ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Come here to talk about anything that is off-topic.

PWF and Elitism

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Feb 2004, 09:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dev
KOBASHI KOBASHI KOBASHI!!

Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!
Default PWF and Elitism

Now I have noticed a growing number of insults, jabs, criticisms and the like directed at alot of members lately, and while that is all well and good I do believe it is starting to look like a form of elitism. I just read a few jabs thrown at BA666 and now I see he wants to be deleted do to an apparent feeling of being unwelcome. Now what purpose does the insulting serve? Now BA666's posts may not have been "Iliadesque" is length or may not have been percieved as great quality, but it is indeed a valid post.

My point, even the one sentence posts have there place, and yes there is even a need for them, not everyone is a gifted linguist or poetic in thought or type but they do have the right to post.

Sorry for the rant, just needed to vent I guess.

Dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Feb 2004, 09:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Igloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Igloo

I agree with you. A lot of the threads here lately only require a one sentence answer. It's that posters choice whether or not they want to elaborate on the question or not. The posters here shouldn't condemn eachother for a short post if it is valid and pertains to the topic at hand.

Let people post as they please. I, for one, know that I'm not going to type out paragraphs for each of my posts and I don't think everyone else will either.
Igloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Feb 2004, 09:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
givin you the evil eye...

Nullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Nullpunkt Send a message via AIM to Nullpunkt Send a message via MSN to Nullpunkt Send a message via Yahoo to Nullpunkt

...does anyone else find it funny that any of the posts in this thread so far are longer than one line?

But seriously, there's quite the difference between Elitism, as you put it, and trying to cap the "idiot influx" as my friend Trev would say........

Regardless, you two are entitled to your own opinions, and I respect you greatly for speaking your minds. Both of you are extremely valued posters here, and deserve to be heard.

And you can take this as whatever you want, but i feel that this board would be infinitely stronger if the two of you (Dev and Igloo), along with oeo, carried some legit (as in title and responsibility-wise) weight around here...... sadly though, I hold no pull around here.........
Old 29 Feb 2004, 10:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

What did I miss here, why is BA666 leaving? I don't care about one sentence answers if you can get your point across. And If I wanted a long answer I would post in MOTS or MOTM so..............

BTW who are the elitist on this board?

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Feb 2004, 10:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Well guys... I guess this is partially directed at me. I've contributed to the deaths of many a poster. HIGHLIGHT, Page... I hated both... but the way I see it, if you aren't going to actually respond to a thread, don't post. If you're here to raise you're post count alone... then I could give a shit...

We have quality posters who have left us, Kurt, Bloodice... and few quality people coming in. It frustrates me to no end. I really do my best to post well, I fuck up, I've said my share of dumb shit... but I try. And I just want to see others do the same.

This has to be said.

Take this thread for example. There is someone there who is shamelessly posting for the sake of posting. I don't like to see that. I hear people complain about long sigs. I think thats very little to worry about in comparison to stupid posts, that take up WAY more space than anyones sig...

But I really dont think I'm an eletist, You all would be surprised to know how out of the loop I really am here... yes... even an nWo founder... left uninformed...

^That means nothing... I was shocked when MOTM was merged!!!

I wasn't told... but thats old news... that I don't want to dredge up... I'm just saying that I don't mean shit here... and alone... I mean nothing.

EDIT - Oh yeah.... what Mo said about you 2, Totally true, keep up the good stuff.

Last edited by Trevelbond; 29 Feb 2004 at 10:04 PM.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Feb 2004, 10:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Extreme.

Darkstar Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...

hopefully BA666 won't leave because its just a forum were you go to have fun. like my posts suck a lot..but it doesn't bother me..also a lot of people have only been posting one sentence per thread..
Darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Feb 2004, 10:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Dev

Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!

I do totally agree with putting a cap on the "idiot influx", but you also have to take into consideration that this is a cross section or a microcosm of the world and I don't see how people like Sin and BA here recently can be pushed around as idiots just cause in some peoples eyes their posta are inferior. I will agree it can be abit aggravating to see someone post and not really give alot of insight to the subject but then again they don't have to give a thesis on something to give their opinion.

Old 29 Feb 2004, 10:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilchild
I do totally agree with putting a cap on the "idiot influx", but you also have to take into consideration that this is a cross section or a microcosm of the world and I don't see how people like Sin and BA here recently can be pushed around as idiots just cause in some peoples eyes their posta are inferior. I will agree it can be abit aggravating to see someone post and not really give alot of insight to the subject but then again they don't have to give a thesis on something to give their opinion.
Yeah bro... I see what you mean... if they express an opinion thats good and all...

But If its a line of fluff... then I get bothered.... when I was out killin' HIGHLIGHT... the prime example of this stuff... someone said "Haven't you heard of a man of few words before"

I said, "Yes, but a man of few words expresses something in those few words."

Thats what I'm talking about...

Quote:
It sounds like a good idea, maybe it would work or maybe not, just see what happens
This expresses nothing. This is Flotsam. This is like responding to a thread about cars with "I don't know anything about cars, so I can't say."

So why post?
Old 29 Feb 2004, 10:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

so that's why Highlight Was Kicked out of here. I remember that thread well. and after looking at it, It makes me pissed off at myself for Being like that but still, i'm trying a lot harder at being a better poster, so i don't end up like highlight.

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Feb 2004, 10:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Dev

Yeah but the thread asked "What do you think of this idea?" and that was answered and then followed by BA's opinion on the matter. And as for Highlight, that was a clear case of post whoring, that is alot different from one post in a thread.

And a sidenote Trev, don't think I am targeting you or anyone else, hell even I have done it, just felt the need to express my concern.

Old 29 Feb 2004, 10:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuyasha
so that's why Highlight Was Kicked out of here. I remember that thread well. and after looking at it, It makes me pissed off at myself for Being like that but still, i'm trying a lot harder at being a better poster, so i don't end up like highlight.
See... this is a team player... you aren't quitting... you're trying to be better...

I'm proud of you, son, I respect that.
Old 29 Feb 2004, 10:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

thanks. becuase i know i can actually Post things worth talking about if i really put Work into it. and i like talking here. Whether The Environment is either positive on a Day, or negative on another, It's still a Great place tos spend some time. and i Really can't say That About any other message boards, because i haven't stuck around any as long as this one.

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Feb 2004, 11:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Well, I know I've done my fair share of bashing because I think someone repeatedly has shit posts, but I don't do it because I want someone to type up an essay or a thesis or their life story. I just want people to give a few extra sentences that might spur conversation. I mean, this is a message board and we do discuss things, so when someone posts something that just increases their post count and is uninteresting, it bothers me. I like to read most everyone's posts here, but when someone just post garbage every single post, and never anything worth reading, then that gets annoying. I know I'm not the greatest poster and I don't want to be that, but if I'm viewed as an 'elitist' then that's fine with me
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2004, 05:51 AM   #14 (permalink)
{~PWF's leading man~}

Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.

BA666 is gone? Damn, guess we've lost another good poster, hes a good guy and hope he eventually comes back or doesn't leave at all.

<select name=which style="font-family: Tempus Sans ITC; font-size: 12pt; background-color: green; font-weight: ; color: orange">
<option>Tap out list</option>
<option>Sam</option>
<option>CDWC (x2)</option>
<option>Blu Angel</option>
<option>BOSTON (x5)</option>
<option>Dan Mavrick</option>
<option>Stephenc97</option>
<option>afficial (x4)</option>
<option>ShyneFactory</option>
<option>Camini</option>
<option>EminemPacPWF</option>
<option>2Gangsta (x2)</option>
<option>StarScream (x2)</option>
<option>Shooter</option>
</select>
Sly as hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2004, 07:32 AM   #15 (permalink)
****** By *************s Again

Hardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of Famer

i type one or two word posts alot. but its usually when weve turned a thread in to a conversation, and its not on topic. And im answering someones question or something. And one thing i havte are peoplr going into graphics and posting good job in every single thread just to raise there post count.