ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

New Breed of Slavery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Mar 2007, 11:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC
Default New Breed of Slavery

So, some of you know that I spent last weekend pampered in Napa, where I drank lot's of wine and was generally treated like I was some upper class royalty. Which was nice. However, I really stopped and took notice of all the people serving me. Most of them could barely speak a lick of English. Everytime I needed something, some mexican woman was there with a towel, or another cup of coffee or refilling my glass or washing my dishes or fixing my breakfast etc. This is pathetic.

Over a hundred years ago, we had rich people with slaves doing this exact same thing. Does every understand this? We had slaves to pamper our lazy asses and doing the jobs that we didn't want to do. And it was easy. There were some who though slavery is wrong. That we need to abolish it. And there were wars and eventually cival rights marches and so on and so forth. And all it's really done is replace one lowly class of black servants with a lowly class of mexican and illegal servants. How charming.

Of course it doesn't take a genius to watch a bunch of illegals picking apples and grapes and compare them to slaves picking cotton in the fields. It's the same thing.

We've convinced ourselves that we're really just trying to help out the poor new slave. That they're better off picking apples and washing dishes than they were in their own country. I'm pretty sure they said the same thing when they picked up a bunch of half naked savages off the edges of Africa. Hey, at least they had steady food, right? We tell ourselves now that, hey, at least they're making 2.50 an hour. You know what that amounts to? Slave wages. Every sweatshop and every field is full of the new breed of slavery.

The worst part is that a lot of people think they're being compasionate by allowing the situation to exist. Instead of holding the slave owners accountable and punishing them, we look away and say it's going to cost 5 bucks for a tomato. Instead of penalizing these slave owners and make them pay a fair price for their workers, we act like they're just crappy jobs that no one else will do. So we pretend it's not what it is, slavery.

We should punish these companies. And I'm not talking about big huge corporations, these are little shops and restaurants that are getting away with this. They need to be paying a wage that someone will work for. Nobody is going to work for 2.50 an hour in a field all day. But you start paying them 12.50, then you'll find plenty of unskilled legal workers lining up to earn some money. You start to employ the wellfare class and make them earn their money. You make the system change to get rid of this new class of slavery and you solve 95% of your illegal immigration problems. But of course, if you'd rather be "compasionate" and let this situation continue, then be my guest.

But maybe you should see the reality of what these people are doing and ask yourself if maybe there aren't better solutions. If these were fair paying jobs, then you would never hear about them being jobs that americans won't do. We have a massive amount of unskilled laborers in this country already that can't compete with people using slaves to undersell them. They can't. You can't run a team of roofers and generate a profit and pay them fairly when the guy next on the list is paying 10 slaves what 1 person is worth. That's not fair. That's not competition. That's not compassion. That's not free enterprise. That is exploitation. And it needs to be stopped.

It is also time for the slave exportating countries to be held accountable. There is absolutely no reason for Mexico to be in the finacial and political situation it is in. They have too many natural resources, too much manufacturing ability and too much in tourism to allow this situation to exist. No more corruption. No more aid to corrupt countries. No more NAFTA loopholes. Build a better Mexico and stop the next big part of the problem at the source.

So yeah, slavery is alive and well, and there doesn't seem to be anybody willing to stop it at the border through security, inside the border where we can stop it immediatly by holding the slave owners accountable, or outside the border where other countries need to be held accountable for their living, political and finacial situations. You may feel sorry for these people, that's fine, but stop pretending that the illegal situation in America is anything but what it is. Slavery.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2007, 06:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

You should edit this a bit and send it to the Chronicle. See if they print something this good.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2007, 07:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Excellent.
Old 27 Mar 2007, 09:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
> U

Brandy , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Brandy , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Brandy , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Brandy , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Brandy , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Brandy , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Brandy , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Brandy , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Brandy , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Brandy , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Brandy , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

I think you are right except there is one missing component...

freewill discussion.

Black slaves put in slave postions against their freewill...
But Mexicans exercise freewill in their positions...

Speak some evil, Hear some evil, See some evil!
Brandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2007, 12:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

It isn't so much that they want to do it.

Is it out and out slavery?? Unpaid bondage?? Not entirely, but then again we live in deceiving times. Unpaid bondage would be looked upon poorly, so the Liberals tout illegal immigrants who often work for less than the minimum wage. In some cases, human beings...living, breathing human beings are paid less than three dollars per hour of backbreaking labor.

