ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Come here to talk about anything that is off-topic.

Oeo, the election and more.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Nov 2004, 12:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default Oeo, the election and more.....

Well, much has been debated around our hallowed halls about who will win the election.....why you should vote for Bush over Kerry, and vice versa.....I'm going to be doing an Up Close and Personal interview later this week in which Mr. McMahon, Dogcatcher and Trevelbond will be posing questions to me, but I received this question from Trev and thought I should go ahead and answer it, because the interview will not be up until after the election.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelbond
With the election drawing near what are the key issues to secure a vote from OEO?
I'd like to say that I'm not a Republican, merely a Conservative.....but I am registered as a Republican voter.....however, that does not by default mean that I will vote for George W. Bush simply because he is a Republican.....I could not vote for Arnold Swarzenegger, yet he is a Republican.....I could not vote for Bob Dole, Dick Cheney or a host of others that are Republicans.....so here is my answer to Trev's question.....

The key issues to me in the upcoming election are not what we hear so much about in the daily news.....so much of that can be misconstrued in so many different ways.....for example.....(I'm writing this without the .....'s to attempt to make it easier to read).....

We have heard, many times, that the President of the United States invaded Iraq for oil. I've heard that it is all for his "oil buddies to get richer", to allow Halliburton to move in and make billions of dollars, to blah, blah, blah. The fact of the matter is, less than five (5) percent of the oil that is used by the United States of America comes from Iraq.

You see, and I think it was Ryan that pointed this out, oil is bought here in the US based on futures, not the amount that we have available to us today. When we hear that the cost of oil has gone up, we are talking about oil that won't even be purchased for use for approximately two years. That five percent that we purchase from Iraq could just as easily be purchased from somewhere else. Therefore, when it comes right down to it, Iraq was not invaded for oil.

We have heard that John Kerry is a flip flopper, and the speech so often used is that he voted for the 87 billion dollars before voting against it. Kerry is many things, but I don't believe him to be a flip flopper. His voting record is clear that he has never supported more money for the US Armed Forces as a whole. Yes, there have been occasions where he voted to allot money to the troops. But never during a time of conflict. He has been very consistent, throughout his life, that he doesn't believe the US should ever involve themselves with anyone outside of their own country in any type of conflict.

We have heard that President Bush made a mistake by going into war with Iraq. What we fail to hear is that it was a swift war. What we don't hear is that the UN tells us we have to stay there and rebuild what we took down. The US troops went into battle, they conquered the opposition. They destroyed the single most sadistic regime in the world since Adolf Hitler. And they did it with the backing of MANY of the same allies that were with the US during WWI and WWII. This point cannot be overlooked.

Yes, the principal reason given was that the belief was Saddam Hussein had Weapons of Mass Destruction and now we believe there to be none. What we do not hear on many occasions is that every one of our allies believed the exact same thing. Thirty one (31) countries agreed that this was the right thing. Thirty one countries agreed that, according to the intelligence reports, Saddam Hussein either had WMD's or the capability to make them. This point is often overlooked by the media, and it is shuffled under the table when the Democratic party talks about the war and its aftermath. In 1991, thirty four allies agreed that the US should attack Iraq. John Kerry voted against it. So you see, he never changed his position, it was just the wrong position. Then and now.

We have heard that John Kerry determined, then, in 1998 that Hussein and Iraq were indeed an "imminent threat to the security of the US." Once an imminent threat, always an imminent threat until removed from power. Just my opinion. Here is where I believe that Kerry has still not necessarily changed his position, he just doesn't believe that the US was the one to do the fighting.

There are a few things that I admire about John Kerry. He seems to be a proud father. He served in the church as a youngster. He has a lot of money. He doesn't appear to be ashamed of his past, even though he has done many things wrong.

So, you see, I don't just automatically vote for the Republican candidate. But in this year's election I will. Here are the reasons.

The #1 issue that I look at, as a Christian, is morality. The second issue is abortion. Third would be patriotism. Fourth is taxes. So I will break them down by candidate.

John Kerry has loudly proclaimed that he is a Catholic, yet he is for Gay Marriage and Abortion. The Catholic church is against both of those, as am I. He dances around the question of whether he prays to a higher power, or whether he is a Christian. He only once again says, "I am a Catholic". I'm okay with whether or not he is a "Christian" in the purest since of the form, as I do not ever intend to judge someone based upon their choice of religion or lack thereof. What I don't agree with Senator Kerry on is the fact that he continues to loudly proclaim being a Catholic, yet his stance on those two issues alone belie the beliefs of the Catholic church.

George W. Bush has stood firmly upon that platform, stating many times his belief. He is against Gay Marriage, he is against abortion. He doesn't back down from the moral beliefs that were taught him in church. Some would say he stands on those beliefs to a fault. I would say that he doesn't use them enough. When you are a Christian, you should not be ashamed to say so. He has those beliefs out there where everyone can see them.

The second issue is abortion, and I sort of touched on that with the first issue here, but I believe strongly against it. We so often hear about the casualties of the war and aftermath in Iraq, and they are many. 1,052 US casualties to this point, I believe. And we hear that EVERY LIFE LOST IS ANOTHER RESULT OF WRONG WAR, WRONG PLACE, WRONG TIME. I'm telling you right now, 1,052 doesn't hold a candle to the babies lost because of abortion. There are an average of 4,000 abortions performed each day in the United States alone. Wrong war, wrong place, wrong time. 4,000 children killed each day.

The third issue for me is Patriotism. I'm deeply rooted in my patriotism for this country. Members of my family have served in ever war since WWI, and members are doing so now. I believe that at one time, John Kerry was a patriot. I believe that George W. Bush is a patriot. Here is where my problems lie, and once again why I will be voting for Bush on Tuesday.

When Kerry came home from the Vietnam War (and I commend him for serving, and I detract nothing from his three purple hearts) he immediately set up shop and was one of the founders of Veterans against the war. In essence, John Kerry came home while his other compatriots were still there and began spouting "wrong war, wrong place, wrong time." He voted against the war then, as so many others did. Many veterans came home, and many did not complain about the war. They were patriots. They came home and said "we had a job to do, and we did it." John Kerry came home and began campaigning against the president, even though the president at that time wasn't the man that had started the war.

My uncle served 23 months, I believe, in the Vietnam war. He has three purple hearts. He does not display them proudly in his office, he does not wish to talk about them. If asked about the war, he simply says "I served my country as proudly as I could." When asked if he would go to Iraq today, he says "If they asked me to I would. It is my duty as an American soldier."

John Kerry led a march to the White House. He took someone else's medals and threw them over the fence onto the White House lawn. He took what another soldier had earned and threw it in protest. However, he still displays his purple hearts proudly in his office. What does the man whose medals were thrown by John Kerry over the fence do with his? That's right, he doesn't have any medals to display. Yet his leader does.

Ladies and Gentlemen, there has never been a more cowardly act by a member of the US Armed Forces. In one of the more traitorous acts of the 20th century, John Kerry told his comrades in arms that he didn't care about them and he didn't care about his country. He is no longer a patriot.

George Bush served in the reserves. He was never asked to go to Vietnam. Yes, questions have been raised about his time in the service. The same questions that were raised and answered four years ago.

The last issue to me is taxes. Not about balancing the budget, not about ridding our country of a deficit. The US has operated under a deficit for approximately 83% of its life, and we are still the strongest economic nation in the world. Deficit spending does not equal a weakened nation. Put that statement in the bank, because it rings true.

No, the tax issue is about what I pay. I have three children. I work in a middle income job. And I pay less taxes today than I did when President Clinton was in office. Many things have been said about Kerry coming into office and raising the taxes on the wealthiest one percent, two percent, whatever. The fact of the matter is, the Democratic party will raise taxes on the population of the United States of America. 100 Percent of it, not one (1) percent of it. Do not believe that the only tax increase will come on the wealthiest of Americans.

The tax burden on middle income Americans who are married and have children is at its lowest level percentage wise than in four decades. Higher taxes on the population by this President is a myth. Yes, there are those of you here that have been affected in the opposite way. It will change when you are married and/or have children. That's the way the system was devised to work.

So, there you have it. I could drone on and on about the unemployment rate, jobs created and all of those other things. But the fact of the matter is, those are the four most important things to me. George W. Bush won four out of four. Kerry lost four out of four. It's easy for me to see why the President deserves another vote from me.

Ray B.

sidenote: Four.....More.....Years.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.

Last edited by Oeo; 01 Nov 2004 at 01:07 PM. Reason: I had a typo....
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Nov 2004, 05:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

You put it better than I ever could.

This election is the most important since the 1960 one. We are in a war with terrorism and we have a man in OBL that is willing to do anything to harm this country again. Now what do we do, take the fight to the terrorists or "pass the global test".

The choice is clear....GWB
Old 01 Nov 2004, 05:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

well being a republican, and working for a conservative politician i was already voting for W...but i didn't read what ever you wrote Oeo, but i am sure it was a valid point.
Old 01 Nov 2004, 06:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.

I can assure you that I will make a valid and well thought out response to this post, you have displayed remarkable intellegence in your post. Intellegence that a 16 year old might not be able to match with. It seems that we are on far opposite sides of the spectrum. I will post a serious reply later as it's not in my personality to back down from a debate oppurtunity but I will say one thing; we can both agree that this election will be more important than any in recent years...
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Nov 2004, 06:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Dave, you know that I respect the things that you have to say.....you often make very valid points, and you give some of the best political arguments here.....if you really wish to, go ahead.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2004, 08:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

I feel so weird: I'm a registered Libertarian but I'm voting for Peroutka (Constitution Party).
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote