ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

more unions ftw

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Jan 2009, 02:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC
Default more unions ftw

Quote:
Reporting from Washington -- On a day when the nation's gross domestic product suffered its worst slide in three decades, President Obama ordered the creation of a task force on the middle class and signed executive orders aimed at strengthening labor unions.

"This isn't just an economic concept," Obama said of the 3.8% decline in the GDP in the last quarter of 2008. "This is a continuing disaster for America's families."

"The recession is deepening, and the urgency of our economic crisis is growing," Obama said in an address in the East Room of the White House, part of a series of addresses on the economy this week. "Every day it seems there is another round of layoffs, and another round of families' lives turned upside down."

In signing orders aimed at protecting access to federal contracts for companies with labor unions and informing workers of their rights to organize, the president said, "I also believe that we have to reverse some of the policies" toward organized labor.

"I don't see organized labor as part of the problem," Obama said. "To me, it's part of the solution."

Citing record unemployment claims as well as the overall economic decline, he said, "This is a difficult moment. But I believe ... if we act swiftly ... it can be an American moment."

Obama, describing what is happening in the nation's economy as "the American dream in reverse," also used this stage as a forum for promoting the $800-billion-plus economic stimulus plan that the House approved in the measure's first vote this week. The Senate, expected to expand on the plan, will vote next.

"They need us to pass the American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan," Obama said, promising that it will create jobs "for years to come," rebuild crumbling roads, renovate schools, double the nation's capacity for alternative energy generation and "bring healthcare into the 21st century.

"I'm pleased that the House has acted. ... I'm hoping we can strengthen it further in the Senate," Obama said. "What we can't do is drag our feet."

The president, in creating a "White House Task Force on Middle Class Working Families" with several Cabinet members included, has assigned Vice President Joe Biden to lead it. "He has never forgotten his roots as a working class kid from Scranton," the president said with Biden by his side.

"When I talk about the middle class, I am talking about folks who are currently in the middle class, but also folks who are aspiring to be in the middle class," the president said. "You cannot have a strong middle class without a strong labor union."

One of the executive orders prevents federal contract dollars from going to companies that try to prevent the formation of unions. Another requires workers to be advised of their rights to organize.

Biden, introduced by Obama today as "the pride of Delaware," said the administration is sending "a very, very clear signal to everybody who goes to work in this country every day."

In a White House that promotes its every step on the Internet, the administration has started a new website -- www.AStrongMiddleClass.gov -- that will keep track of the task force's work.

The administration has assigned it these goals: "Expanding education and lifelong training opportunities, improving work and family balance, restoring labor standards, including workplace safety, helping to protect middle-class and working-family incomes, protecting retirement security."

Members will include the secretaries of Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Commerce, as well as the directors of the National Economic Council, the Office of Management and Budget and the Domestic Policy Council and the chair of the Council of Economic Advisors.

The White House says it will hold its first meeting Feb. 27 in Philadelphia, focusing on "Green Jobs: A Pathway to a Strong Middle Class."
Because Unions aren't powerful enough The unions are more powerful than the companies they work for. Unions are so big, they destroy the companies they work for, then turn around, and the government bends over and let's the unions fuck them for a while. The unions are going to run everything. You won't even have a say at all, anymore, on anything. You're going to be part of a union that is going to make your decisions for you and it's going to tell the government what it wants. And that's it. It's going to destroy our entire country. There will never be enough money to pay for this kind of shit. EVER. They're going to print money to try to take care of this crazyness and our money is going to be worth nothing. I hope everyone understands the economy of the world is dependent on the US dollar. And there's nothing you can do about it.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jan 2009, 03:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

There was a time and place where Unions were not only a good idea, but were necessary to get people out of horrid working conditions. Today however they are organizations with way too much power, who completely rape the companies their members work for.

I've said many times before, I'm an Obama supporter. That's no secret here, but I do not support this.
Old 30 Jan 2009, 04:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Unions are just as bad as politicians today or worse. Fat, lazy, rich bastards sitting in offices much more posh than the facilities inhabited by their "constituency," far removed from any sort of scrutiny or need...seeking only to line their pockets and those of the people who have used illegal means and ill gotten gains to secure said fatasses their "Elected" positions of power.

Break them all down. That's what we have the Labor Board for.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote