ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

I'll be sending my town mayor an e-mail.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Oct 2008, 08:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear
Default I'll be sending my town mayor an e-mail.

I was wondering if the people here at PWF could do a proofread?

Quote:
Mrs. Mayor.

I am baffled at your and the city counsel's decision to fire Dan Bishop. This is a man who bravely took over a position during a time where our city was in turmoil. This man took this position, and performed admirably, bringing business to this city, and effectively setting us on a path to a much better future than the one we were heading towards.

I watched the counsel meeting on this issue, and I would like you to answer a few questions I have. You talked about having good reasons for this firing. I'd like to know what these reasons were. I'd like to know how this decision helps us in the long run. I'd like to know how this decision is a greater good. I seemed to hear a lot of that, but no reasons WHY it's all those things. Many counsel members mentioned how he'll do a fantastic job wherever he goes. If you're confident on how he'll do a great job wherever he goes, then why not keep him here? Wouldn't it be for our greater good to have someone who you say can do a fantastic job in the position Dan held? I just don't see the logic here. I heard Mr. Chapin talk about how sometimes a businessman has to let someone go. Well one thing I do know is that when someone lets someone go, they retain their best. Mr. Bishop has done a great job. Much better in my honest opinion than many people in our city government.

If this is the path we're going to be heading in. If this is the type of administration you're going to run, well then I just don't have any confidence in you as a mayor, and even less confidence in our city counsel. If we continue to have decisions like this, than Mrs. Muckler, you kindly do not have my vote, nor does the majority of the city counsel.

Sincerely,
Michael Pickett
As a little backstory, Dan Bishop is our city administrator. He took over the job in 2006, when this town was a complete mess, and got us back on our feet. He helped bring in business to this town, and put us on a much better path for the future.

However, our mayor along with city counsel decided that for some reason he's not the man for us, and has voted to remove him from office. Why? Pfft. Was never said during the counsel meeting. Just a lot of talk about the greater good. It was like a fucking scene from Hot Fuzz. It was a shady deal. Nobody in town knows about it. My friend's dad who's on city counsel and is good friends with this man called for an investigation during the meeting. This is a man that the town loves, yet for some reason he's going to be unemployed come tomorrow.

Last edited by Spear; 27 Oct 2008 at 08:51 PM.
Spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2008, 01:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

I admire your intrest in local government.... In addition to the mayor i would send your letter to your local newspaper and/or tv station... Often times they air editorials. If this man is as loved as you say then perhaps you can get the situation noticed.... Maybe something can be done
CK is offline   Reply With Quote