ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Come here to talk about anything that is off-topic.

Tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Jul 2005, 11:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default Tires

Since I'm a cartard, I'm making this thread.

I just went to this place and got 2 tires put on for pretty cheap. Got a good deal on em, $40 for both and that includes them mounting them.

I got home, and noticed they were different treading. I assume they're the same size.

Will this adversely affect my car in any way?

***EDIT***

Nevermind. Upon further inpection, they have the same treading. One tire just says 'ROAD HUGGER' on it, and the other doesn't

You can still answer the thread if you want, or not

Last edited by STICK; 18 Jul 2005 at 12:02 PM.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jul 2005, 12:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

ST would know more about this, but I believe if you have different tires on your car it throws off the ABS brakes. So I don't know if its a good idea just buying two.
Old 18 Jul 2005, 12:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

The owners manual always say that you should not mix and match tires SPECIALLY on vehicles with 4WD. Make sure the tires are actually the same brand, if you're not sure and the rear tires have some meat left in them you can always switch them. On FWD and RWD cars you can always put like two new tires and leave the other ones untouched.

This is just me but when I change tired I always change all four mainly for safety reasons.

EDIT: Oh before I forget make sure the tires are not unidirectional (They only go one way) cause that affects your vehicle's hanling drastically.

Last edited by Toof; 18 Jul 2005 at 12:33 PM.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jul 2005, 12:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Tooth
The owners manual always say that you should not mix and match tires SPECIALLY on vehicles with 4WD. Make sure the tires are actually the same brand, if you're not sure and the rear tires have some meat left in them you can always switch them. On FWD and RWD cars you can always put like two new tires and leave the other ones untouched.

This is just me but when I change tired I always change all four mainly for safety reasons.

EDIT: Oh before I forget make sure the tires are not unidirectional (They only go one way) cause that affects your vehicle's hanling drastically.
My car is front wheel drive, and I just got new front tires.

The back tires still have a little bit of life left, but I'll probably change them soon.

I guess they go both ways. I can't really tell
Old 18 Jul 2005, 12:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICKzophrenic
My car is front wheel drive, and I just got new front tires.

The back tires still have a little bit of life left, but I'll probably change them soon.

I guess they go both ways. I can't really tell
Unidirectional tires have an arrow that points were the thread pattern should go.
Old 18 Jul 2005, 12:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Quote:
Unidirectional tires have an arrow that points were the thread pattern should go.
Oh. Like I said, I'm a cartard

I just went outside a minute ago and checked em out some more. The tires on the front have different treading than the tires on the back, and are a different brand I guess. They have the same Serial Code (or whatever is used for matching tires) though
Old 18 Jul 2005, 12:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
I hate people

I suggest you move those tires to the back. The ABS system is bitchy and you might have an accident if you happen to do emergency braking. Also I suggest you save money for new tires mainly for safety.
Old 18 Jul 2005, 12:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Quote:
I suggest you move those tires to the back. The ABS system is bitchy and you might have an accident if you happen to do emergency braking. Also I suggest you save money for new tires mainly for safety.
I thought it was best to have the newer tires in front, since that's where most of the wear occurs?
Old 18 Jul 2005, 12:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
I hate people

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICKzophrenic
I thought it was best to have the newer tires in front, since that's where most of the wear occurs?
It is good to have the newest tires in front but not when they have two different thread patterns.
Old 18 Jul 2005, 01:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Quote:
It is good to have the newest tires in front but not when they have two different thread patterns.
I see. Well maybe I'll be going back there sooner than I anticipated to get rear tires as well
Old 18 Jul 2005, 08:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

ST seems to have answered your question well enough...I wouldn't know anyway (now I do though). When we get new tires we always get all four just so we don't run into the same problem you did, Stick.
Side Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jul 2005, 06:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
YOU SCREWED MATT

I am the Icon can only hope to improveI am the Icon can only hope to improveI am the Icon can only hope to improveI am the Icon can only hope to improve

When buying tires, you get what you pay for. So if you have a blow out on the freeway, the car flips and you die...well its cuz you were a cheap ass.
Old 19 Jul 2005, 09:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Icon
When buying tires, you get what you pay for. So if you have a blow out on the freeway, the car flips and you die...well its cuz you were a cheap ass.
I can only wish that would happen.