ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

My political diatribe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Oct 2008, 03:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dev
KOBASHI KOBASHI KOBASHI!!

Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!
Default My political diatribe

I am from Generation X, the generation that was labeled as rebellious, throwback, anti-establishment, but in my eyes we were/are one of the most apathetic (keep in mind I am not labeling everyone as many of us simply raised above that), do nothing generations to come along. We were not rebellious, we were simply lazy. It is that ethos that have rolled on to the next generations, snowballing, if you will, its way down a slippery slope with a destination of social and economic failure. And those that sit in many governmental positions applaud this as apathy and fear are great characteristics in mindless sheep that will keep them in office.

It is time we as American citizens stood up and take pride in our country, take control of our country, work with and amongst each other, take a say in our present, our future, our legacy as Americans. I for one will no longer stand silent as I have done, allowing those with no interest but their own profit margin to steer our country into a course where our jobs, homes, businesses, children, elderly and infirmed are considered acceptable casualties.

We need to rise up as the nation of free and brave that we are and bring back the luster to a now badly tarnished America.

We need to vote, we need to take an active interest in our political well being, our economy, our educational systems, our health care. We need to take control.

It is in our rights and abilities to do so, lets not watch our country slowly fall apart around us.

Dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2008, 04:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

2 questions, if you will indulge me for a minute.

What do you see as the problem in our political well being, our economy, our educational systems, our health care?

What do you propose as solutions to our political well being, our economy, our educational systems, our health care?

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Oct 2008, 12:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Dev
KOBASHI KOBASHI KOBASHI!!

Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
2 questions, if you will indulge me for a minute.

What do you see as the problem in our political well being, our economy, our educational systems, our health care?

What do you propose as solutions to our political well being, our economy, our educational systems, our health care?

No prob Exo, my ideas are always free to be questioned.

Problems:

Political- We have taken a passive role in our current government, we have been far too happy with a well, it is their job to decide mentality. We have grown lazy and complacent. For our political system to work for us we have to work for it.

Education:

Education needs to be split it two, college seeking and trade seeking. Not every kid will be a college attendee, and the world would grind to a halt without the labor that makes up our back bone. And yet again, we have grown complacent and let schools become oversized daycares not institutions of education. Parents need to step up and be responsible for their children in the home and then carry over their interest into the childs school activities. Responsibility, it needs to be more than an ideal, it needs to be an action.

Economy:

Yeah, it is in the shiter at the moment. We to hold people responsible for their actions. If you over spent your means and lost your home, well then you did, now dust yourself off, take a second job and get your life back, this time don't be stupid. Your bank lent money hand over fist to people that you knew to be a high risk of non-repayment, well, you should have thought about that before attempting to cash in on something that looked to good to be true, and no, we are not gonna bail you out, we are going to take control of your assets, sell them off to pay what debt you have accumulated and put the profit into programs for the workers. You need to go back to business school and learn the simple laws of finance. Your employee will be on unemployment, but in order to collect benefits they must seek new or enroll in training course in order to make a speedy return to the work force with minimal loss to their finances and the taxpayer finances.

I could go on, but that gives ya the jist of it.

Dev is offline   Reply With Quote