ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

My Hat's off to Obama

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Apr 2008, 03:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Dark Master

Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Default My Hat's off to Obama

Obama is finally seperating himself from Wright, and that a great step for Obama IMO.

Quote:
"I have been a member of Trinity Church since 1992. I have known Rev. Wright for almost 20 years," he said at a news conference in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. "The person I saw yesterday is not the person I met 20 years ago."

Obama said he is outraged by Wright's remarks that seemed to suggest the U.S. government might be responsible for the spread of AIDS in the black community, and his equation of some American wartime efforts with terrorism.

"What particularly angered me was his suggestion somehow that my previous denunciation of his remarks were somehow political posturing," said Obama, who added that Wright had shown "little regard for me" and seemed more concerned with "taking center stage."

Obama said Wright's comments were not only "divisive and destructive," but they also "end up giving comfort to those who prey on hate."
For more on this story, click this link. http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/04/...ght/index.html

I was a fan of Obama for a while, he comes off a genuine person with a few ideas that maybe beneficial to our country. However, when I listened to some of his promises and have seen him disrespect our country in subtle ways, I begain to have my doubts about him. When Wirght's comments became available to the public (in full context) I turn my back on Obama, because of the radicle comments of his respected long time pastor.

Today, I understand that Obama is now fully rejecting Wright, even though I know that this has put a mark against Obama already. But at least for himself, he shows he can make the right decision.

I will keep looking closer at his campaign, because I do vote for the person, & not the party.

Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote