ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

Iraqi death toll down by half...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Oct 2007, 09:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default Iraqi death toll down by half...

Quote:
Iraqi deaths fall by 50 percent
By STEVEN R. HURST
Associated Press Writer
2 minutes ago

BAGHDAD - The number of American troops and Iraqi civilians killed in the war fell in September to levels not seen in more than a year. The U.S. military said the lower count was at least partly a result of new strategies and 30,000 additional U.S. forces deployed this year.

Although it is difficult to draw conclusions from a single month's tally, the figures could suggest U.S.-led forces are making headway against extremist factions and disrupting their ability to strike back.

The U.S. military toll for September was 64, the lowest since July 2006, according to figures compiled by The Associated Press from death announcements by the American command and Pentagon.

More dramatic, however, was the decline in Iraqi civilian, police and military deaths. The figure was 988 in September 50 percent lower than the previous month and the lowest tally since June 2006, when 847 Iraqis died.
Well how about that. I guess the surge worked. I guess Petraeus was dead on in his analysis on The Hill a couple of weeks ago.

And I fucking LOVE how the articles Yahoo posts on it's main page usually are nothing but manifestos of hatred for George Bush...so when this comes down they have to work in

"...it's difficult to draw conclusions from a single month tally but it could suggest that US led forces are making headway..."

In all honesty, this is one of the first times in over a year I've clicked on a non sports news post on Yahoo's front page. They should really change their domain to www.commieswhohaterepublicans.com.

Anyway, discuss the success of the troop surge.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2007, 09:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
likes 30 Rock.

GDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters
Send a message via MSN to GDAWG Send a message via Yahoo to GDAWG

So we're only unnecissarily killing half the people we were before?
GDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2007, 09:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

Goddammit

War is hell.
American kids are pussies.

God Bless America.

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2007, 10:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
likes 30 Rock.

GDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality CheCK
Goddammit

War is hell.
American kids are pussies.

God Bless America.
I'll be honest, I am. If the draft comes back and i'm called, look for me in Canada.

I just don't see why THAT would make me a pussy. I like it when we're not in a war. I am a pacifist, it's how we roll.
Old 01 Oct 2007, 10:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

I don't imagine there's too many people who "like" being at war.

Seriously...you didn't grow a brain while you were lurking?

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 01 Oct 2007, 10:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDAWG
I'll be honest, I am. If the draft comes back and i'm called, look for me in Canada.

I just don't see why THAT would make me a pussy. I like it when we're not in a war. I am a pacifist, it's how we roll.
because of the "unnecassarily" comment

No one likes war.
We wouldn't be there if it wasn't necessary.

Its unfortunate that people are dying.....but its unfortunate part of war

Old 01 Oct 2007, 10:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
likes 30 Rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
I don't imagine there's too many people who "like" being at war.

Seriously...you didn't grow a brain while you were lurking?

Late.
Yes, I don't imagine many people like it, that's not what I am saying. I just don't see why this particular war was necessary. I can understand WWII or anything before that, but why did we go to Iraq? We were told WMDs, we found none.

You know what I do when I go to Wal-Mart and they don't have what i'm looking for, I go home.
Old 01 Oct 2007, 10:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

Quote:
Yes, I don't imagine many people like it, that's not what I am saying. I just don't see why this particular war was necessary. I can understand WWII or anything before that, but why did we go to Iraq? We were told WMDs, we found none.

You know what I do when I go to Wal-Mart and they don't have what i'm looking for, I go home.
-we go home
-IRan moves in
-more people die
-Iran controls the region
-badness ensues

Old 01 Oct 2007, 10:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
likes 30 Rock.

Quote:
-we go home
-IRan moves in
-more people die
-Iran controls the region
-badness ensues
That is probably true, but I just don't think we should've went there. Now that we're there, we're pretty fucked either way. Stay and get a bunch of Americans killed, leave and lose the country. It is the definition of a catch 22, and since nothing about that is going to change any time soon, we might as well just let the inevitable happen. Even if we're still there in 40 years, Iran will still be there to take it away once we leave. It's not gonna improve, so we might as well just let the shit go where it may. Unless of course we invade Iran soon and take out Ahmadinejad, but that would probably make the problem bigger in the long run, because for every 1 moron there, there's 10 more that want to do the same thing.

I would have just liked to have avoided the whole situation from the beginning.
Old 01 Oct 2007, 10:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

you don't like the deaths now....but you want us to leave because you think that'll be better?

Old 01 Oct 2007, 10:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
likes 30 Rock.

Quote:
you don't like the deaths now....but you want us to leave because you think that'll be better?

Yes. I think we're fucked either way, people are gonna die either way, so we might as well not waste resources there.

I'm positive all that money could've been used for something nice over here.
Old 01 Oct 2007, 10:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
You're statement that you like it when we're not at war implies that those who don't agree with you do. That's so clear that a 12 year old can see it. And you meant it that way. If you didn't mean it, you wouldn't have said it. Own it...don't fucking run away from your own opinion.

But you don't see why this war was necessary. Riiiiight, right...I mean...we found just about everything you could need to build chemical weapons...but just no chemical weapons that were already assembled.

Seriously...for the first six months that was all over the news..."Coalition Forces found possible components to biological and chemical weapons, but nothing complete."

So the war wasn't necessary because they hadn't finished building the Weapons Of Mass Destruction yet??

Give me a fucking break with that shit.

You don't see why this war is necessary...bitch you can't see shit. The fuck on out of here with your weak ass bullshit.

Late.

Last edited by The Glue; 01 Oct 2007 at 10:41 PM.
Old 01 Oct 2007, 10:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
likes 30 Rock.

Quote:
Riiiiight, right...I mean...we found just about everything you could need to build chemical weapons...but just no chemical weapons that were already assembled.

Seriously...for the first six months that was all over the news..."Coalition Forces found possible components to biological and chemical weapons, but nothing complete."

So the war wasn't necessary because they hadn't finished building the Weapons Of Mass Destruction yet??

Give me a fucking break with that shit.

You don't see why this war is necessary...bitch you can't see shit. The fuck on out of here with your weak ass bullshit.

Late.
Wow. Why don't we just call this forum "Meeting Of The Conservatives"

Just sayin, every other forum is named for what it is.

And what the hell do I care if Iraq has chemical weapons, we have the most nukes in the world.
Old 01 Oct 2007, 10:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
Yes. I think we're fucked either way, people are gonna die either way, so we might as well not waste resources there.

I'm positive all that money could've been used for something nice over here.
You're such an ignorant tool. If you actually even half way believe what you just typed, then you're a complete and utter moron.

Late.

Old 01 Oct 2007, 10:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
likes 30 Rock.

Quote:
You're such an ignorant tool. If you actually even half way believe what you just typed, then you're a complete and utter moron.

Late.
MotM has resorted to name calling now? If I knew this forum was basically a politcal WZ, i'd have never posted. I thought this was the place for political conversation, I voice my opinion and you and Kurt just blast it. What is the point of this forum if everyone has to agree with you two or get blasted. I don't care if you think i'm wrong, that's fine, but what you just said isn't even discussion, it's just 4th grade name calling.

Sorry I bugged you by disagreeing.