ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Come here to talk about anything that is off-topic.

Who is the better man?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Jun 2005, 12:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK
Default Who is the better man?

The Christian who leads a good life, being good to others, helping when and how he can...all in hope to recieve his eternal reward
-or-
The Atheist who leads a good life, being good to others, helping when and how he can....with no hopes of any kind of eternal reward

well....which is it?

For that matter, for those of you who are religious....do you believe that God will welcome all good people into heaven? Atheists, Various religions, etc...

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2005, 12:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to pyXL

The second one. The atheist act is less selfish than the Christian, as they are doing it because their big book tells them to.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 12:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

None. Good guys finish last.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2005, 12:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Sick in the head

Dick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via MSN to Dick Biggs

I vote for the third party candidate....The Satin worshiping self centered guy that hates every one and only looks out for what is his best intrest....
Dick Biggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2005, 02:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

It's odd that you would ask in the first place. Who says that just because Christian people act nicely, their motivation is solely for an "eternal reward??" I mean, is it impossible for a Christian to be a nice person just because they're a nice person and not because they believe that's their ticket to Heaven? That certainly seems to be the implication of this question anyway.

The answer is Neither. Both people are nice and helpful. Their motivation does not come into play with the general question of "who is better?" If you want to get deeper into "are they a better person all of the time," then you need to detail their daily habits, routines and vices. And quite frankly, I'm not going to make that call anyway, but maybe other people are better than I and more qualified to do so.

People need to open their minds to the possibility that maybe...just maybe, Christians are capable of being nice simply for the sake of being nice.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2005, 04:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!™

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

What people need to get is that modern religon is basically around for the purpose of keeping society in order. It does so much more good than bad... but people miss that in their christaphobic rantings.

They are equal, though I have never met an atheist that wasn't a total fucking asshole that believed that he/she was the greatest being to ever live. And believe me... in San Francisco you meet alotta these guys.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2005, 04:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelbond
What people need to get is that modern religon is basically around for the purpose of keeping society in order. It does so much more good than bad... but people miss that in their christaphobic rantings.

They are equal, though I have never met an atheist that wasn't a total fucking asshole that believed that he/she was the greatest being to ever live. And believe me... in San Francisco you meet alotta these guys.
I find that atheists are more eager to spout off about their atheism than any religious person I have ever known has been to spout off about their religion. Atheists are worse than missionaries, IMO. It won't be long until we can add them to the list of religions like Mormonism and the Jehovah's Witnesses that go door to door to try and annoy you into converting to their personal beliefs.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2005, 05:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to pyXL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelbond
I have never met an atheist that wasn't a total fucking asshole that believed that he/she was the greatest being to ever live.
I love you too.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 06:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Speaking as a person who considers himself a christian, let me clear this up. these two are on an even scale, because neither of them will get any reward other than the inner satisfaction they recieve from helping others.

No person can "work" their way into heaven. That can only be done by accepting Christ as your savior. A person who has done that should want to help others out of the love their savior has given them.
Double K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2005, 08:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

The second one. The first guy feels that he has to do that stuff. The second is doing it out of good will.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 10:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
It's odd that you would ask in the first place. Who says that just because Christian people act nicely, their motivation is solely for an "eternal reward??" I mean, is it impossible for a Christian to be a nice person just because they're a nice person and not because they believe that's their ticket to Heaven? That certainly seems to be the implication of this question anyway.
I merely asked because I thought it might get a convo going.

I ,btw, wasn't trying to say that its impossible for a Christian to be motivated by anything other than the promise of an eternal reward.

The thread was more of a question of motivation....
Does the promise of eternal salvation affect someone's actions?
Is someone a better person if they continue to be good people, even if they don't believe they will recieve the same reward?

Also, I noticed how pretty much everyone avoided that little side question...
Do you believe that God will welcome all good people into heaven? Atheists, Various religions, etc...

Old 21 Jun 2005, 10:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Also, I noticed how pretty much everyone avoided that little side question...
Do you believe that God will welcome all good people into heaven? Atheists, Various religions, etc...
KK answered it by stating, "That can only be done by accepting Christ as your savior."

That's one of my biggest faults with Christianity, and religion in general. Someone can be a good person their entire life, but because they don't have a certain set of beliefs, they won't have an eternal reward.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2005, 10:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones
KK answered it by stating, "That can only be done by accepting Christ as your savior."
That's why I said "I noticed how pretty much everyone avoided that little side question..." implying that some one did actually answer it...but everyone else ignored it.

Quote:
That's one of my biggest faults with Christianity, and religion in general. Someone can be a good person their entire life, but because they don't have a certain set of beliefs, they won't have an eternal reward.
I would have to agree with that statement....

I am personally Catholic...I have friends who are Jewish, Muslim, Christian, and a few that claim Atheism....I would say they are all essentially good people. I don't really like the idea that just because they have a different religion than I do, that they go to hell...or purgatory or whatever.

Old 21 Jun 2005, 10:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
That's why I said "I noticed how pretty much everyone avoided that little side question..." implying that some one did actually answer it...but everyone else ignored it.
Well I made mention of it, to set up my next point. I knew you said '...pretty much everyone...' I'm not #29 here
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2005, 10:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones
Well I made mention of it, to set up my next point. I knew you said '...pretty much everyone...' I'm not #29 here
sorry man....its been a shitty day