ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Come here to talk about anything that is off-topic.

Equal Rights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Mar 2004, 02:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Default Equal Rights

Do you believe all people should be entitle to the same rights?
regardless of Skin color, religion, sexual preference etc?

be honest, most everyone has some reservations...
Old 05 Mar 2004, 02:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dev
KOBASHI KOBASHI KOBASHI!!

Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!

I will be totally honest, I have a bias against homosexuals, it is a knee jerk reaction I have. I have had a few gay friends in my past, once I get to know the person I have no problem with them what so ever, but when I see a "flamming" gay man I lose all respect for him. Wrong of me to feel that way?....Yes, Do I feel he deserves the same rights as me and the rest of the human race?...Yes, Does that mean we should section off a specific set of rights for Gays, Blacks, Whites, Hispanics.....etc?,... No, we are all human and that is the bottom line.

Dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2004, 03:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

Yes I believe it but Im also realistic to know that It will never happen. As long as someone can benifit from it it will continue

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2004, 03:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilchild
I will be totally honest, I have a bias against homosexuals, it is a knee jerk reaction I have. I have had a few gay friends in my past, once I get to know the person I have no problem with them what so ever, but when I see a "flamming" gay man I lose all respect for him. Wrong of me to feel that way?....Yes, Do I feel he deserves the same rights as me and the rest of the human race?...Yes, Does that mean we should section off a specific set of rights for Gays, Blacks, Whites, Hispanics.....etc?,... No, we are all human and that is the bottom line.
thanks for being honest...I was afraid everyone would just say "yeah everyone is equal blah blah"

I understand your point of view Dev, however most people just go with that disgust of homosexuals. Thats where it begins and ends with most. So to an extent arent special rights warranted? If there are a large number of people out there who would persecute and discriminate against someone just because of a lifestyle, or a skin color, or religion ( and these discriminations happen every day ) shouldnt there be some form of law to protect these rights?

Should tolerance be enforced? Can it be?
Old 05 Mar 2004, 03:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaneberg
Yes I believe it but Im also realistic to know that It will never happen. As long as someone can benifit from it it will continue
I too am realistic Shane, but I wont say NEVER, I believe that if we teach our children to be respectful to all people, eventually ( and yes it will take many years) things will get much better....not perfect mind you....but much much better.
Old 05 Mar 2004, 03:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

all people SHOULD have the same rights

but i feel uncomfortable around homosexuals. i know its their right to pick to be that way, but if i see to guys making out at the movie or something, it just freaks me out.

^i guess its kinda what dev said
Side Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2004, 03:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side Effect
all people SHOULD have the same rights

but i feel uncomfortable around homosexuals. i know its their right to pick to be that way, but if i see to guys making out at the movie or something, it just freaks me out.

^i guess its kinda what dev said
there have been numerous theories and studies to prove that homosexuality is not a decision, its something that is just part of who they are. Think about it, why would someone CHOOSE to be gay? It would make your life infinitely more difficult, leave you open to persecution....why would anyone make that decision?

based on the theory that it is something they cannot choose, much like skin color or gender, I would have to be in favor of equal rights. who am I to tell someone else what they can and cannot do?
Old 05 Mar 2004, 05:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
{~PWF's leading man~}

Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.

I think yeah everyone should have equal rights, but i must admit i don't believe in gay marriages or having a gay couple adopt a child, because that child could suffer greatly when he or she reaches school. I have no problem with gay people, other races or other religons, i just feel that marriage for a gay couple or adopting a child is kinda like a no, no, but if gay marriages do take place then i won't exactly die on the spot, i'll live with it and wouldn't really care. But i might have that feeling at the back of my mind that a child being adopted into a gay relationship could do some damage, you need a man and a woman to teach certain things to a child growing up and without that the child might growing not knowing most things about another sex or how to treat women right, or men right(depending), plus being bullied would almost be a certain guarantee.

