ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

Iowa Results

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Jan 2008, 12:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond
Default Iowa Results

Obama and Huckabee win, leading me to believe that this will be the silliest named election season ever.

Poor Fred Thompson. I wanted him to win so badly.

Discuss.

-Trevelbond-
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jan 2008, 12:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Orphaned.

SodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of Famer

I was an Obama supporter long before he even announced he was running, so you can imagine I'm pretty excited.

I stood proudly for him at my caucus precinct, but he came in third there... Edwards coming in first with around 55 supporters was no shock, he spent a lot of time in rural Iowa and had been in my small town twice. Hillary came in second with 29 people, she attempted to visit us a few weeks ago, but didn't make it due to fog. Obama had 24 people, he also didn't make it to my town (his wife made a stop though) but I had the pleasure of attending one of his rallies in Des Moines. Richardson came in fourth here with around 20 supporters. No other candidates were viable.

Luckily things went better for Obama in the rest of the state. And I am downright giddy about Hillary's third place finish, she was just too overconfident.

As far as republicans, Huckabee winning was expected, he's just so damn likable and has the Christian following. For those reasons, we didn't really want him to win, as we fear he will have a better chance than someone like Romney.

Last edited by SodaGirl; 04 Jan 2008 at 01:00 AM.
SodaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jan 2008, 02:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Together We Can!

_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SodaGirl
I was an Obama supporter long before he even announced he was running, so you can imagine I'm pretty excited.

I stood proudly for him at my caucus precinct, but he came in third there... Edwards coming in first with around 55 supporters was no shock, he spent a lot of time in rural Iowa and had been in my small town twice. Hillary came in second with 29 people, she attempted to visit us a few weeks ago, but didn't make it due to fog. Obama had 24 people, he also didn't make it to my town (his wife made a stop though) but I had the pleasure of attending one of his rallies in Des Moines. Richardson came in fourth here with around 20 supporters. No other candidates were viable.

Luckily things went better for Obama in the rest of the state. And I am downright giddy about Hillary's third place finish, she was just too overconfident.

As far as republicans, Huckabee winning was expected, he's just so damn likable and has the Christian following. For those reasons, we didn't really want him to win, as we fear he will have a better chance than someone like Romney.
Around here in Wiscansin a lot of people are big for Ron Paul. As much as I listen to him though I'm not to sure, as far as someone who stood out to me and opened my eyes as far as Politics its Obama, so I'm pretty sure he has my vote as of right now, but hey anything can change, I'm not tied down to a side, I look for the best.

The War
You support pulling out, I say USE A CONDOM!!!!
_Fox_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jan 2008, 07:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

Obama is the one that's stood out....I dunno why, but I like the guy.
I just haven't bothered to research him too much, I have faith that America will never elect a man with such a foreign sounding name...

but Hawaii loves him...

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jan 2008, 03:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Huckabee is that evangelical Christian republican that liberals always rant about. He might hurt us in the general election.

He would destroy Hillary. He can't win against Obama.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jan 2008, 04:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Orphaned.

SodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of Famer

I'm hoping Obama can beat him; I'm confident he is the only one who has a chance.

Anyone from New Hampshire? Looks like Hillary has a double-digit lead over Obama right now, and Romney and McCain have been fighting for first on the republican side... I'm curious what kind of impact our caucus will have, I guess we'll see on Tuesday.
SodaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote