ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Come here to talk about anything that is off-topic.

The new Corvette.... Possibly the fall of an american icon.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Mar 2004, 10:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof
Angry The new Corvette.... Possibly the fall of an american icon.

e all love that nice looking, tire reeling, asphault ripping, eye turning piece of machinery called Corvette. We all had a wet dream of owning a nice t-top or convertible cruising around downtown with a hot babe next to you (If you say no you're lying) and hell why not, the corvette is one of the best american muscle cars of all time with it's roots back in the late 50's starting as a cruiser then on 1963 turning into a muscle beast called the stingray. For 50 years this car has been the icon when it comes to sports cars.... Well it looks like this legacy will start to die with the next generation corvette. Starting with it's "I wanna be a Viper" look and GM's stupid desicion of turning it's engine the LS6 into a whore yanking it on any sports car on their division.

Don't buy my story? Here is a quick face off and you'll be the judge..

The similarities are thre trust me. Just look at the front face of the vehicle and the resemblance starts kicking in starting with the shape of the front headlamps. It's more evident on the early viper models but I wasn't able to find a picture.

GM's idea of changing the classic flip side headlamps into a regular type could be one of the worst mistakes they could of made. Of course the early Vettes were on the outside too but we have to remember that corvettes had the hiding headlamp style since 1963 when the stingray came out. I don't know what GM is trying to achieve here but I think this could be a really bad idea for General Motors but only time will tell.

Another bad idea from GM is turning the LS6 an engine used solely for the Covette into a whore cramming it on every car they could possible imagine. Since the Sports image of GM was fading fast (like they actually had one) they had this brilliant idea of making sports cars left and right thinking that this will help the company. But they were stupid enough not to work on a separate engine.

Yay let's grab a boring CTS and yank a corvette engine

Yes, this caddy does have an LS6 too.

Q: What happens when GM gets an australian car and puts an LS6 in it?
A: A Pontiac GTO

The problem I find with this idea is that the LS6 is no longer an engine used for the corvetter only. And this affects re-sale value of the vehicles. It's a proven fact just look at the Chevy Tahoe, Caddy Escalade and GMC Yukon. They depreciate at an alarmiong rate.

I'm sure GM will realize their mistake in about a year or two.... I just hope I'm wrong about this cause I am a corvette fan.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2004, 10:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
givin you the evil eye...

Nullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Nullpunkt Send a message via AIM to Nullpunkt Send a message via MSN to Nullpunkt Send a message via Yahoo to Nullpunkt

meh. never thought to highly of the 'Vette anyways.

perhaps it pertains to a bad experience..... but i always found the design not nearly as breathtaking as it should be.....
Old 10 Mar 2004, 10:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

I Only like the 69 Stingray. I gave one to my dad as a father's day gift when we were on the car aution business.
Old 10 Mar 2004, 11:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

It's almost like sticking a viper engine in a truck

But the new vette is ugly. I've loved them for years, but they finally fucked the styleing too much for my tastes.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2004, 11:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
I hate people

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDS
It's almost like sticking a viper engine in a truck
Thats a good idea exo

Besides there is a purpose on the RAM SRT-10. It's to beat the lightning.

And besides whoring out the LS6 doesn't help the corvette either.
Old 10 Mar 2004, 12:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

So that justifies it then? Instead of building a better truck, they stick their big engine in it and send it out on the street. That's pretty weak. You can't slam the pasing around of one car's engine and then justify it on another.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 10 Mar 2004, 12:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
I hate people

Well Ford started it

They did the very same thing with the lightning. Slammed a Mustang Cobra Engine on an F-150 Single cab.
Old 10 Mar 2004, 12:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

So if they're all guilty, why are you bashing on GM so hard? Doesn't it diminish the legacy of the mustang or the vipers image if both their engines are being put into trucks just for the sake of speed? It's no different.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 10 Mar 2004, 12:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
I hate people

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDS
So if they're all guilty, why are you bashing on GM so hard? Doesn't it diminish the legacy of the mustang or the vipers image if both their engines are being put into trucks just for the sake of speed? It's no different.
I ain't bashing the Vettes. What I don't like is that GM never did this and all of a sudden they are whoring the LS6. I wouldn't of minded if they would of installed an LS1 on those other cars but using an engine that was made solely for the vette at first I think it isn't a good idea.

It's like if Rolls Royce would start manufacturing vehicles using robots instead of the way they are charaterized. It isn't the same.
Old 10 Mar 2004, 01:16 PM   #10 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah I'm not a real fan of this car. It looks totally different now, they at least could have kept the pop up lights, it won't be the same without them. I guess they finally gave in and god rid of them, which I think sucks.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2004, 01:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Rolls Royce and BMW made airplane engines. Times change.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 10 Mar 2004, 01:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
I hate people

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDS
Rolls Royce and BMW made airplane engines. Times change.
And they still do.