ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Come here to talk about anything that is off-topic.

Pyramid schemes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Sep 2007, 04:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK
Default Pyramid schemes

Who here has ever been approached by a friend who wanted to convince you to join one?

Cyberwize, Amway, Quixtar, Team of Destiny?

In the last year, I've been approached by 2 of them....
In the last 10, I've been approached by all of them....

It no longer annoys me when I'm approached, cuz its usually a friend who approaches me....they invite me over, tell me they gonna have some other friends over too....and they gonna explain how "It really works" and "Its not a Pyramid scheme" and "Fuck you Chris, stop calling it a pyramid scheme"

Either way, its the same shit each time....

Why do I go?
Because the cult leader...I mean, the guy who convinced my idiot friends too join has told my idiot freinds that they should serve food and drinks.....so I go, I get my free drinks my free dinner and I speak out just enough to keep more of my idiot friends from joining.

Seriously..this shit is just ignorant.
It actually shames me to know that my idiot friends are stupid enough to pay 200 bucks to open a page of banners and redirects on the internet.
I weep for them when I find them cryin that they ain't makin any money off it.

The best part is that they always "know a guy who's gettin rich doin it"...
Yup, they know the same guy that their cult leader knew....who knows the same guy his cult leader knew.....who knows the same guy his cult leader knew....who knows a guy who tells people he's gettin rich doin this shit, but is actually workin third shift as a janitor at a truck stop somewhere between Chicago and St. Louis.

And for the love of God, why do these things always have a "special" line of products exclusive to them....its usually something like "weight control-energy bars" that just happen to taste like the gravel outside a biker bar....
OR, a special drink made from a berry which was recently discovered growing in a crater in Fiji....

I miss the days when the only borderline illegal rackets runnin thru my 'hood were the psycho tupperware moms, those magazine drives at the local elementary school, and those goddam girlscouts.

So kids...
I give you this wisdom...at some point you will be approached to join a pyramid scheme of some type. Don't do it. If it sounds too good too be true, it usually is.
CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Sep 2007, 10:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
All hail the flamingo

Da Loo , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Da Loo , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Da Loo , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Da Loo , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Da Loo , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Da Loo , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Da Loo , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Da Loo , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Da Loo , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Da Loo , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Da Loo , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via MSN to Da Loo

My brother made a bit of money on one of these schemes a while back. You have to get in while its all the hype and lots want to get involved...once you leave it tho you end up losing money. It has to end somewhere.

I'de rather not risk bothering with it either.
Da Loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Sep 2007, 12:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

I did some research on Pyramid schemes for a ninth grade Economics project. Interesting schemes. I wouldn't join one though. Only person who makes money is the one at the top.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 04:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

So you eat gravel outside of biker bars?
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Sep 2007, 04:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK
So you eat gravel outside of biker bars?
there was an incident....

the other guy didn't fare so well either...
CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Sep 2007, 05:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

trowa is a PWF Hall of Famertrowa is a PWF Hall of Famertrowa is a PWF Hall of Famertrowa is a PWF Hall of Famertrowa is a PWF Hall of Famertrowa is a PWF Hall of Famertrowa is a PWF Hall of Famertrowa is a PWF Hall of Famertrowa is a PWF Hall of Famertrowa is a PWF Hall of Famertrowa is a PWF Hall of Famer

I've had it happen before. I try to figure out how much I have to sell a month to make some money, or at least break even. That either involves selling a crap load of shit or recurting 10 or more underlings under me. Both which is a waste of time...

My Cars.
trowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2007, 11:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

The United States Government is a Pyramid Scheme if you really break it down.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Sep 2007, 01:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

there's one that actually works, ACN, and that's because they're selling a service everyone already uses (telephones), not a product. i know a lot of people that have made a nice little amount on it, and continue to do so. all the others are shit tho.