ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Come here to talk about anything that is off-topic.

The truth meaning of...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Apr 2007, 06:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.
Default The truth meaning of...

...a song that you really like (favorite song)...

i was listening to music...and i was listening to "Hotel California" - by The Eagles...this song was and is one of my favorite songs of all time...however i have never understood or take the time to find out what exactly does the song means ...so today i went online and searched...and came up with a bunch of "guesses" of what the meaning of this song...maybe you guys have heard of...such as: it's about drugs...it's about sex...or simply about the city of L.A. ...well i came across this arguement and thought it was pretty good:

Copy and paste from a direct quote from a poster that i found on some random website:

I don?t really understand why people are thinking this song is about drugs or satanic cults. Come on people, think seriously. Take the song a bit more literally, but at the same time, just follow whats being said. Okay the song starts off, hes driving down the highway, smoking some weed, just hanging out. He gets tired and sees an old church ?mission? and figures that?s a good place to crash for the night. However, it seems that the church is no longer a church, but a brothel. ?this could be heaven or this could be hell? refers to the fact that you get pleasure here, but at the same time it?s a dirty guilty pleasure, one that feels almost defiantly like a sin. The woman who greets him is all dolled up and dressed up. Her ?friends? are the other clients who come to see her. ?dance in the courtyard, SWEET SUMMER SWEAT?, dancing is an allusion to sex. ?Some dance to remember, some dance to forget? people come there for many reasons, remembering a lost girl, or even to forget a girl who broke your heart. The chorus is just the sentiment of the people who come there ? lovely place, lovely face? the girls. ? what a nice surprise, bring your alibis? don?t let your wives know where you went. Here?s where its gets pretty obvious?. ?Mirrors on the ceiling, The pink champagne on ice And she said "We are all just prisoners here, of our own device" And in the master's chambers, They gathered for the feast They stab it with their steely knives, But they just can't kill the beast? Prisoners of our own device refers to the fact that everyone succumbs to their most inate desires of lust. The ?feast? is the sex, They stab it with their steely knives, but they just cant kill the beast. They screw to quench their thirst for lust, but in the end all it does is make them want more. Last thing I remember, I was Running for the door I had to find the passage back To the place I was before "Relax," said the night man, We are programmed to receive. You can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave! Here is basically after he?s done and he has that feeling of ?what have I done?. He runs out but before he does, a guy basically tells him, you can leave this place, but this place will never leave you. Henley was embarrassed that he sought comfort from a prostitute and this song was a way of purging his mind of it.
- Ray, bethlehem, PA

anyways...for those that like this song...what do you think is the meaning of this song...and for those that don't like the song...you can either say i've wasted your time and call me an asshole and leave...or post your favorite song and its meaning that often mis-interpret by others...
Old 28 Apr 2007, 09:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Quote:
Black jack roulette
Losing high and low
She's cold as ice
Turn a young man old

Comedy and tragedy
Entertainment or death
Like sister morphine
Hooked on her game
Time to place your bets

If it wasn't for bad luck,