ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

The Texas Child Abductions
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Apr 2008, 02:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Dark Master
 
Yoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Dagobah
Posts: 596
Rep Power: 149
Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Angry The Texas Child Abductions

I’m sure by now everyone has heard of the Texas Polygamists church in Texas, and how 416 children have been abducted by the state on bogus charges of some made up phone call by some made up girl who made false allegations of sexual abuse.

This terrifies me. What is going on with our government? Are we living in Stalinist Russia, or Nazi Germany? Since when does the government have the right to take our children away based on false precepts? There is no evidence of sexual abuse. It has already been proven that no child under the age of 15 has had any sexual contact… so why are they being ripped apart? Because of their religion? That what the prosecutors are saying on behalf of the CPS, that their religion is being used to be the example of why they have the right to abduct the children from their mothers!?!?!

We have a freedom of religion in this country, it’s a constitutional law. These people are practicing polygamy, which is against the law, but is not a violent crime, nor are they using their tradition for higher tax returns. All polygamy is, as I see it, is having a commitment with multiple partners. Is commitment to you the ones you love a crime? Or, would it be preferred that these people just had multiple sex partners w/o commitment… like the majority population in Dallas?
__________________
I RECANT!!! Vote 'no one' for OT Mod 2008!

Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2008, 03:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 16,845
Rep Power: 5826
Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
...Or, would it be preferred that these people just had multiple sex partners w/o commitment… like the majority population in Dallas?
LMAO

They're still under 18, and if they're being raised, or bred actually, for more wives or whatever, then yeah, I got no problem in breaking apart that cult. It's illegal, and should be. The fed should bring it down in Utah, but they just ignore it.

You could make the argument that they're not hurting anyone and it's what they want to do and stuff. But then you gotta run to the next level and be like "Why are the feds going to bust up that Texas Cow farm all they were doing was banging a bunch of heifers, they weren't hurting anyone." It's just too damaging to any civilized society and we have these laws in place to try and keep the country from devolving into a Roman orgy. At least they didn't burn themselves up, drink the kool aid or castrate themselves waiting for a comet this time.

You can't just let people have these sorts of practices and live outside of the society, even if they claim it's part of their religion. I believe people have been found not guilty of murdering their own wife because their religion gave them permission and who are we to judge because they have freedom of religion? In the end, I don't really know all the warrants or evidence or whatever and haven't been following too closely, but I can understand about the gov jumping into things and how that's dangerous. But to be honest, that shit never slowed Janet Reno down...
__________________

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!



Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2008, 04:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
The Dark Master
 
Yoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Dagobah
Posts: 596
Rep Power: 149
Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
LMAO

They're still under 18, and if they're being raised, or bred actually, for more wives or whatever, then yeah, I got no problem in breaking apart that cult. It's illegal, and should be. The fed should bring it down in Utah, but they just ignore it.

You could make the argument that they're not hurting anyone and it's what they want to do and stuff. But then you gotta run to the next level and be like "Why are the feds going to bust up that Texas Cow farm all they were doing was banging a bunch of heifers, they weren't hurting anyone." It's just too damaging to any civilized society and we have these laws in place to try and keep the country from devolving into a Roman orgy. At least they didn't burn themselves up, drink the kool aid or castrate themselves waiting for a comet this time.

You can't just let people have these sorts of practices and live outside of the society, even if they claim it's part of their religion. I believe people have been found not guilty of murdering their own wife because their religion gave them permission and who are we to judge because they have freedom of religion? In the end, I don't really know all the warrants or evidence or whatever and haven't been following too closely, but I can understand about the gov jumping into things and how that's dangerous. But to be honest, that shit never slowed Janet Reno down...
I understand your argument, but that's not what I was truly referring to. I disagree with their religion, it's wrong... but why abduct the children because of their faith? The children were safe & well taken care of. Just because they were raised with different traditional beliefs, does not give our government a right to take their children.

Should we take the Amish children out of their homes because they live completely different from the rest of society?

The argument I have is based on being a parent. The government has no right to come into your home for whatever they deam and take your children period. Now if there was actual evidence that the children were being physically harmed by sexual pedifiles, starvation, or bodily damaging violence, I could accept that... I may even accept if the child was being completely neglected to the point of causing severe health issues.

If you believe that a group of people whom you call a cult, who practice raising and living in a family environment on a grand scale is a good cause to take away their children, then you are helping in setting up a very dangerous world to come.

