ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Come here to talk about anything that is off-topic.

question..... (looks at HypnoFrog/Sweet Tooth)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Jun 2005, 05:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
YOU SCREWED MATT

I am the Icon can only hope to improveI am the Icon can only hope to improveI am the Icon can only hope to improveI am the Icon can only hope to improve
Default question..... (looks at HypnoFrog/Sweet Tooth)

Im looking at buying a 97 Dodge Neon with a 98 Neon Motor (2.0 DOHC), $1850, motor has 50k and car has 80k.

My question is not should I buy it, but have any of you hear anything positive or negative about late 90s Neons?
Old 02 Jun 2005, 09:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

I had a 98 neon. They Rocked

Bought it for 6,000 with only 476 miles on it. some idiot couldn't pay the car so he tried to torch it....... closing the door with the windows closed

They are really good IMO. Never had a single problem with it and they run pretty fast.. The radio on those cars is pretty powerful too. I used the factory radio wth 4 12" woofers and an amp and the factory speakers as mdrange and tweeters and it sounded ike a high end radio. I sold it to my aunt and she still has the car and so far only one minor problem wic was the radator blew up but by wear and tear.

And nobody I know that owns a Neon had a mayor problem with it other than wear and tear.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2005, 04:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
YOU SCREWED MATT

I am the Icon can only hope to improveI am the Icon can only hope to improveI am the Icon can only hope to improveI am the Icon can only hope to improve

Ive been reading that 97 Neons had steering, brake and insulation problems. They also had head gaskets blowing all the time, which im not concerned with since this motor is a 98.

Hear any of this before?
Old 02 Jun 2005, 04:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Icon
Ive been reading that 97 Neons had steering, brake and insulation problems. They also had head gaskets blowing all the time, which im not concerned with since this motor is a 98.

Hear any of this before?
No more Bronco II with no A/C and a smashed rear side window??? lol
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2005, 05:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Orphaned.

SodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of Famer

I got a 95 Neon in 1999 and still drive it. About a year after I bought it, the timing belt broke and the motor got pretty fucked up. It was about $1000 to fix, and since then it's been pretty dependable. I think the heater quitting is the only other issue I have had.

The price seems right and it has less miles than mine did when I bought it, so I would give it a chance.
SodaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2005, 05:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Icon

Hear any of this before?
Nope. In fact the only problem the 97 Neon had was the Air Bag sensor and thats about it.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2005, 06:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Pickups > all

But Neons are ok I guess.
Old 03 Jun 2005, 04:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
YOU SCREWED MATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Van Dam
No more Bronco II with no A/C and a smashed rear side window??? lol
Heads went out, so I sold it.

I loved that thing though.

I got to drive the car and well.....my 64 Chevy Truck brakes and handles better. So I will not be buying the Neon.

I got Soda Girl to post.

Last edited by I am the Icon; 03 Jun 2005 at 04:16 AM.
I am the Icon is offline   Reply With Quote