ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

Rupert Continues to take over all media

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Feb 2008, 05:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.
Default Rupert Continues to take over all media

Quote:
By MICHAEL LIEDTKE, AP Business Writer
1 hour, 10 minutes ago

SAN FRANCISCO - Yahoo Inc. is discussing a possible partnership with News Corp. in its latest effort to repel Microsoft Corp. or prod its unsolicited suitor into raising its current takeover bid, according to a person familiar with the talks.

ADVERTISEMENT

The specifics of the joint venture still hadn't been worked out, said the person who didn't want to be identified because of the sensitivity of the matter.

Both The Wall Street Journal and a prominent blog, TechCrunch, reported that News Corp. is interested in folding its popular online social network, MySpace.com, and other Internet assets into Yahoo — an idea that first came up last year. News Corp. owns The Wall Street Journal.

News Corp. and a private equity firm also would buy significant stakes in Yahoo in a complex deal designed to boost the Sunnyvale-based company's market value above Microsoft's initial bid of $44.6 billion, or $31 per share.

A Yahoo spokesman said the company continues to "carefully and thoroughly" evaluate alternatives that will enrich its long-term shareholders.

News Corp. spokeswoman Teri Everett declined to comment.

Although News Corp. Chairman Rupert Murdoch made it clear in a conference call last week that his New York-based company had no interest in an outright acquisition of Yahoo, he didn't rule out the possibility of a deal involving MySpace.

Yahoo rejected Microsoft's offer Monday, insisting that its Internet franchise is worth more money. Microsoft has held firm on its bid so far, dubbing it "full and fair" while threatening to launch a hostile takeover attempt.

Besides talking with News Corp., Yahoo has explored an advertising partnership with its biggest rival, Internet search leader Google Inc.

Although Google probably could help elevate Yahoo's recently drooping profits, the alliance would likely face antitrust hurdles because the two companies operate the Web's two biggest ad networks and eliminating one would reduce competition.

If Yahoo is able to work out a deal with News Corp., analysts believe Microsoft will simply raise its offer because it needs the acquisition to counteract Google's dominance of the online ad market — a battleground that is rapidly reshaping the technology and media industries.

"Buying Yahoo makes tremendous sense for Microsoft, more sense than any other company in the world," said Ken Marlin, a New York investment banker specializing in media and technology deals.
Yes, finally now Yahoo can now have Fox News type journalism too. I'd much rather have right wing opinion then real news anyway.
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Feb 2008, 06:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

Unlike CNN and MSNBC who ride the Dems nuts?
Old 13 Feb 2008, 06:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dade
Unlike CNN and MSNBC who ride the Dems nuts?
The fact that any media outlet rides any partys nuts is the biggest problem.
Old 13 Feb 2008, 09:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Then why is it that you've only ever in your life spoken ill of Fox News??

Hmmmm??

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Feb 2008, 11:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Because Faux Noise is the lamest excuse for a news station...

Ever.
Old 14 Feb 2008, 12:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

^What happened to you? You used to be cool. You used to be smart. Where did you get brainwashed. WTF happened man? It's killing me. You're The One. You were the motherfucking ONE. You were supposed to be the greatest ever. It was all for you. I did everything I could for you. I put you in charge of all wrestling forums because I believed in you. And you were like 14. When I became admin, the first thing I did was make you super. I respected you. I wanted you to take over KPWF. I wanted you on there because you were so fucking schooled in wrestling and you were smart and had a good head about things. You were objective. Goddamnit One. Why are you doing this to me? What can I do to help. I'm here for you man. You're like my brother. I feel like Obi Wan and you're turning your back on me. WHY? WTF did I do to you? Tell me. Tell me what to do to make this right. Please One, I don't want to chop your arm and legs off. YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BRING IT ALL TOGETHER!. I CAN'T STAND TO SEE THIS SHIT ANYMORE.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Feb 2008, 01:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
^What happened to you? You used to be cool. You used to be smart. Where did you get brainwashed. WTF happened man? It's killing me. You're The One. You were the motherfucking ONE. You were supposed to be the greatest ever. It was all for you. I did everything I could for you. I put you in charge of all wrestling forums because I believed in you. And you were like 14. When I became admin, the first thing I did was make you super. I respected you. I wanted you to take over KPWF. I wanted you on there because you were so fucking schooled in wrestling and you were smart and had a good head about things. You were objective. Goddamnit One. Why are you doing this to me? What can I do to help. I'm here for you man. You're like my brother. I feel like Obi Wan and you're turning your back on me. WHY? WTF did I do to you? Tell me. Tell me what to do to make this right. Please One, I don't want to chop your arm and legs off. YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BRING IT ALL TOGETHER!. I CAN'T STAND TO SEE THIS SHIT ANYMORE.
ron paul lobotomizes his supporters. It's true,
Old 14 Feb 2008, 02:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dade View Post
ron paul lobotomizes his supporters. It's true,
Hey man, you know what, this is fucking important to me so stfu.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 14 Feb 2008, 05:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
Then why is it that you've only ever in your life spoken ill of Fox News??

Hmmmm??