I believe in my Christ as my Lord and Savior, and I have & I do plan on raising my daughter to grow up in the same tradition & practice. If she were to be taken from me because someone deemed that Christianty is damaging to my child... prepare for war. And may God help those who try to take my child away for that reason... AND may God forgive me for what I know I would do.
__________________
I RECANT!!! Vote 'no one' for OT Mod 2008!

Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2008, 08:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 16,845
Rep Power: 5826
Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC
Default

Quote:
I understand your argument, but that's not what I was truly referring to. I disagree with their religion, it's wrong... but why abduct the children because of their faith? The children were safe & well taken care of. Just because they were raised with different traditional beliefs, does not give our government a right to take their children.
Well, I think the problem starts with finding out if they were raised with different beliefs so that they can become mothers at 13. There appears to be enough evidence to proceed so far. Being raised with the belief that you are going to be married off to some old man when you are still a child and then going to have sex with him is not something we permit in this country, no matter what your "religion" raises you as. It's more like having your own personal sex slave breeding ground. Are you sure that's the kind of freedom we need to protect?

Quote:
Should we take the Amish children out of their homes because they live completely different from the rest of society?
Hardly. As far as I've known, the Amish community has always been open and honest with everyone that is interested in them and they have little to hide.

Quote:
The argument I have is based on being a parent. The government has no right to come into your home for whatever they deam and take your children period. Now if there was actual evidence that the children were being physically harmed by sexual pedifiles, starvation, or bodily damaging violence, I could accept that... I may even accept if the child was being completely neglected to the point of causing severe health issues.
Those are all very good reasons for the feds to step in. I believe that's what the investigation is about. I would also add psychological damage.

Quote:
If you believe that a group of people whom you call a cult, who practice raising and living in a family environment on a grand scale is a good cause to take away their children, then you are helping in setting up a very dangerous world to come.
Raising your own wives is certainly family living on a grand scale. And yes, I do not think that fringe groups of society should be free to set up their own laws and remove themselves from the rest of the country in order to preserve their own bizarre ideologies. I also do not believe that they should be permitted to breed their own wives or have sex with underage children, or anything else that they've been accused of doing. I don't know what the outcome will be, and perhaps they were all happily knitting sweaters or something. But, since a judge has ruled it legal, I'm going to have to wait and see. But you have to remember, these people are not exactly being helpful in clearing their names. Many of them are refusing DNA testing so the state can even determine who's child is who's versus who's married to who's kid. It's a madhouse. It's dangerous. I would bring down any one of those crazy madrases as well.

Quote:
I believe in my Christ as my Lord and Savior, and I have & I do plan on raising my daughter to grow up in the same tradition & practice. If she were to be taken from me because someone deemed that Christianty is damaging to my child... prepare for war. And may God help those who try to take my child away for that reason... AND may God forgive me for what I know I would do.
Well, that war does seem to be brewing. But I think in order to preserve religious freedoms, we should be pro-active about not letting people hide behind them when they're breaking laws.
__________________

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!



Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2008, 09:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Give it To Me..
 
The_One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Charlottesville Va.
Posts: 14,488
Rep Power: 2567
The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One
Default

The adults involved in that shit should be taken out behind their collective barns and shot.
__________________
The_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Apr 2008, 01:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Dark Master
 
Yoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Dagobah
Posts: 596
Rep Power: 149
Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
Well, I think the problem starts with finding out if they were raised with different beliefs so that they can become mothers at 13. There appears to be enough evidence to proceed so far. Being raised with the belief that you are going to be married off to some old man when you are still a child and then going to have sex with him is not something we permit in this country, no matter what your "religion" raises you as. It's more like having your own personal sex slave breeding ground. Are you sure that's the kind of freedom we need to protect?



Hardly. As far as I've known, the Amish community has always been open and honest with everyone that is interested in them and they have little to hide.



Those are all very good reasons for the feds to step in. I believe that's what the investigation is about. I would also add psychological damage.



Raising your own wives is certainly family living on a grand scale. And yes, I do not think that fringe groups of society should be free to set up their own laws and remove themselves from the rest of the country in order to preserve their own bizarre ideologies. I also do not believe that they should be permitted to breed their own wives or have sex with underage children, or anything else that they've been accused of doing. I don't know what the outcome will be, and perhaps they were all happily knitting sweaters or something. But, since a judge has ruled it legal, I'm going to have to wait and see. But you have to remember, these people are not exactly being helpful in clearing their names. Many of them are refusing DNA testing so the state can even determine who's child is who's versus who's married to who's kid. It's a madhouse. It's dangerous. I would bring down any one of those crazy madrases as well.



