ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Come here to talk about anything that is off-topic.

Advice Needed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Apr 2007, 11:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
{~PWF's leading man~}

Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.
Arrow Advice Needed

So i posted up a CV a couple of days ago to get a job as i was wondering what type of job i can get at the level of education that i am at now. I went to School and College, in college i did intermediate IT and Advanced, i passed both, funny enough i hate computers, but anyway i'm at university right now doing IT which i hate, its too hard for me and boring, funny right.

So anyway i just got a call back from a company that was interested in my CV and mentioned they would like to interview me and perhaps train me up. The they said after training i could be earning 18k to 25k a year, now this to me is a lot of money, especially at my age and without a university degree.

But heres the catch, the job offer is in London, which is nice as its my home town and i have family there, only problem is that if i get it i will have to leave university which is located in Cheltenham which is about 3 hours drive from London, so its far. Plus the job is full time, monday to friday i assume.

So i need your advice, should i get this job, should i leave uni and work my way up this job in London or should i remain in uni and get a degree? Or what you do if you were in my shoes?

<select name=which style="font-family: Tempus Sans ITC; font-size: 12pt; background-color: green; font-weight: ; color: orange">
<option>Tap out list</option>
<option>Sam</option>
<option>CDWC (x2)</option>
<option>Blu Angel</option>
<option>BOSTON (x5)</option>
<option>Dan Mavrick</option>
<option>Stephenc97</option>
<option>afficial (x4)</option>
<option>ShyneFactory</option>
<option>Camini</option>
<option>EminemPacPWF</option>
<option>2Gangsta (x2)</option>
<option>StarScream (x2)</option>
<option>Shooter</option>
</select>
Sly as hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2007, 11:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Sick in the head

Dick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via MSN to Dick Biggs

Stick with school you'll get an even better job when your done...
Old 16 Apr 2007, 12:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I left school to get a job in design. Which isn't really a big deal since I was studying design anyways. If it's a job that you can do for a career and be successfull at, then fuck it, go for the job. You only get so many opportunities in life. Plus, school is always going to be there.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2007, 12:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
{~PWF's leading man~}

Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.

The job is in IT. I assume they called me up because of what i have from college. I'll be thinking about the advice i recieved, hopefully anyone else who reads this can also let me know what they think.

<select name=which style="font-family: Tempus Sans ITC; font-size: 12pt; background-color: green; font-weight: ; color: orange">
<option>Sam</option>
<option>Camini</option>
<option>Shooter</option>
</select>
Old 16 Apr 2007, 12:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Kaj
Jobber

Kaj is about to climax from said public fellationKaj is about to climax from said public fellationKaj is about to climax from said public fellationKaj is about to climax from said public fellationKaj is about to climax from said public fellationKaj is about to climax from said public fellationKaj is about to climax from said public fellationKaj is about to climax from said public fellationKaj is about to climax from said public fellationKaj is about to climax from said public fellationKaj is about to climax from said public fellation

When do you graduate? Also are there opportunities for pay rise and how long will it take to achieve them. Furthermore are there any other added incentives from them as you are leaving after having paid for (I'm guessing) at least a years tuition fees i.e. a company flat or car? £25k may sound like a lot of money but in reality its not that much especially when your living in London where living costs are higher than anywhere else in the country, I'm guessing (based on my own experience) you wouldn't want to move back in with your family having been living independently for a while now so you would have to consider flat prices as a house is more than you could afford at this moment in time.
The average flat price for a single person flat in Nottingham is £600 per month, prices in London are higher so I'm assuming the figures will be around £750 - 800. I would take these into consideration before doing anything.

Personally I would go for the interview then see if they offer you the job, meanwhile check up on the cost of living in London consider how far you are from graduation and look at the average rate of graduate pay and then see whether you want to take the job or not.

I'm tired of this back-slapping "Isn't humanity neat?" bullshit. We're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are
!
Kaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2007, 01:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
{~PWF's leading man~}

I'm in first year of Uni so have a long way to go still. Flats in London are expensive, thats for sure, i will be looking at a couple if all goes and i decide to take it. I never took in too much detail as i was out when i got the call and couldn't totally think. But i go and see them i will be sure to ask them some of the questions you mentioned.

<option>Sam</option>
<option>Camini</option>
<option>Shooter</option>
</select>
Old 16 Apr 2007, 04:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

25k is average money. It don't know if i'd leave school over it. Do you know how much more you can make once you're done university?
Old 16 Apr 2007, 04:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
{~PWF's leading man~}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel
25k is average money. It don't know if i'd leave school over it. Do you know how much more you can make once you're done university?
I think its a minimum of 25 to 30k, no lower, i believe.

<option>Sam</option>
<option>Camini</option>
<option>Shooter</option>
</select>
Old 16 Apr 2007, 07:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Kaj
Jobber

Kaj is about to climax from said public fellationKaj is about to climax from said public fellationKaj is about to climax from said public fellationKaj is about to climax from said public fellationKaj is about to climax from said public fellationKaj is about to climax from said public fellationKaj is about to climax from said public fellationKaj is about to climax from said public fellationKaj is about to climax from said public fellationKaj is about to climax from said public fellationKaj is about to climax from said public fellation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel
25k is as far as i'm aware higher than the average graduate salary in any course, the national average is only 18.5K. So the money is good but like i mentioned earlier the circumstances on which the job is offered need to be taken into account.

On a side note did you take a gap year Sly or just go into uni later than most? As personally i'd be slightly more inclined to leave uni if i went in under the new system 6k of debt per year is too much.

I'm tired of this back-slapping "Isn't humanity neat?" bullshit. We're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are
!
Old 16 Apr 2007, 08:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
{~PWF's leading man~}

I took a year out, finished college at 19, went uni at 21 (22 this year). Debt is a problem, but thats what uni does.

<option>Sam</option>
<option>Camini</option>
<option>Shooter</option>
</select>
Old 16 Apr 2007, 08:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Kaj
Jobber

Heh, don't i bloody know it, 2 years down and due to a change of course 3 years to go. £20k of debt something to look forward to.

!
Old 16 Apr 2007, 08:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
{~PWF's leading man~}

That sucks, but wow, you changed very late. I was gonna change course, if i decide not to go for this job or don't get it i'll be changing to Mulitmedia, tired of this binary shit, fucking difficult as hell.

<option>Sam</option>
<option>Camini</option>
<option>Shooter</option>
</select>
Old 16 Apr 2007, 08:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

*spins Eaux's wheel of quotes*
Seize the day, and put the least possible trust in tomorrow.
-Horace

I guess go with the current offer; take the job.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote