ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Come here to talk about anything that is off-topic.

Icons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Nov 2004, 10:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

Default Icons

Who are the people who transcend their genres?
The one's that despite how much you may not like what they do, you still know who they are?

For example:
Dale Earnhardt....even tho I don't like NASCAR, I still knew who he was

John Wayne... even if you don't like westerns you know who this man is

JFK.....even if you don't know all the Presidents, you know who JFK was and what happened to him

Also, do you think these "Icons" image gives a positive or negative reflection on what they do/did?
Old 27 Nov 2004, 10:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

Though I'm into Nascar now, I wasn't in grade school. I knew who Dale Earnhardt was. I think he has a positive influence.

John Wayne. Westerns are unbelievably boring to me. I still knew his name and his face.
Side Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2004, 11:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiErra
Though I'm into Nascar now, I wasn't in grade school. I knew who Dale Earnhardt was. I think he has a positive influence.

John Wayne. Westerns are unbelievably boring to me. I still knew his name and his face.
mine were examples...I was expecting people to add some of their own names too
Old 27 Nov 2004, 11:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
SC
ATWA

SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.

Stone Cold Steve Austin: i dont think i need to explain why he is an icon...people who dont watch wrestling know who this man is.

The beatles:...duh music icons for sure.
SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2004, 11:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Alli the Guru

Hulk Hogan for wrestling who doesnt know who he is.

Babe Ruth.

Mohammed Ali
Old 27 Nov 2004, 11:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

Wayne Gretzky- Lol, surprised no one has said him yet. Even Americans who have never watched hockey before know his name.

Bruce Lee- The reason Kung Fu movies are popular in America.

Cassius Clay- Boxing Icon.

The Simpsons TV Show- Paved the way for controversial cartoons like South Park and King of the Hill.

Rockstar- Makers of Grand Theft Auto 3, the game that stretched the boundaries of video games.

Run DMC- Biggest rap group of the 80s, their song with Aerosmith made rap a pretty big thing.

Bill Clinton- Best president in a long time, in my opinion. A very positive thinker, always wanted to expand in technology, and wanted to be a bridge maker into other countries.
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2004, 11:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Heavyweight

David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.

George Washington- people who don't live in the US and can name maybe only one US president know him.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2004, 11:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Angle
mine were examples...I was expecting people to add some of their own names too
...oops..

The Rock. Just about everyone I've talked to knows about him, even if they're not into wrestling.

Alot of people, who aren't into Nascar, also know Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt JR.
Old 28 Nov 2004, 12:03 AM   #9 (permalink)

pollobeah is on a distinguished road

i would have to say bret hart would be mine. he has been through so much shit but yet he keeps on coming back. i know he's kind of a cry baby now. but he has been through so much shit. other than that i don't know if i really have an icon.
pollobeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Nov 2004, 12:04 AM   #10 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Rockstar isn't an icon, GTA is.

Exo: he clearly transcends conventional message boards and is a true household name. Even my grandmother knows who he is. Just look at all the exo tribute sites out there. If anyone has defined what it means to be a poster/mod/supermod/admin/artist/musician/superbeing, then it is him.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Nov 2004, 12:06 AM   #11 (permalink)
Hanh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exo
Exo
Who?
Old 28 Nov 2004, 12:06 AM   #12 (permalink)
Alli the Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by exo
Rockstar isn't an icon, GTA is.

Exo: he clearly transcends conventional message boards and is a true household name. Even my grandmother knows who he is. Just look at all the exo tribute sites out there. If anyone has defined what it means to be a poster/mod/supermod/admin/artist/musician/superbeing, then it is him.
I used to see that guy exo on these boards a lot but then he opened some sort of country club and disappeared.
Old 28 Nov 2004, 12:14 AM   #13 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

^look, 2 of exo's legions of fans. Exo has allready recieved more praise than any other "icon" in this thread.

And shame on Ali, after Exo stood up for him.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Nov 2004, 12:16 AM   #14 (permalink)
Alli the Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by exo
^look, 2 of exo's legions of fans. Exo has allready recieved more praise than any other "icon" in this thread.

And shame on Ali, after Exo stood up for him.
And Alli appreciates it. Alli just misses his old friend exo "sniff" and wishes he would visit more often and disperse many benevolant blessings upon the masses.
Old 28 Nov 2004, 12:18 AM   #15 (permalink)
Hanh!

*holds up sign that says: "Who Exo?"*