Well, that war does seem to be brewing. But I think in order to preserve religious freedoms, we should be pro-active about not letting people hide behind them when they're breaking laws.
I haven't heard about the 13 year olds. From what I understand, the youngest of the wives was 15. (still to young, but excepted in many cultures around the world for child bearing age)

There were bogus charges and alligations made by some supposed 16 year old that has never been found who supposedly made the phone call. They have no proof that an old man was having sex with the 15/16 year olds. And, the man accused of doing so, was not even on the ranch at the supposed time the sex abuse was supposed to have taken place. (say's his aliby)

Again, I don't agree with there religion.

Breeding to raise new wives? Sorry, but isn't that how we all are? When we make little babies, do they not grow up to have lives of their own? Do we not raise our children to be good wives or husbands for when they become adults? When they grow up and become wives or husbands and have sons & daughters of their own, don't we want them to be good parents & spouses?

They (this "cult") wan't to make their own culture, many cultures practice staying with-in their own communities. I just hope that incest is not an issue where fathers are have children with their daughters, or mother's with their sons. The same goes for brothers & sisters, and also first cousins.
__________________
I RECANT!!! Vote 'no one' for OT Mod 2008!

Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Apr 2008, 04:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 16,845
Rep Power: 5826
Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC
Default

Quote:
I haven't heard about the 13 year olds. From what I understand, the youngest of the wives was 15. (still to young, but excepted in many cultures around the world for child bearing age)
Well, if they wanted to migrate to some other society and have sex with 15 year old girls, I guess that'd still be wrong.

Quote:
There were bogus charges and alligations made by some supposed 16 year old that has never been found who supposedly made the phone call. They have no proof that an old man was having sex with the 15/16 year olds. And, the man accused of doing so, was not even on the ranch at the supposed time the sex abuse was supposed to have taken place. (say's his aliby)

Again, I don't agree with there religion.
The investigation is ongoing. I'm not sure how these conclusions can be made

Quote:
Breeding to raise new wives? Sorry, but isn't that how we all are? When we make little babies, do they not grow up to have lives of their own? Do we not raise our children to be good wives or husbands for when they become adults? When they grow up and become wives or husbands and have sons & daughters of their own, don't we want them to be good parents & spouses?
This sounds very poetic, however it's not what "they" were doing, so it doesn't really apply. Especially to kids, unless you're planning on arranging a marriage with your teenage daughter and the neighbor in exchange for their next born. I somehow doubt it. These people were a self segregated community living secret lives that this country prohibits. You can't just try to conjure up this grand nobel cause that they were trying to accomplish.

Quote:
They (this "cult") wan't to make their own culture, many cultures practice staying with-in their own communities. I just hope that incest is not an issue where fathers are have children with their daughters, or mother's with their sons. The same goes for brothers & sisters, and also first cousins.
Well, this is what they're investigating. Sexual abuse, incest, statutory rape and all that stuff. That's why the men are refusing to cooperate with DNA testing. They don't want the gov to find out how many kids they've slept with. This cult's prophet is Warren Jeffs. Wiki page Dude is not exactly setting the best examples.
__________________

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!



Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Apr 2008, 05:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
The Dark Master
 
Yoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Dagobah
Posts: 596
Rep Power: 149
Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
Well, if they wanted to migrate to some other society and have sex with 15 year old girls, I guess that'd still be wrong.



The investigation is ongoing. I'm not sure how these conclusions can be made



This sounds very poetic, however it's not what "they" were doing, so it doesn't really apply. Especially to kids, unless you're planning on arranging a marriage with your teenage daughter and the neighbor in exchange for their next born. I somehow doubt it. These people were a self segregated community living secret lives that this country prohibits. You can't just try to conjure up this grand nobel cause that they were trying to accomplish.



Well, this is what they're investigating. Sexual abuse, incest, statutory rape and all that stuff. That's why the men are refusing to cooperate with DNA testing. They don't want the gov to find out how many kids they've slept with. This cult's prophet is Warren Jeffs. Wiki page Dude is not exactly setting the best examples.

