ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Come here to talk about anything that is off-topic.

Stock Market

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Jun 2005, 10:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.
Default Stock Market

Does anyone here play the stock market at all? I tend to keep an eye on financial news anyways and I am thinking of buying in however I am not really sure where to get started or what to really watch for. I'll probably end up using a service like etrade, unless someone here knows of better ones.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jun 2005, 10:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

No, and I never plan too. I like my money in my hands, not some stock broker.
Old 28 Jun 2005, 11:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

I own a little bit of stock in Sears......

however if I were to buy anything new, I'd be buying Dreamworks Stock....also Warner Bros, DC Comics....

all should have strong performances coming thru the summer....

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jun 2005, 11:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSHOLE
I own a little bit of stock in Sears......

however if I were to buy anything new, I'd be buying Dreamworks Stock....also Warner Bros, DC Comics....

all should have strong performances coming thru the summer....
DreamWorks is still pretty close to their 52 week low so that one probably would be a good one to start buying up...that is unless the sagging Box Office hurts their numbers.

Can't find WB or DC tho.
Old 28 Jun 2005, 11:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC

DC is owned by Warner Bros...so it probably doesn't have its own stock

but with Batman Begins, Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, and a new Harry Potter....WB stock should be due to increase again....

Time Warner (the parent company ) is TWX on NYSE....I think,you'll wanna check for yourself

Old 28 Jun 2005, 11:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

Quote:
DC is owned by Warner Bros...so it probably doesn't have its own stock

but with Batman Begins, Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, and a new Harry Potter....WB stock should be due to increase again....

Time Warner (the parent company ) is TWX on NYSE....I think,you'll wanna check for yourself
TIME WARNER INC TWX Stock

Last
Price 16.99 Bid (size) 0.00 (x0)
Today's
Change +0.09 (+0.53%) Ask (size) 0.00 (x0)
Small: 1day 5day 3mo 1y 5y
Large: 1day 5day 3mo 1y 5y
Custom Chart help

Open 16.95 Market
Cap 79.60B
Volume 6,430,500 P/E 23.27
Today's
Range 16.90 - 17.04 EPS 0.73
52-Week
Range 15.41
(8/12/2004) 19.90
(12/15/2004)
Dividend
(Date) N/A

That's pretty good...if they have a good summer that should go up.

Altiris(ATRS in Nasdaq) looks to be a good choice too...they made systems management and solution software for companies. They were on a downward trend for the past 8-10 months but it looks like they're going to start pulling themselves out of it.
Old 28 Jun 2005, 11:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

Now might be a good time to invest in Microsoft too....its not too high, and should see a mild increase over the next few months

also. look into cell phone stock...such as Verizon

Old 28 Jun 2005, 11:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

Quote:
Now might be a good time to invest in Microsoft too....its not too high, and should see a mild increase over the next few months
If you stick with Microsoft for a year or so then you should see a big increase. Next year they're releasing new versions of Office and Windows, that'll bring in the bucks.
Old 28 Jun 2005, 11:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeR0
If you stick with Microsoft for a year or so then you should see a big increase. Next year they're releasing new versions of Office and Windows, that'll bring in the bucks.
its a little lower than usual too

also consider Disney....I think its around 26 now...Summer should be good to them....

buy it while its low....

Walmart is usually solid as well...

At the end of summer...maybe towards winter....pick up some share of Marvel Comics.

They are gonna lose a lot this summer, but should pick up next year.