*Sly pulls out machine gun and waits to be attacked*

<select name=which style="font-family: Tempus Sans ITC; font-size: 12pt; background-color: green; font-weight: ; color: orange">
<option>Tap out list</option>
<option>Sam</option>
<option>CDWC (x2)</option>
<option>Blu Angel</option>
<option>BOSTON (x5)</option>
<option>Dan Mavrick</option>
<option>Stephenc97</option>
<option>afficial (x4)</option>
<option>ShyneFactory</option>
<option>Camini</option>
<option>EminemPacPWF</option>
<option>2Gangsta (x2)</option>
<option>StarScream (x2)</option>
<option>Shooter</option>
</select>
Sly as hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2004, 06:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Orton
I too am realistic Shane, but I wont say NEVER, I believe that if we teach our children to be respectful to all people, eventually ( and yes it will take many years) things will get much better....not perfect mind you....but much much better.
I dont think it can happen for a long long time kurt.
If this statement from trav is accurate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelbond
There have been only 298 days of world peace in recorded history...
That is truelly the most heartbreaking statement I have ever read. Not even a whole year of world peace in recorded history. With that sort of figure there is no way in hell that we can hope to achieve any goal of tolerance and equal rights.
In the middle east you see on tv that arab children are indoctrinated from a young age to hate. This will not change anytime in the forseeable future.

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2004, 07:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

I'll be honest.

I feel the almost same way Devilchild feels about gays. Running around, putting a lisp in the word "cracker," having sex in public, and calling straights "Breeders" doesn't endear their cause to me.

I found out, after his death, that my Great Uncle was gay. We suspected it, but nothing was ever said. I wish he had come out of the closet, cause he acted like a person, not some damn walking stereotype.

What else?

*Sigh*

I honestly have damn near zero compassion for illegal aliens. Sorry, but I'm being honest. They crowd our schools, leech off of our welfare and force us to give them treatment in our hospitals. Ask any honest ER worker who causes the most problems for them in California.
They'll tell ya.

There are many exceptions to that... in my small circle of friends, there are quite a few Illegals from Mexico. But they are a different story. They are all flag waving patriots. They all speak perfect english, Pay for healthcare, would gladly pay taxes, and all hold steady jobs. They don't refuse to learn English, they don't run drugs.

Thats about it.

I was honest. I don't want shit for this.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2004, 07:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth

Kurt hit it on the head, what happens tomorrow lies in the hands of the children today, and how their parents teach them to act... and think... it starts with the parents... if you don't speak with your child about thinks affecting this world... they will not know what to expect when confronted with a situation, and will simply act off instinct... parents need to teach their children about how the world use to be, and what it should be. By that I mean, no racist remarks... equal privileges... for everyone, not just white people... I can't stand when I have to hear something about a college allowing people to racially profile the students... as far as getting into the college goes, that is such a load of bullshit, and is not right.

I do think all humans should have equal rights, but I'm also a believer on the fact of, if you're known as an American, live in America, have a job in America, you should also speak english, it doesn't really get on my nerves, but it does kind of annoy me when I see asian people speaking in their language rather than the American language, enlish. For one, they could be insulting you... and you have no idea... it's one thing if they're discaplining their children, but another thing if they're just casually have a conversation in Chinese... that gets kind of annoying.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2004, 08:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
Dev
KOBASHI KOBASHI KOBASHI!!

Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Orton
thanks for being honest...I was afraid everyone would just say "yeah everyone is equal blah blah"

I understand your point of view Dev, however most people just go with that disgust of homosexuals. Thats where it begins and ends with most. So to an extent arent special rights warranted? If there are a large number of people out there who would persecute and discriminate against someone just because of a lifestyle, or a skin color, or religion ( and these discriminations happen every day ) shouldnt there be some form of law to protect these rights?

Should tolerance be enforced? Can it be?
Should tolerance be enforced? Yes to an extent, hate crimes are punishable and should be well enforced, but you cannot force tolerance upon someone, take a look at the middle east for a prime example.

The more you segragate a portion of the population with special rights and protection the more you create a rift in the group as a whole, and that will never acheive any form of "unity".

Dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2004, 08:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...

I honestly believe that everyone deserves egual rights. And I honestly believe that everyone deserves equal respect. But also being honest, I do feel some discomfort around the issue of homosexuality. The very idea of it does make me feel uncofortable. And can I say that I may someday treat someone differently because of it? No, I can't. Sometimes people say and/or do things without thinking. But I can say that if I saw that I had done something to treat another person unfairly because of their differences, that I will be man enough to apologize.

Everyone here has at one time or another treated someone unfairly because of skin color, religious belief, sexual orientation. And everyone here has been treated differently because of it. That will always happen so long as we teach our children to be ignorant of others. I have a slight problem with homosexuality, and I've been mistreated because of my skin color but I try not to let it reflect how I live my live and how I treat others. And it is my responsibilty to teach my children that everyone is deserving of their respect and love, no matter who they are. If I can do that, I can say that I did all I could to erase the hate and distrust that rule our lives.