The investigation is ongoing, however, the mystery caller has already been proven to be a hoax. the supposed 16 year old girl was identified as a 33 year old lady who has made these prank calls before. (she should go to prison for this)

The men should be under the investigations, there is already proof of no physical evidence that the children have been harmed in any way, they also cannot prove that any under age girl has been pregnated before the age of 18.

Here's the thing... the men are under the investigation, not the women. Do you know why they took the children? It's not because what the cult was doing, it's because as the CPS has stated, "it was unsafe for the children in their opinion, because the law enforcement showed up with tanks, assult rifles, and much ammunition". The cult was unnarmed, they had no weaponry, CPS called for the law to assist them in their investigation then they took the children to protect the children from the law?!?!?!

This doesn ot make any since! Period.

Our government, is completely out of control with this and it's being spear headed by the CPS. In this case, the CPS are acting under false assumptions. It's bullshit, plain and simple, and it's very damaging to these children. The children should be returned to their mothers NOW. Keep the fathers under investigations if they want, get the children back home to their moms.
__________________
I RECANT!!! Vote 'no one' for OT Mod 2008!

Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Apr 2008, 08:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 16,845
Rep Power: 5826
Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
The investigation is ongoing, however, the mystery caller has already been proven to be a hoax. the supposed 16 year old girl was identified as a 33 year old lady who has made these prank calls before. (she should go to prison for this)
For what? Regardless of what she said, whenever the cops showed up, they decided there was sufficient evidence to move forward and it's been upheld in court. She lied and blew a whistle. If it saves hundreds of children from being abused, more power to her.

Quote:
The men should be under the investigations, there is already proof of no physical evidence that the children have been harmed in any way, they also cannot prove that any under age girl has been pregnated before the age of 18.
They will, since they're comparing the dna right now. So they will be able to determine everybody's lineage. I believe children under the age of 5 were returned to their mothers, provided the mothers were over 18. But I would need to verify again.

Quote:
Here's the thing... the men are under the investigation, not the women. Do you know why they took the children? It's not because what the cult was doing, it's because as the CPS has stated, "it was unsafe for the children in their opinion, because the law enforcement showed up with tanks, assult rifles, and much ammunition". The cult was unnarmed, they had no weaponry, CPS called for the law to assist them in their investigation then they took the children to protect the children from the law?!?!?!

This doesn ot make any since! Period.
Get this, they just took another 25 kids away because they found out the mothers lied about their age and said they were over 18. Turns out, they aren't. I don't know what the ages of those kids are, but I know they're under 5. Even if they're 2 or 3, you can do the math. And factor in another 9 months pregnancy. These people are wrong, and the mothers are just as guilty for allowing this situation to exist. Even if they're brainwashed. Hopefully it's not too late for the kids.

Quote:
Our government, is completely out of control with this and it's being spear headed by the CPS. In this case, the CPS are acting under false assumptions. It's bullshit, plain and simple, and it's very damaging to these children. The children should be returned to their mothers NOW. Keep the fathers under investigations if they want, get the children back home to their moms.
lol, and what their mothers were allowing to happen isn't damaging? BTW, the mothers are all under investigation and are being held in their church, or whatever it is. These people are sick and are the ones out of control.
__________________

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!



Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2008, 01:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
The Dark Master
 
Yoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Dagobah
Posts: 596
Rep Power: 149
Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Default

We both are getting mixed stories.

Are you saying that every teenage girl who get's pregnant should have their child taken away by the state?

If the mother's are lying about their age (from your talking points) I still couldn't blame them for that, their children were ripped away from them and they want them back. Also, who cares if they were 15 or 16 when they had babies, that does not give the right to the state to take the children.

Exo, nothing at all against you, you have my respect. I have this question for you though; are you a parent?

If yes, then how would you feel if your child was taken from you for false alligations, and drummed up, bogus charges?

If no, you could never understand their emotion until after you have a child of your own.

I am a father, my daughter was abducted. It was the worse emotions I had ever suffered, it was very painful & I thank God I was able to make it thru the pain. My daughter was abducted by her mother, I did not see her for almost 9 months before the law mandated my rights to be with my child. I had no idea at the time were my child was. Before the abduction, I was told by my in-laws that they were moving over sees, and I thought for a time that that's were they took my child.
__________________
I RECANT!!! Vote 'no one' for OT Mod 2008!


Last edited by Yoda; 25 Apr 2008 at 02:25 PM.
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2008, 08:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 16,845
Rep Power: 5826
Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
We both are getting mixed stories.