Late.
CNN, Headline News, MSNBC and CNBC are also corporate controlled media outlets too....don't get me wrong I just dislike my friends over at the Fake News more than others.
Old 14 Feb 2008, 06:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post

I'm the same guy. Just not a huge fan of Bill O Reilly..Sean Hannity...And that fucktard Gibson who made of fun John Stewart for getting emotional after 9/11. As far as wrestling goes..I don't think I've all of a sudden lost 50 wrestling IQ points or anything..I just don't like John Cena. You remember that huge post I made defending Cena a year ago..I still have the positive rep you gave me for it...But you also know I've been an John Cena is God!!!!John Cena is God!!!!John Cena is God!!!!John Cena is God!!!!John Cena is God!!!! mark for the longest time too..(Remember the whole John Cena is God!!!!John Cena is God!!!!John Cena is God!!!!John Cena is God!!!!John Cena is God!!!!/Hogan bet I made for Summerslam..Lol.) So the John Cena is God!!!!John Cena is God!!!!John Cena is God!!!!John Cena is God!!!!John Cena is God!!!! mark overrides the objectiveness...At least right now. But I still respect you and Truth, and DC, and everyone else in it just as much as I did before.

See..There's an example..I try to make a serious one on one post..And instead it all gets cut out with John Cena is God..God damn dude.
Old 14 Feb 2008, 06:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo
So the kid doesn't have the same political povs as you, Elmer and a few others so what. He's the same person as a few years back he's now just starting to wake up and see things for what they are. It doesn't take Ron Paul, Alex Jones or a couple or youtube videos to see the mainstream media is all bullshit. I am proud of the One, no pun indended but other than me he is the only One that choses not to bow down to the truly brainwashed PWF elite and they know who they are, too bad more posters who feel the way we do politically don't stand up for what they believe in but unfortunately they don't out of fear of not obtaining and/or losing mod spots or getting banned all together.

Last edited by BOSTON; 14 Feb 2008 at 06:27 PM.
Old 14 Feb 2008, 06:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_One View Post
I'm the same guy. Just not a huge fan of Bill O Reilly..Sean Hannity...And that fucktard Gibson who made of fun John Stewart for getting emotional after 9/11. As far as wrestling goes..I don't think I've all of a sudden lost 50 wrestling IQ points or anything..I just don't like John Cena. You remember that huge post I made defending Cena a year ago..I still have the positive rep you gave me for it...But you also know I've been an John Cena is God!!!!John Cena is God!!!!John Cena is God!!!!John Cena is God!!!!John Cena is God!!!! mark for the longest time too..(Remember the whole John Cena is God!!!!John Cena is God!!!!John Cena is God!!!!John Cena is God!!!!John Cena is God!!!!/Hogan bet I made for Summerslam..Lol.) So the John Cena is God!!!!John Cena is God!!!!John Cena is God!!!!John Cena is God!!!!John Cena is God!!!! mark overrides the objectiveness...At least right now. But I still respect you and Truth, and DC, and everyone else in it just as much as I did before.

See..There's an example..I try to make a serious one on one post..And instead it all gets cut out with John Cena is God..God damn dude.
It's not just that. It's like, you're way too cynical and pissed off about stuff. Even football. You always keep trying to say things first just so you can say "I told you so." You're just different. I thought you were going off to college and shit. I thought you were excited. It's like you're all grown up and you want to show everyone how pissed off and badass you can be. It sucks man. You're losing it. The One has to find his smile again. Aren't you graduating soon? You got your whole life ahead of you. Don't be like this man. I can't take it. It's depressing me.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 14 Feb 2008, 06:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Bastard View Post
So the kid doesn't have the same political povs as you, Elmer and a few others so what. He's the same person as a few years back he's now just starting to wake up and see things for what they are. It doesn't take Ron Paul, Alex Jones or a couple or youtube videos to see the mainstream media is all bullshit. I am proud of the One, no pun indended but other than me he is the only One that choses not to bow down to the truly brainwashed PWF elite and they know who they are, too bad more posters who feel the way we do politically don't stand up for what they believe in but unfortunately they don't out of fear of not obtaining and/or losing mod spots or getting banned all together.
Fuck off you stupid asshole. This is between me and the one and we are going to talk about things without you fagging it up.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 14 Feb 2008, 06:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

I'll admit that I have become more cynical over the past year or so. I don't really know what it is..I hope I don't try to come off like anything I'm not..I never really felt like I regained my spot here after you made me the SM ( which I lost) like you did. And to be really honest..Not getting in the HOF the first 3 years didn't help either. I know they're just online forum things and shouldn't matter..But thats just the way I took it. I also feel like maybe you've lost respect for me because of some of my political views..Like how I haven't been invited on KPWF in the past two shows..I don't know if thats a direct correlation or maybe I read into it too much.

Last edited by The_One; 14 Feb 2008 at 06:38 PM.
The_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Feb 2008, 06:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo
Fuck off you stupid asshole. This is between me and the one and we are going to talk about things without you fagging it up.
We should get Glue, One and myself on the next KPWF and talk about it there. Stop taking things so personally it's sounds like you are the one losing his smile not One.