ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Come here to talk about anything that is off-topic.

Gas Prices Keep Soaring

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Mar 2004, 03:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof
Angry Gas Prices Keep Soaring

Gasoline Prices Near Record Levels

The Daily Auto Insider
Wednesday, March 3, 2004
March 2004

The national average price of unleaded gasoline rose to $1.72 for a gallon, up nearly three cents from a week before, and just shy of the record $1.75 per gallon recorded last August and moving toward record levels, The Wall Street Journal reported, citing higher crude-oil prices, strong demand and reduced refinery capacity because of converting production to summer-month blends and routine maintenance.

Some regions are already facing or are nearing those record high prices. The Energy Information Administration reported the average price of a gallon of unleaded regular was $2.11 in California and $1.83 in New York.

The WSJ also reported that gasoline-market observers say gas prices are likely to continue to rise through May. "We certainly have the potential for [a national average of] $1.90 to $2 a gallon prices in the late spring, early summer period, assuming oil prices stay where they are," says George J. Gaspar, an oil analyst with investment firm Robert W. Baird & Co. in Milwaukee.
Yikes this is getting really bad.

Your thoughts.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2004, 03:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

You know I was going to make a thread about the gas prices. There fuckin rediculus. I don't really know how much a gallon is to a liter, so its hard for me to compare prices from Canada to the U.S. But some gas stations over here had their gas at 83 cents today, and its only going to go up the closer the weekend comes. The cheapest it went down this week was 74 cents. And that was for like a day and a half.
Old 03 Mar 2004, 03:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

It's starting to rise where I am too, there's this gas station around my area and everyday that I drove passed it, the price kept on rising .2 cents a day, in 2 weeks it went from $1.90 to $2.10 and thats in two weeks. I don't know why it's rising, I thought the price only rises in winter and drops in the summer
SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2004, 03:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Igloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Igloo

The station that I usually go to has their gas on for 66.5 cents/L.

Last edited by Igloo; 03 Mar 2004 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Cheap gas = Ownage
Igloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2004, 03:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Jesus Christ thats $2.52 canadaian. Thats probably about $2.25 american.
Old 03 Mar 2004, 03:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

well, since the beginning of December, our gas prices have gone up from $1.19 a gallon to $1.74 a gallon.....it's getting ridiculous.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.

Last edited by Oeo; 03 Mar 2004 at 03:40 PM. Reason: California cheese.....pfft.....give me Provolone!....
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2004, 03:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
I hate people

But whats going on. The reasons sound stupid IMO
Old 03 Mar 2004, 03:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, gas prices around here fluctuate so much, one day they'll be 0.65/L then the next day they'll be up at 0.80/L.

I remember back in the day when gas would dip into the 0.50/L range, but those days were over a long time ago.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2004, 03:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Igloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Igloo

Nowadays it's uncommon to see something less than $0.70/L
Igloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2004, 03:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by error402
Yeah, gas prices around here fluctuate so much, one day they'll be 0.65/L then the next day they'll be up at 0.80/L.

I remember back in the day when gas would dip into the 0.50/L range, but those days were over a long time ago.
You know whats fucked though? This morning my dad got gas in Mississauga and gas was at 66 cents. He comes home from work and its 83 here in Kitchener.
Old 03 Mar 2004, 04:22 PM   #11 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah I've seen gas stations no more than 100 meters apart with huge differences in prices.

Last week I while I was stopped at an intersection on one side I saw a gas station with 0.75/L and the one right across was 0.65/L.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2004, 04:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
I hate people

This is greed guy nothing else. The oil industry is sucking the life out of consumers and we can't do shit cause we need this no matter what.
Old 03 Mar 2004, 04:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Dev
KOBASHI KOBASHI KOBASHI!!

Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!

The damn gas prices around here jump 20 cents on every weekend, the current price is $1.84 per gallon. It pisses me off to no end, but I have to have a car to get me to and from work, and until I can afford an alternative they have me by the proverbial short hairs.

Dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2004, 05:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

$2.25 per gallon for REGULAR!!

Where is that goddamn Iraqui oil I ordered?
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2004, 06:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
I hate people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelbond
Where is that goddamn Iraqui oil I ordered?
Hallibuton called and said it was on back order