Are you saying that every teenage girl who get's pregnant should have their child taken away by the state?
Is that what I said? I'm pretty sure it isn't. So I'm not really sure why you're making that assumption. I'm talking about specifics in this case, not some hypothetical argument.

Quote:
If the mother's are lying about their age (from your talking points) I still couldn't blame them for that, their children were ripped away from them and they want them back. Also, who cares if they were 15 or 16 when they had babies, that does not give the right to the state to take the children.
They are lying about their age. You're insane to throw out the who cares if they were having kids at 15 statement. That's exactly the problem with this cult and what they're doing to these girls. That gives the state every right to break it apart. This cult has multiple underage wives having kids of their own. We have laws in this country that prohibit that. We have a society that has determined that behaviour to be criminal.

Quote:
Exo, nothing at all against you, you have my respect. I have this question for you though; are you a parent?
no.

Quote:
If yes, then how would you feel if your child was taken from you for false alligations, and drummed up, bogus charges?
These aren't bogus charges. You're trying to kill the messenger. This is a real situation and a real investigation with real kids being raised in a highly dangerous environment. How would these kids feel if they went running to a person of authority and told them what was happening and the police just walked off because they're just crazy kids?

Quote:
If no, you could never understand their emotion until after you have a child of your own.
Well, I never claimed that. I'm also not part of a deviated cult. I'm not black, I'm not gay, I'm a woman, and yet, I still feel qualified to form my opinion on topics and how they relate to other people. Just because I'm not a parent doesn't mean I don't have opinions on what's an ethical and legal situation regarding these cultists.

Quote:
I am a father, my daughter was abducted. It was the worse emotions I had ever suffered, it was very painful & I thank God I was able to make it thru the pain. My daughter was abducted by her mother, I did not see her for almost 9 months before the law mandated my rights to be with my child. I had no idea at the time were my child was. Before the abduction, I was told by my in-laws that they were moving over sees, and I thought for a time that that's were they took my child.
I'm very sorry to hear that. I'm glad you were able to use the legal system to have your rights resolved. I however don't agree that because it's painful to have your child taken away that the state shouldn't do it when they need to. In Texas, with this cult, they are doing the right thing and whether that's upsetting to these parents, is irrelevant based on the lifestyle and situation they were raising these kids in. It was illegal and it's dangerous. And thank god it's getting taken apart. These people were having sex with little girls and trying to hide behind their religion. It's wrong, it's illegal. We are not talking about some group of hippies that just wanted sit in the woods and paint their faces. I'm sorry, but just because it hurts their feelings, doesn't mean they have a right to subject their children to this. Ever. With a little more luck, most of these, well, it's not really even right to even refer to them as parents, but I'll do it anyone, they should be punished and locked up for these crimes.

And no hard feelings btw
__________________

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!



Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2008, 02:38 AM   #12 (permalink)
The Dark Master
 
Yoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Dagobah
Posts: 596
Rep Power: 149
Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
Is that what I said? I'm pretty sure it isn't. So I'm not really sure why you're making that assumption. I'm talking about specifics in this case, not some hypothetical argument.



They are lying about their age. You're insane to throw out the who cares if they were having kids at 15 statement. That's exactly the problem with this cult and what they're doing to these girls. That gives the state every right to break it apart. This cult has multiple underage wives having kids of their own. We have laws in this country that prohibit that. We have a society that has determined that behaviour to be criminal.



no.



These aren't bogus charges. You're trying to kill the messenger. This is a real situation and a real investigation with real kids being raised in a highly dangerous environment. How would these kids feel if they went running to a person of authority and told them what was happening and the police just walked off because they're just crazy kids?



Well, I never claimed that. I'm also not part of a deviated cult. I'm not black, I'm not gay, I'm a woman, and yet, I still feel qualified to form my opinion on topics and how they relate to other people. Just because I'm not a parent doesn't mean I don't have opinions on what's an ethical and legal situation regarding these cultists.



I'm very sorry to hear that. I'm glad you were able to use the legal system to have your rights resolved. I however don't agree that because it's painful to have your child taken away that the state shouldn't do it when they need to. In Texas, with this cult, they are doing the right thing and whether that's upsetting to these parents, is irrelevant based on the lifestyle and situation they were raising these kids in. It was illegal and it's dangerous. And thank god it's getting taken apart. These people were having sex with little girls and trying to hide behind their religion. It's wrong, it's illegal. We are not talking about some group of hippies that just wanted sit in the woods and paint their faces. I'm sorry, but just because it hurts their feelings, doesn't mean they have a right to subject their children to this. Ever. With a little more luck, most of these, well, it's not really even right to even refer to them as parents, but I'll do it anyone, they should be punished and locked up for these crimes.

