ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Come here to talk about anything that is off-topic.

Better Late than Never.....Up Close and Personal with Shane

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Nov 2004, 06:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default Better Late than Never.....Up Close and Personal with Shane

Shane, thanks for doing this one, bro.....very insightful......Shane is a classy person, a great poster and a huge asset to these boards.....here is:

UP Close and Personal: The Shane Interview

Quote:
Oeo: You are obviously an intelligent wrestling fan.....why then the overwhelming want to be a fan of someone like Goldberg?

Shane: LOL. Your question leads me to believe that you think that intelligent fans shouldn’t be Goldberg fans…..why??? During WCW’s heyday the man was the most popular man in his company by miles. Does that mean that there were no intelligent WCW fans anywhere. I enjoyed watching him wrestle a lot. He would come in….not sell a lot, hit his power moves, spear, jackhammer then growl a lot. What wasn’t there to like. My biggest disappointment with Goldberg in WWe was only that the creative didn’t use him properly. His character was an unstoppable force and that’s what he should have done. When your jobbing to a chokeslam and waiting 10 seconds for HHH to pin you... That aint unstoppable. As for all the talk that he was a pain in the arse backstage and he wasn’t the nicest person in the streets is irrelevant to me. I liked him for his wrestling…..I still do and if he ever returned to the WWE I would still mark out big time for him.

Oeo: Hah…..didn’t mean it like that at all….. I too am a fan of his…..

Who do you enjoy discussing more.....Goldberg or Austin?

Shane: I’m a bigger Austin mark but there is normally little discussion involving him any more. All the people who complained that he was boring and stale have stopped because he isn’t around anymore and even though I preferred him wrestling I would still prefer watching Austin talk for 10 minutes, come out stunning pigeons in the ring and drinking beer than 90% of the drivel the are currently producing. I would defend both wrestlers as well as The Rock.

Oeo: Just how much betting do you actually do?

Shane: Quite a bit. Having started gambling at 14 years old I got my first real job for a state betting agency at 16. When they legalized online sports gambling in Australia I started to bet online.
Now that my current job has me looking after a place that has gaming PC's I find I have a lot of free time to gamble and I increased both the amount and also the variety of sports I gamble on. My accountant won’t be impressed with me if I don’t improve though......not a good year so far. LOL

Oeo: Do you find the cultural differences to be tough between Australia and the US?

Shane: Not really. There are mix ups with words every now and then and of course we spell correctly. LOL But after speaking to coder I’ve discovered that America doesn’t have clubs like we have over here.
This is almost inconceivable to aussies where clubs (whether they be football, war veterans, bowling, social,cultural, etc) dominate towns up and down the country.
All of them funded by pokie machine revenues. LOL more gambling

Oeo: How did you become such a fan of US sports?

Shane: I watched a lot of late night tv on free to air channels here and they would show some American sports on late and found them interesting to watch. After we got Paytv that obsession become greater with more access to games. Its not just American sports either I have an interest in a lot of sports played all around the world.
I also found that I liked more sports if I could gamble on them as well......LOL even more gambling

Oeo: What made you come to the conclusion that the Lakers and the Cowboys were to be your favorite teams?

Shane: When I watched NBA for the first time ever it was the finals between Boston and LA and I was amazed by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. He was unstoppable and I was hooked on the Lakers ever since.
As for Dallas, when I first wanted to buy a an NFL jersey you could only get 2 kinds in Australia. Dallas or san fran...my friend was a Montana fan so I chose the other. I ended up getting Aikman's name and No. put on the shirt.

Oeo: What made you first become interested in wrestling?

Shane: I first saw wrestling on a sports program that ran for 5 hours every saturday.
They would show a new match each week but the guy with the gold flowing blond hair NEVER got beat. In the end a rival network got the rights to show WWf superstars so I got to watch a lot more....still the guy with the long flowing blond hair NEVER got beat there either.

Oeo: What is your favorite WWF/E moment?

Shane: I have a couple. WMIII was amazing because it was the first time a free to air channel had showed it and it was live. 90000+ people and Hogan beat Andre..all good things. WM17 provided the best spectacle to watch. Amazing ppv as well as involving a main event that included my 2 of my 3 favourite wrestlers. Going to a live wwe show was pretty special too. (so was the wcw one)

Oeo: Would you like to, at some point, become a mod here?

