ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Come here to talk about anything that is off-topic.

Well this is interesting.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 May 2007, 06:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear
Default Well this is interesting.

My step-dad brought up the idea to my mom that when I move back up to Michigan, I just take a test to get my GED. He figures I hate high school anyway, and this would allow me to take classes at a community college in the field I want to go into (radio).

Very enticing idea to me, except for the college part. I'm just not ready for that yet. I'm not done being a kid. I'm all for doing this, seeing as how I'd probably pass the test, but I don't know about going off to college. However, I fucking hate high school, and the faster I get out the better, so the idea is still very tempting.

However, there is a small chance that I could work out a deal where I get my GED, and in a year or so, start doing classes at a community college or whatever. This is the idea that is really making me think about it. The idea of basically slouching around for a year, maybe working a little bit, is really interesting to me. The idea of leaving school....

So yeah. What was your time in school like?
Old 15 May 2007, 07:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
My step-dad brought up the idea to my mom that when I move back up to Michigan, I just take a test to get my GED. He figures I hate high school anyway, and this would allow me to take classes at a community college in the field I want to go into (radio).

Very enticing idea to me, except for the college part. I'm just not ready for that yet. I'm not done being a kid. I'm all for doing this, seeing as how I'd probably pass the test, but I don't know about going off to college. However, I fucking hate high school, and the faster I get out the better, so the idea is still very tempting.

However, there is a small chance that I could work out a deal where I get my GED, and in a year or so, start doing classes at a community college or whatever. This is the idea that is really making me think about it. The idea of basically slouching around for a year, maybe working a little bit, is really interesting to me. The idea of leaving school....

So yeah. What was your time in school like?
Thats probably the worst idea ever. First of all, you probably wouldn't pass the GED. Even if you did, you're only 16, and probably not ready for college. High school is a complete joke compared to college. When I went to college it was like a slap in the face.

And if you didn't go to college why would you want to sit around and do nothing? If there's one thing thats wrong in this world, its lazy people like that. Not working isn't going to get you anywhere in life. Even if its a low paying shitty ass job, any experience is helpful at your age.

Anyways, highscool was great. I'd do anything to go back.
Old 15 May 2007, 07:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel
Thats probably the worst idea ever. First of all, you probably wouldn't pass the GED. Even if you did, you're only 16, and probably not ready for college. High school is a complete joke compared to college. When I went to college it was like a slap in the face.

And if you didn't go to college why would you want to sit around and do nothing? If there's one thing thats wrong in this world, its lazy people like that. Not working isn't going to get you anywhere in life. Even if its a low paying shitty ass job, any experience is helpful at your age.

Anyways, highscool was great. I'd do anything to go back.
What I meant by college is I'd be going to a community college to learn exactly what I want to do in life. Part of the problem is I hate dinking around in High School with a bunch of subjects that arn't going to do me shit once I graduate and go on to what I want to do. That's one reason my step dad thought about this. I'd be able to start studying the specific field I want to go into.

As for passing the GED, I'm pretty confident I'd be able to pass it. I might have to do a little prep before hand, but I'm not on the same level as other kids my age.

As for sitting around doing nothing, I'm lazy as fuck. Well, no. I should re-phrase that. I'll work my ass off for certain things. If I get a job and even somewhat enjoy it, I'll work hard. However, a bigger part of me at this age just wants to lay around, meet up with my friends after school, and go around having a good time. Don't get me wrong though, I know I wouldn't be doing that all my life, and I'd probably only be doing that act for about a year. Once what would be my senior year gets going, I'd be out working hard, trying to earn money for moving out, and going to a broadcasting school.

I'm going to talk with my step-dad about it when I go up there. It's an interesting idea, and I might just do it. However, I need to know more about it before I make my decision.
Old 15 May 2007, 07:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Dude, don't be like Sin. If you can get your GED, then just do what you got to do to graduate early. Quit bitching about it and man up. Sitting on your ass for a year and wasting away? Don't be silly.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2007, 07:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
What I meant by college is I'd be going to a community college to learn exactly what I want to do in life. Part of the problem is I hate dinking around in High School with a bunch of subjects that arn't going to do me shit once I graduate and go on to what I want to do. That's one reason my step dad thought about this. I'd be able to start studying the specific field I want to go into.
I hate to break it to you, but college is filled with a bunch of useless classes too.

Quote:
As for sitting around doing nothing, I'm lazy as fuck. Well, no. I should re-phrase that. I'll work my ass off for certain things. If I get a job and even somewhat enjoy it, I'll work hard. However, a bigger part of me at this age just wants to lay around, meet up with my friends after school, and go around having a good time. Don't get me wrong though, I know I wouldn't be doing that all my life, and I'd probably only be doing that act for about a year. Once what would be my senior year gets going, I'd be out working hard, trying to earn money for moving out, and going to a broadcasting school.
It doesn't sound like you have many friends if you want to leave highschool that bad...
Old 15 May 2007, 07:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Quote:
I hate to break it to you, but college is filled with a bunch of useless classes too.

