ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

Speed of Light possibly broken.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Aug 2007, 06:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear
Default Speed of Light possibly broken.

Quote:
Scientists break the speed of light
By ANDREW LEVY - More by this author

Last updated at 22:43pm on 15th August 2007

Comments

It was supposed to be the one speed limit you cannot break.

But scientists claim to have demonstrated there is the possibility of travel faster than the speed of light.

The feat contradicts one of the key tenets of Einstein's special theory of relativity - that nothing, under any circumstances, can move faster than 186,000 miles per second, or the speed of light.

Scroll down for more...

Speed of light beaten: One of the key tenets of Einstein's theory of relativity is proved wrong

Travelling faster than light also, in theory, turns back time. According to conventional physics, an astronaut moving beyond light speed would arrive at his destination before leaving.

But two German physicists claim to have forced light to overcome its own speed limit using the strange phenomenon of quantum tunnelling, in which particles summon up the energy to cross an apparently uncrossable barrier.

Their experiments focused on the travel of microwave photons - energetic packets of light - through two prisms.

When the prisms were moved apart, most photons reflected off the first prism they encountered and were picked up by a detector.

But a few appeared to "tunnel" through a gap separating them as if the prisms were still held together.

Although these photons had travelled a longer distance, they arrived at their detector at the same time as the reflected photons. This suggests that the transit between the two prisms was faster than the speed of light.

Dr Gunter Nimtz, of the University of Koblenz, told the magazine New Scientist: "For the time being, this is the only violation of special relativity that I know of."
Einstien = pwned. I figured it was possible.
Old 19 Aug 2007, 10:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Not terribly surprising. It certainly doesn't pwn Einstein as it's my understanding that all he did was calculate the speed, not make it a superlative. Besides, you've got in this example, what appears to be light...traveling faster than it's supposed to. Given the surge in R&D with regard to Photonics over the last 10 years, this is not unexpected.

I love the tie in with light speed and time travel. Ever since I found out what a Light Year was, I've wanted to believe that.

But meh...if you're really looking for a fight between my man Einstein and another practitioner of the fine art of Physics, then you should read about Shroedinger's Cat.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2007, 06:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
Einstien = pwned.
I don't have anything to say about the topic...but I've got something to say about Einstein...

I've took 5 semesters of Physics...that is equivalent to 2 and a half years of Physics...and all I've got to say is that Newton and Einstein are the Greatest...

I'm just ranting...but yeah there arguments that if Newton didn't "discovered" gravity...someone else eventually will...hmmm really now?...I might or might not have a point......but to say that with a new discovery or a new experiment can prove that Einstein is wrong or Newton is an idiot is absolutely absurd...

People are trying to prove that those two among other great scientists to be wrong that they are forgetting that hundreds and thousands discoveries, inventions, whatnot...came from the works of those Greatest...

No point...not trying to make any arguments...just my $0.02
Old 20 Aug 2007, 07:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

I was being sarcastic with that comment btw. It's too bad neither one of you picked up on it.
Old 20 Aug 2007, 09:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
I was being sarcastic with that comment btw. It's too bad neither one of you picked up on it.
you need to work on your sarcasm skills then, because it wasn't clearly evident. but thanks for playing.
Old 21 Aug 2007, 07:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

trowa is a PWF Hall of Famertrowa is a PWF Hall of Famertrowa is a PWF Hall of Famertrowa is a PWF Hall of Famertrowa is a PWF Hall of Famertrowa is a PWF Hall of Famertrowa is a PWF Hall of Famertrowa is a PWF Hall of Famertrowa is a PWF Hall of Famertrowa is a PWF Hall of Famertrowa is a PWF Hall of Famer

From what I read there is a chamber of cesium atoms in a vapor form in a vacuum. Part of the light wave enters in one side of the chamber, the cesium atoms somehow replicate the light wave and send it out the other side quicker then it came in. By the time the whole light wave enters the chamber the light is already out of the chamber by a good 60 feet.

I still don't know in my opinion if that is making light travel faster. Also It has been said that the light loses its intensity but it doesn't distort. So how come it has lost power by the time its out the other side?

My Cars.
trowa is offline   Reply With Quote