And no hard feelings btw
There are no hard feelings... but I thought you were a guy?

Words on a puter are hard to get the exact emotion of the person you're debaiting with, I'm calm, & I'm glad we're having this debate... it's good to wieght out the difference in opinion.

I'm not tuned into FOX news, so I imagine this is were you maybe getting some of your talking points from... Or you maybe listening to Nancy Grace?

I am getting my info from Talk radio and listening to the lawyers who are defending this case. (they are pro-bono too)

I have not seen anything dangerous in this, I've only heard that these were the alligations. Also, I have not heard of any conclusive evidence that young girls were having sex, but I have heard the alligations.

Besides, if the young woman have parented their children wilfully, even if the women are they themselves victomes of pedifilia, then why take the child from their mothers? The children were not in any danger, not until the state came with tanks and assult weapons.

Seperate the men from the women... yes, with this I would agree. But I refuse to accept that taking the children from the mothers at gun point was the best choice of action.
__________________
I RECANT!!! Vote 'no one' for OT Mod 2008!

Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2008, 01:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators
 
BOSTON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: AZ
Posts: 10,294
Rep Power: 0
BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda
I’m sure by now everyone has heard of the Texas Polygamists church in Texas, and how 416 children have been abducted by the state on bogus charges of some made up phone call by some made up girl who made false allegations of sexual abuse.

This terrifies me. What is going on with our government? Are we living in Stalinist Russia, or Nazi Germany? Since when does the government have the right to take our children away based on false precepts? There is no evidence of sexual abuse. It has already been proven that no child under the age of 15 has had any sexual contact… so why are they being ripped apart? Because of their religion? That what the prosecutors are saying on behalf of the CPS, that their religion is being used to be the example of why they have the right to abduct the children from their mothers!?!?!

We have a freedom of religion in this country, it’s a constitutional law. These people are practicing polygamy, which is against the law, but is not a violent crime, nor are they using their tradition for higher tax returns. All polygamy is, as I see it, is having a commitment with multiple partners. Is commitment to you the ones you love a crime? Or, would it be preferred that these people just had multiple sex partners w/o commitment… like the majority population in Dallas?
I think this is an example of our govenment calling it right down the middle....Just like they are cracking down on illegal immigrants they are cracking down on illegal polygamy also.

Did you know that they found girls 11-13 years old that are already pregnant? By men in their mid to late 40's.

Not to mention after constantly recycling the same females over the years eventually there must have been some inbreeding going on.

Do I think those kids should be taken away from their mothers?

Hell yeah they should be. I just watched a Dateline NBC special in which this one woman talked about how her 16 year old sister was getting beaten and raped in the next room by her dads friend while her mother stood around and did nothing.

All of those women did nothing that's why they needed our govenment to step in and do something about it. I think they need to make a trip up to Warren Jeffs' compound up in Colorodo City and do the same shit. Then move on to states like Wyoming, Utah, Idaho and Montana and break up those cults too.

Last edited by BOSTON; 28 Apr 2008 at 12:03 PM.
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2008, 03:19 PM   #14 (permalink)
The Dark Master
 
Yoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Dagobah
Posts: 596
Rep Power: 149
Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Yoda , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Default

I concede to my argument, until this trial is over, there are to many contradictory stories to get this information straight. At first I thought the media was being CYA with their story, in order to make a story for ratings. But perhaps taking the children from the environment they were in, in this case is acceptable. (for now)
__________________
I RECANT!!! Vote 'no one' for OT Mod 2008!

Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How can you foget your child in a car? trowa Meeting Of The Minds 6 06 Sep 2007 01:56 PM
Ali Sabbah is a child molester Rebel Off-Topic 17 27 Jul 2006 06:35 PM
Vauge memories as a child Max Cannon Archives 10 06 Mar 2003 10:15 AM
Child abuse Devilchild Archives 5 11 Jan 2003 08:57 PM
What Is Your Inner Child? Twisted Angel Archives 12 12 Dec 2002 01:59 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 AM.

Attribution:
Powered by Yahoo Answers



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.