ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Come here to talk about anything that is off-topic.

Icons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Mar 2004, 02:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Default Icons

Which people, real or fictional, do you think have made the biggest impression on society?

How did this person(s) change society? what makes them so important? why can they not be replaced?
Old 05 Mar 2004, 03:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Elvis- He put rock music in the forefront

Michael Jordan-Made NBA and basketball worldwide
Old 05 Mar 2004, 09:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Dev
KOBASHI KOBASHI KOBASHI!!

Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!

I would have to go with Jesus Christ. There are several religions based upon his "teachings" and to this day he still is a very powerful figure in the lives of millions of people.

Dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2004, 11:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
DISCO MACHINE~!

Aaron has a spectacular aura aboutAaron has a spectacular aura about

I'd have to put Martin Luther King very high up on the list. He made a major difference to attitudes towards, and equal rights for, black people in the West, and the effects of his actions are still very much visible today. I'm not black, but I have a lot of respect for what Martin Luther King did for the world. I couldn't imagine how the world would be today were it not for him.

For a different reason, I'd place Shakespeare on there somewhere. He never really did anything to change the face of the world as far as I know, but the entertainment his plays have provided over the centuries is undeniable. Hell, this probably sounds kinda fruity, but today I paid my £15 to go and see the play "Othello" in a few months. If you don't let yourself get bogged down by over-the-top studying of his works, you can really enjoy it. If you delve deeper into his plays, you can find a lot of issues which are still very relevant today, perhaps even more so than when they were originally written. And to consider that his plays are still being read, studied, watched and acted so many centuries after his death is amazing. I'd dare say Marlowe could have risen to Shakespeare's heights were it not for his suspicious death.
Old 05 Mar 2004, 01:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to pyXL

Gary Jules.

Seriously, now...ummm...Michael Collins possibly, but I don't know much about him, and mainly choosing him because of what you learn growing up in Ireland. Politically...Adolf Hitler, ovbiously not for a good reason.

Entertainmently (I made a word) it would have to be JRR Tolkien or George Lucas. Both gret storytellers in their own fields.

Musicly...Gary Jules...hehe....
Old 05 Mar 2004, 01:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Robert Oppenheimer - He was the director of the development of the first atomic bombs created in the Manhattan Project, which led to us bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote