ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Come here to talk about anything that is off-topic.

The cost of higher learning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Feb 2004, 02:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dev
KOBASHI KOBASHI KOBASHI!!

Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!
Default The cost of higher learning

Quote:
(credit BBC news)

Student sells virginity on web

Rosie says she will sell her virginity to the highest bidder
A university student is planning to pay for her degree course by selling her virginity on the internet.
Rosie Reid, 18, from London, decided to auction her virginity on the auction site eBay in order to avoid graduating with huge debts.
Now folks, this is either an enterprising young girl thinking of her future or she is sinking to the lowest point in a capitalist society.

I myself see this as akin to prostitution and I see no redeeming value in her actions what so ever. Millions of students make their way through paying for school, granted, her not wanting to sustain the debt shows forthought but to sell your virginity to do so. That crosses my moral line.

Your thoughts?

posterizationalism.....NOW!

Dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Feb 2004, 02:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
DISCO MACHINE~!

Aaron has a spectacular aura aboutAaron has a spectacular aura about

I heard Tony Blair gave her the money in the end...not sure how true that is though. This is all because of the stupid "top-up fees" our government has introduced. I'm planning on going to Uni in a few months, but I have no idea how I'm gonna afford it. Anyone want my virginity?
Old 29 Feb 2004, 02:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Igloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Igloo

What's the bidding at now?

She should know that everyone who enters college/university is going to come out with a debt at the end. She should look into getting a part tiem job instead.
Igloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Feb 2004, 02:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

^Yeah but partime work alone won't be enough to settle the cost of your education....espcially with the way tuition rates are nowadays....WAAAAY too high..
Old 29 Feb 2004, 02:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dev
KOBASHI KOBASHI KOBASHI!!

Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!

Link to the story

Dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Feb 2004, 02:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Igloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Igloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wanderer
^Yeah but partime work alone won't be enough to settle the cost of your education....espcially with the way tuition rates are nowadays....WAAAAY too high..
But she could still pay for part of it and pay the rest of the loan with money she earns with the job she gets after university.

Tuition isn't getting any lower.
Igloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Feb 2004, 02:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to pyXL

I don't come from the richest background, and I personally don't think I'll go to University. My sister didn't, and she's got a very well paid job, a good car and a fanstastic house...but if I suddenly feel like going...

Anyone want to take the virginity of a fourteen-year-old boy who is up for almost anything?