ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Come here to talk about anything that is off-topic.

Can someone explain something to me?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Jul 2005, 01:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear
Default Can someone explain something to me?

Why are parents shelling out a huge ammount of money to ensure that their kid is going to be some sort of genious? I mean, I was watching T.V., and up came one of those "Baby Einstien" commercials. This little baby is looking at the tv, with the people on there trying to teach them like 3rd grade words. WTF? When I was that age, I was still trying to figure out why the fuck I couldn't walk. I wasn't watching some tv shit, where they are trying to mold me into some sort of Plato-like figure. The whole point of this is, I feel that parents are basically wasting their money. I mean, just because you play Bach while I'm crawling around the house, doesn't mean that I'm going to turn out to be some extreemly intelligent human being. I could be just as good off as if I listend to some sort of 90's pop shit.

So anyways, topic, what was your favorite show as a kid?
Old 14 Jul 2005, 02:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to pyXL

POWER RANGERS~!
Old 14 Jul 2005, 02:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

Anything on Nick Jr. when I was younger.

As of right now..I really like Fresh Prince.
Side Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2005, 02:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

60 Minutes

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2005, 04:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

the cosby show

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2005, 05:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird
60 Minutes
That's sadly depressing...

Were you the only one discussing the Latest Steven King novel with various members of Staff while your classmates sat around at Lunch eating paste?

My Favourite Show was...

Poke'mon, Yeah I think I was in Year 5 or 6 when the first series came out...
Old 14 Jul 2005, 01:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Pinkwood
That's sadly depressing...

Were you the only one discussing the Latest Steven King novel with various members of Staff while your classmates sat around at Lunch eating paste?
Were you the one eating too much paste back in the day? I mean, why would that be "sadly depressing??" Isn't that like being "remorsefully apologetic??" Or maybe "elatedly happy??" I love redundant phrases, they're better than oxymorons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
Why are parents shelling out a huge ammount of money to ensure that their kid is going to be some sort of genious? I mean, I was watching T.V., and up came one of those "Baby Einstien" commercials. This little baby is looking at the tv, with the people on there trying to teach them like 3rd grade words. WTF? When I was that age, I was still trying to figure out why the fuck I couldn't walk. I wasn't watching some tv shit, where they are trying to mold me into some sort of Plato-like figure. The whole point of this is, I feel that parents are basically wasting their money. I mean, just because you play Bach while I'm crawling around the house, doesn't mean that I'm going to turn out to be some extreemly intelligent human being. I could be just as good off as if I listend to some sort of 90's pop shit.
Well there are many reasons for it, but you can't fault a parent for wanting to provide the best possible environment for a kid to grow in. Scientists and Psychologists say that stuff works. They have degrees and research and white lab coats and stethoscopes and shit to back themselves up.

Honestly, I played Mozart for my kids because it's good shit and leads to a finer taste in music. I also played Phish, Pink Floyd, Grateful Dead, CCR etc.

It's not a bad thing to want to raise a smart child. Smart people usually do better in life then dumbasses. The research does suggest that playing classical or complicated music helps, though. It also says that kids who study music in school turn out smarter.

Personally I think genetics has more to do with it, but hey, if something helps then why not if as a parent it's within someone's means?? Like I said, not too many parents want to raise a dumbass.

My favorite show when I was a kid was probably the Dukes of Hazzard.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2005, 01:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
Well there are many reasons for it, but you can't fault a parent for wanting to provide the best possible environment for a kid to grow in. Scientists and Psychologists say that stuff works. They have degrees and research and white lab coats and stethoscopes and shit to back themselves up.
Don't forget beards....some of the scientists and doctors have beards.....yup

Beards mean wise....

Quote:
Honestly, I played Mozart for my kids because it's good shit and leads to a finer taste in music. I also played Phish, Pink Floyd, Grateful Dead, CCR etc.
Thats Cruel....no child should have to endure the Dead....or Phish ...ewwwwwww

diry hippie music

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2005, 01:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird
diry hippie music
Can't even spell "dirty hippie music.:

Hippies have beards too...but that's just because they don't believe in personal hygene.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 01:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Glue

It's not a bad thing to want to raise a smart child. Smart people usually do better in life then dumbasses. The research does suggest that playing classical or complicated music helps, though. It also says that kids who study music in school turn out smarter.

Personally I think genetics has more to do with it, but hey, if something helps then why not if as a parent it's within someone's means?? Like I said, not too many parents want to raise a dumbass.

My favorite show when I was a kid was probably the Dukes of Hazzard.
Well I'm just saying, I don't see how parents buy this stuff, expecting a super-genious. Yeah your kid is probably going to be smarter than the average joe, but I doubt just because you played them some Seasame Street on steroids, they are going to become like some professor at Harvard or something, and I find that's what parents tend to expect.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 02:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
Well I'm just saying, I don't see how parents buy this stuff, expecting a super-genious. Yeah your kid is probably going to be smarter than the average joe, but I doubt just because you played them some Seasame Street on steroids, they are going to become like some professor at Harvard or something, and I find that's what parents tend to expect.
Well, it's a starting point. Anyone who buys that stuff, puts it in the radio and expects that alone to "make their kids smarter," well they're just idiots who deserve to be out the $12 it costs to buy those CDs.

Honestly, Sesame Street is probably better at cultivating childrens' intelligence than something like Leap Frog is. But you know one of the reasons I did play all that music for my kids is because those bands played complicated music, and I want my kids to have a broad range of tastes. Music is the easiest thing to use with infants.

I don't really care if my kids become Harvard Professors or the like, but I take very seriously my charge as a parent not to raise dumbasses. As long as I can give them values and teach them to use their brain, then I'll be doing okay....I think.

That's another thing about parenting...there's a lot of experimentation going on in how to raise kids because you never really know how to go about it. In two years my oldest will be 7. I've never raised a 7 year old, which is the "age of reason" or so they say. I'm gonna be clueless as to exactly what to do...so I'll just do what seems right and hope for the best.

Really that's all parenting is. By the time a person knows how to raise a kid from birth to adulthood, their kids aren't kids anymore.

Bottom line: parents buy that shit cause they're confused and just trying to do things that seem to them like they'll work.

Late.

Old 14 Jul 2005, 02:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK

Quote:
In two years my oldest will be 7. I've never raised a 7 year old, which is the "age of reason" or so they say.
Apparently a person's sexual orientation is already 'in place' by age seven, so if you want to keep your kid straight, get workin' these next two years...
Old 14 Jul 2005, 03:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyXL
Apparently a person's sexual orientation is already 'in place' by age seven, so if you want to keep your kid straight, get workin' these next two years...
I'm pretty sure he's on the right path as long as that's concerned...but just to make sure I think I'll start letting him stay up and watch Street Fury with me so that he can see the female of the species as she was meant to be seen...in dental floss and stripper boots, shakin' her booty around like it's an earthquake.

Late.

Old 14 Jul 2005, 03:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

Quote:
I'm pretty sure he's on the right path as long as that's concerned...but just to make sure I think I'll start letting him stay up and watch Street Fury with me so that he can see the female of the species as she was meant to be seen...in dental floss and stripper boots, shakin' her booty around like it's an earthquake.

Late.
Your parenting skills are impeccable.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 03:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyXL
Your parenting skills are impeccable.
Thanks.

Late.