Shane: Its not something that I think about at all really. If it was to happen then I probably would except it but its not a position that worries me a great deal.
I will continue to post here regardless of being a mod or not. Anything that can help this place succeed I will try and help with.

Oeo: What keeps bringing you back to the boards that you post at?

Shane: Mainly because I like the places that I post at. Because I post 90% of the time at work only I have a lot of free time which when I’m not gambling I can post at places that have interests that I like. Huge Wrestling interest is what got me involved with message boards and wrestling will continue to keep me posting.

Oeo: Which is better, here or PW?

Shane: Now that’s a question that has little relevence to me at all. I use both sites to fulfill a purpose. Pwf let me join first and the uncensored side of the place was tons of fun. I paid for premium at PWF which I didn’t at PW so that must something. I find that between the two I get by. My question is why does one have to be better than the other.

Oeo: If the moon is made out of Gouda, what is the equivalent of 99 kegs on the wall?

Shane: Humpty dumpty impaled on the great wall of china.

Oeo: When you go to bed at night, what keeps you awake?

Shane: LOL.....nothing. I read somewhere that it takes the average person approximatly 7 minutes to fall asleep, well someone must be making up for me because Im asleep with 60 seconds of my head hitting the pillow.

If your referring to problems or issues that weigh on the conscience I rarely have that problem because I tend to either deal with them quickly or forget about them. My temper normally lasts no longer than 5 minutes before I switch off and that tends to spin people out because I can be friendly to a person I was screaming at less than 5 minutes before.

Oeo: Is there a Mrs. Shane?

Shane: No. To be honest I’m frightened to death of the thought of marriage. Some of my friends have been through a couple of them and there experiences don’t exactly endear me to the thought. At this moment my opinion stands at

Girlfriend good
Wife bad

Oeo: okay.....there are the questions.....here are some poster associations.....just give me a synapse of what you think of that person.....

Coder.....

Shane: He introduced himself to me as a fellow fan of CS and since then has become a someone I enjoy talking to on messenger. Has horrible taste in music and sports teams and isnt a star wars fan but not everyone can be perfect like me

Oeo: Dre.....

Shane: He was mod of WWE (along with steph) when I joined and for a while I didnt want to get in any arguments with him in case he banned me but there was a ton of stuff that we didnt agree with in wwe and he was pretty cool when we had disagreements in opinion. His defends his position well with thought out posts and even though we never seem to change each others position regardless.

Oeo: Starscream.....

Shane: Seems to mix periods of lucidity with outright madness. Has made more goodbye threads than I’ve had hot meals. His obsession with the female members of this site as well as the language towards them detract from how good a poster he probably could be.

Oeo: Marbles.....

Shane: Without question provided the majority of laughs I had during the first 12 months on this site. His threads that littered off-topic were for the most part funny as hell (also a couple that were sick) and his obsession with sodagirl and the single minded determination he showed in hunting down blitz was like a car accident you couldnt turn away from. It was as close as an online soapy as Ill ever see and made me want to log on as fast as possible to see what happened next.

Oeo: Rebel.....

Shane: This is a man with impeccible taste in music and football teams. Him and PWF ROCK are responsible for the interest I have in baseball and hockey now because of the sports gambling we use to participate in with the old points system.

Oeo: thanks again, Shane.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Nov 2004, 07:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Vicious Vixen

Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via MSN to Monica Send a message via Yahoo to Monica

Great interview. I learned a little more about shane, which is good.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 07:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

lol. I remember when we started to bet on hockey. It was an easy way to get points for awhile since you and the Rock didn't know much about hockey. The only competition I had was with that Edge guy. That was back in the day when we would bet millions and millions of points a night.
Old 16 Nov 2004, 11:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

excellent

great job fellas
Old 16 Nov 2004, 03:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

Good read, nice interview.
Side Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Nov 2004, 04:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
{~PWF's leading man~}

Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.

Good stuff.

<select name=which style="font-family: Tempus Sans ITC; font-size: 12pt; background-color: green; font-weight: ; color: orange">
<option>Tap out list</option>
<option>Sam</option>
<option>CDWC (x2)</option>
<option>Blu Angel</option>
<option>BOSTON (x5)</option>
<option>Dan Mavrick</option>
<option>Stephenc97</option>
<option>afficial (x4)</option>
<option>ShyneFactory</option>
<option>Camini</option>
<option>EminemPacPWF</option>
<option>2Gangsta (x2)</option>