ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Come here to talk about anything that is off-topic.

Well screw you, Mr. eBay guy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Nov 2004, 02:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
DISCO MACHINE~!

Aaron has a spectacular aura aboutAaron has a spectacular aura about
Angry Well screw you, Mr. eBay guy

I use eBay a lot...to sell and buy. Never had a problem before, 100% positive feedback~!, yadda yadda yadda. But I'm a walking disaster, so it was just a matter of time before something went wrong.

The other day, I bought a trading card from some guy. "Mint condition" said the description. I obviously misunderstood, as I've always thought "mint condition" was a synonym for "perfect". I forgot about the other meaning of "mint. Y'know...

m-int
adj.
Something in mint condition usually has the following features:
-a huge crease right down the card
-the foil part of the card covered in scratches
-large scrapes on the card
-heavy corner peeling

I emailed the guy yesterday evening, but he hasn't replied yet. I really needed this fucking card too.

Anyone else been struck with shitty false description on eBay?
Old 06 Nov 2004, 03:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

most the time i have no problem with it, but on occasions, i do get some not so accurate descriptions, usually they forget to tell you something about the item.
Old 06 Nov 2004, 03:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

I've never bought anything on e-bay.....

what kind of trading card, Aaron?

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2004, 03:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
DISCO MACHINE~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oeo
I've never bought anything on e-bay.....

what kind of trading card, Aaron?
It wasn't Pokemon!
Old 06 Nov 2004, 03:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

okay.....so what was it?.....

:mad2:

:reallymad:

I knew reallymad wasn't a smiley.....

Old 06 Nov 2004, 03:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
DISCO MACHINE~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oeo
okay.....so what was it?.....

:mad2:

:reallymad:

I knew reallymad wasn't a smiley.....
Okay...it was a Pokemon card.

But it was a really rare one.
Old 06 Nov 2004, 03:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

I thought it may have been a sports card.....

I've got lots of those.....thought I might have been able to help you out.....

Old 06 Nov 2004, 04:31 PM   #8 (permalink)

Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

yeah, i got burned on a Star Basketball Isiah Thomas rookie card once. it was advertised as authentic, but turns out it was a topps 96 reprint.
Double K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2004, 04:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron
Okay...it was a Pokemon card.

But it was a really rare one.
Old 06 Nov 2004, 04:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

I once bought some jeans on ebay...they ended up like 5 sizes smaller than what he said.
Old 06 Nov 2004, 05:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

One time I ordered the best of Starrcade, '83-'87 off Amazon. And if anyone's ever seen that video, it's awesome. Tons of Ric Flair, Rick Steamboat, Rock 'n Roll Express, Ric Flair, and then the Tully Blanchard/Magnum TA cage match which is legendary.

I was pretty hyped... and guess how disappointed I was when I got Starrcade '93 instead. I decided to actually keep the tape, you know because of the Ric Flair/Vader match. And it turns out that even sucked. Great.
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2004, 05:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Neener.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alakazam.jpg (310.6 KB, 27 views)
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2004, 05:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
DISCO MACHINE~!

Got-dammit Trev, stop this torture!
Old 06 Nov 2004, 09:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

I've never been stiffed on anything off of EBay, yet.

I've bought about 7 or 8 things I would say, all have been perfect condition, like the description says.

One question, the guy you bought from, how was his feedback? Did he have any negatives or anything?
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2004, 10:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
Heavyweight

David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.

What card did you buy?
David is offline   Reply With Quote