It doesn't sound like you have many friends if you want to leave highschool that bad...
I hate to break it to you but I most likely wouldn't be going to a regular college.

And I have plenty of friends. I'd just rather not have to deal with the morons who think they know what's best for me.
Old 15 May 2007, 07:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
I hate to break it to you but I most likely wouldn't be going to a regular college.
You're still going to be taking classes that don't deal with your program. And even still, if you're going to some low rate college, what good is that? You're just taking the easy way out.
Old 15 May 2007, 07:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Quote:
You're still going to be taking classes that don't deal with your program. And even still, if you're going to some low rate college, what good is that? You're just taking the easy way out.
Eh. I guess your partially right.

However what would probably happen is I'd take the next two years going to a school where I could earn an associates degree in either Radio and Television or Telecommunications. From there, I would probably go on to Specs Howard school of Broadcasting, (a very well respected broadcasting school in Michigan), and do their program. From there, a job in radio hopefully.

But like I said, I don't know if that's what I'm going to do. I'm not ready mentally to grow up I guess you'd say, and begin my life.
Old 15 May 2007, 07:47 PM   #9 (permalink)

trowa is a PWF Hall of Famertrowa is a PWF Hall of Famertrowa is a PWF Hall of Famertrowa is a PWF Hall of Famertrowa is a PWF Hall of Famertrowa is a PWF Hall of Famertrowa is a PWF Hall of Famertrowa is a PWF Hall of Famertrowa is a PWF Hall of Famertrowa is a PWF Hall of Famertrowa is a PWF Hall of Famer

You will always take required classes in college before you can take what you want. That is just how it is. I wouldn't get a GED if I was you. It is worse then a high school diploma. Finish high school and deal with it. Then after that go to college.

Don't feel you can't do it because you can. My gf's sister is 16 and graduated high school this year. She is going to a community college this fall. Oh yeah and she drinks and smokes weed. If she can do it they you can finish high school.

My Cars.
trowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2007, 07:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Quote:
I'm not ready mentally to grow up I guess you'd say, and begin my life.
No you're not. Finish school.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2007, 08:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
> U

Brandy , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Brandy , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Brandy , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Brandy , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Brandy , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Brandy , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Brandy , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Brandy , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Brandy , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Brandy , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Brandy , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

If you are going to get your GED and be done with it then get to college when you get there... and remember that learning is a part of life... doing is the whole thing....

Speak some evil, Hear some evil, See some evil!
Brandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2007, 09:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Couple of things.

First of all, college + you = you get laid. Maybe not at some Community College, I mean the year I spent at CC I got all kinds of ass...but I can't expect just anyone to keep up to that standard. You never know, though...

So anyway, maybe not in CC, but when you get to the real deal, you will get laid and if you're smart enough not to shackle yourself to the first girl that allows you to put your cock in her, you will get laid often.

So don't give me this I'm not ready for college. Yeah, you are. Nice, live girls who you can reach out and touch. Girls just down the hall. Girls who will come to you when they have needs, and who would have you fulfill those needs.

Secondly, if you can graduate early, that's good, but maybe you don't really want to do that. It's all good to leave early if you can, but high school is a worthwhile experience.

Basically, you need to suck it up and enjoy your last remaining years of high school because yes, life sucks once you're done with school. It really doesn't get any fucking better than it is right now. That might make you want to cry, but it's the truth. Make the fucking most of it.

Finish high school, select a real college to go to and get what you want out of life instead of it getting what it wants out of you. It's really very simple.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2007, 09:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
Together We Can!

_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK

Dude stay in school, it's gonna be so much easier to get to a college first off, and second it looks better seeing you graduated high school over dropping out and getting a GED. I had a buddy that dropped out this year, and now he's a bum that works at BK. Stay with it, you have what 1-2 years left, it's not that bad.

The War
You support pulling out, I say USE A CONDOM!!!!
_Fox_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2007, 11:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Igloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Igloo

Stick it out with highschool. I'm not going to doubt the fact that you might be smart enough to jump right into a CC program, but you may not be mentally or physcologically ready to handle the pressures of it. I went into university thinking that it was going to be a piece of cake. Well, a 1.73 GPA in my first semester later, I realized I wasn't, and that it was actually going to take some work. I miss the days in highschool when I could dick around and do shit all but still pull off 85-90s in all of my classes.
You're still probably going to have to do all those menial bullshit jobs too. Unless you have very good connections with people in the field. There are going to be loads of people applying for those jobs and very few spots available. I mean, I'm halfway done my degree, have worked two jobs over the past 3 years and have an assload of volunteer experience and I still haven't been able to land a legitimate summer job.

You have to tough it out in the trenches for a couple years. Very few people are able to skip past all the bullshit.

Anyways, finish highschool. You'll be better off and more prepared because of it.
Igloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2007, 05:13 AM   #15 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

Stay in highschool. There are countless experiences you'll be cheating yourself out of by doing the GED...

Trust CK, CK knows all

CK is offline   Reply With Quote