage you can look at if you are interested: http://www.carolinabrewery.com/housebrews.html

Thanks to Glue for the banner
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Oct 2007, 12:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Hops gives beer it's "fruity" edge, but lately the big thing is to have a cherry, raspberry or peach ale or something. It's almost hearkening to the days of the triple bach Lambics, which are beers that come in Champagne sized bottles...very Euro-esque.

Personally I like Dark Beer, but not syrup. I'll drink Guiness because as a man, I feel it's my heterosexual duty to imbibe at least 72 oz of it a year. Typically I like my Guiness to share a pint mug with some Bass Ale, as that makes for a great Black and Tan...really the only Black and Tan, if you ask some people.

Dark Beer has a deeper flavor to it, leaning somewhat toward coffee...almost...but not quite...but yeah...I like Dark Beer...the less heavy, the better.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2007, 02:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Thanks guys. I had a Lambic this weekend for, um, research It was pretty good.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2007, 03:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

Red Stripe from Jamiaca is pretty good. In Athens, Georgia they have some brew, you could look it up, since they make their own hops there. We have an anheiser busch plant in our town, so Bud is popular here although I don't drink it.