Just because Mexico is so deprived and corrupt that it's citizens would happily break their backs to earn less than $120 total for forty hours of hard labor, that doesn't change the fact that it is still a form of slavery.

If you sugarcoat it as best as possible, you still have to admit it's gross exploitation. Those people could earn up to five times that amount if they'd only bother to get a work Visa. It's really very simple.

And it's not a question of just allowing any Mexican who is strong enough to climb a 12 foot barbed wire fence to live and work here. No other country allows for such behavior. No other country in the world has a problem with or catches heat for turning would be immigrants away.

Of course, no other country is good enough to have the insane amount of tourists and immigrants coming to see it and live it every day, week, month, and year...at least not like we do here in America.

But that's just the price we have to pay for being the best country in the world.

Regardless, what is happening is indeed slavery. The Racist, Elitist, would be oppressors of the American Left are just smart enough to make it "not quite slavery" so they don't get murdered in the press for condoning this kind of crap.

However, the press is right in the pockets of the Racist Elitist Oppressor American Left, so I doubt they'd get any kind of heat for it at all.

Matter of fact, I'm surprised Time Magazine hasn't anointed Barak Obama the Second Coming Of Jesus Christ Himself.

But anyway, yeah...just because they're happy to does not make it any less true. They are slaves without the brands. These people make two dollars an hour...I seriously doubt their living and working conditions would be close to what we would consider "bearable."

Also factor in that most of the money they make, they send to Mexico. I'm guessing that there's homeless people who live better than some Migrant Farmers do.

Sure...the people that waited on Exo may not be the establishment's owners' personal property, but why would they be? When one Mexican breaks down and can't work at the rate he's used to, the owner of the company can simply send him packing and bring on the next strong, eager, $2.00 per hour back that's waiting outside the Home Depot.

Actually, if you take it from the viewpoint of The Massa, it's almost better than slavery. When one of their slaves breaks, they just discard it and get another one. They don't get stuck with a useless no good slave...they just get more.

So yeah, it's deplorable and it's evil and it's gotta change no matter how much Poco Bandito loves scrubbing horseshit practically for free. It's not nice, it's not compassionate and it's not doing anything good at all.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2007, 11:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
(:

sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via MSN to sparx

I was recently at a 4 day meeting type trip for an organization I belong to. We had several, what most would consider fancy, dinners/luncheons/etc. We sat down, our food was brought to us. Our napkins were opened up for us. Our plates were removed. The servers never spoke to us. I heard a few speak to each other, and from what I could tell, they were Hispanic/Latino. I tried to talk to them to say thank you, but they didn't understand me.

I actually felt mildly uncomfortable with the servers acting that way. I can't really explain it, it just felt wrong. The servers wouldn't speak to me, or couldn't speak to me. I don't really know. They wouldn't really even look at us, they just kept their heads down.

Now, I live in The Nursery Capitol Of The World. No one, anywhere, has more nurseries, per person, per sq ft than we do. Now, who works out in the hot sun? Who is paid less than min. wage? Who is paid cash under the table? It honestly looks like indentured servants. They work the fields, hard, dangerous jobs, for less than any white man would work for.

I actually spoke to my local representative at the state capitol, and I asked him what he thought about it, and he danced around the question saying that we can't change anything on a state level it has to be on a national level. He never really answered me, though.
sparx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2007, 03:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

Our government will NEVER do anything to really solve the illegal problem.

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2007, 09:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
Dev
KOBASHI KOBASHI KOBASHI!!

Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!

I do not see this as a "slavery" issue, but as Glue stated we live in deceiving times. We are convinced by many that we are doing a great service to "these people" by giving them jobs that pay so much better than any position they could obtain in their native land. This is true, but that does not negate the fact that US companies are exploiting the fact that they have at their beckon call a cheap, easily replaceable workforce. A work force that does not complain about pay, insurance, family leave, etc....etc.

I know this first hand as many of the jobs in our local seafood industry are taken by people of Hispanic and Asian race. My uncle runs a multi million dollar seafood production plant here and he hires illegals and non English speaking persons. He then puts them on a 90 day probation period, at the end of which they qualify for ins. and a raise in pay. 89 days in they are fired, a week later hired back for another 89 days, that is indeed exploitation, and he has been busted by the INS and Feds several times but do they shut him down, no.

Dev is offline   Reply With Quote