ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

Criminal or Just Cause?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Feb 2007, 03:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sick in the head

Dick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via MSN to Dick Biggs
Default Criminal or Just Cause?

Criminal or Just Cause?

There is a young man from the North End of Winnipeg with a wife, a 4-year-old son and an infant daughter. He was laid off from his low-income job several months ago and never called back to work. His un-employment insurance has dried up and despite his best efforts to find work elsewhere. He is un-able to do so. Social Assistance will not help him because he is technically able to work and the job banks turn him away because they already have to many temp employees.

Months go by and still no work. It is now winter and –25 degrees Celsius outside. His landlord is threatening eviction and the electricity has already been cut off… The family has been scraping by on what little food that the Winnipeg Harvest can give them but they are on the verge on starving and freezing to death.

The man cannot take it anymore. He needs to feed his family and get enough money to get his utilities turned back on. So in an act of desperation, he goes down to a local grocery store with a large duffle bag and softball bat in hand. He walks into the store and declares that this is a robbery and if everybody cooperates nobody will be harmed. The store clerk agrees to cooperate… the man the proceeds to load the duffle bag with diapers, food and other basic supplies. On the way out he has the clerk empty the till and he receives roughly one hundred and ten dollars in cash. The Young man the proceeds to flee the grocery store.

The clerk immediately presses the alarm button and locks the doors. With the stores security tape and the fact that the man has previously had a criminal record for minor misdemeanor offences it does not take long for the police to show up at the mans house. And make the arrest. The man does not argue and cooperates with the police. The money and the stolen merchandise were hidden and not recovered.

Now there is no doubt that what this man did was wrong, but he was in an extremely stressful and difficult situation. How would you go about sentencing this man if you were a judge and all you had to go by for evidence was the story before you and the videotape of the young man robbing the grocery store? Would you feel sorry for him? Would you think that his actions were purely of a criminal nature? Or is there some just cause behind his actions? Pass your judgement but remember to be fair. It is not just this young mans life your are deciding the fate of, but his family to.
Old 16 Feb 2007, 03:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

I'll give him the death sentence.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2007, 04:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I'd give him the chair.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2007, 04:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Sick in the head

Dick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo
I'd give him the chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSTICKdamus
I'll give him the death sentence.

So both of you are saying that his man deserves to die, his family left without a provider because he may not of been giving the same chances in life as most people? Why?
Old 16 Feb 2007, 05:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Biggs
So both of you are saying that his man deserves to die, his family left without a provider because he may not of been giving the same chances in life as most people? Why?
Hopefully, his wife and kids will starve or freeze to death.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2007, 05:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Biggs
He wasn't providing anyways, and if he gets the death sentence, his family can live off of his social security. You rid the Earth of the scum that breaks the law, and you help out the innocent. Problem solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo
Hopefully, his wife and kids will starve or freeze to death.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2007, 10:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

If I had to rob some shit to keep my family alive, then I'd do it...

But I'd also be fucking smarter than that guy was...

Luckily for me though...I gots me a jobz...

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2007, 06:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

that wouldnt happen here....the bleeding heart social security and welfare system would provide him money as long as he could prove he was looking for work....and she could just leave him and be able to collect sole parent benefits and qualify for cheap public housing.

either way he was in the wrong damn country and breaking the law is still wrong....he should be punished
G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2007, 06:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

Quote:
Originally Posted by G O D
that wouldnt happen here....the bleeding heart social security and welfare system would provide him money as long as he could prove he was looking for work....and she could just leave him and be able to collect sole parent benefits and qualify for cheap public housing.

either way he was in the wrong damn country and breaking the law is still wrong....he should be punished
pretty much the same way here....

However in case of prlonged unemployment, I have a plan B

b1) if I'm single.....then I commit some form of crime...such as robbing a bank. If I get away...awesome . If I get shot fleeing the scene...sweet . if I get apprehended and get sent to jail...fuckin a. Free room and board.

b2) if I've got family to support....I enlist in the armed service. Military provides for me and my family.

Moral of the story is, I ain't starvin on the streets

Dude was in the wrong....and I probably would have been tempted to do somethin similar. However, like I said....Plan B.

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2007, 04:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK
pretty much the same way here....

However in case of prlonged unemployment, I have a plan B

b1) if I'm single.....then I commit some form of crime...such as robbing a bank. If I get away...awesome . If I get shot fleeing the scene...sweet . if I get apprehended and get sent to jail...fuckin a. Free room and board.

b2) if I've got family to support....I enlist in the armed service. Military provides for me and my family.

Moral of the story is, I ain't starvin on the streets

Dude was in the wrong....and I probably would have been tempted to do somethin similar. However, like I said....Plan B.
So the guy should've enlisted in the Canadian Armed Forces?? Isn't that like...The Mounties or some shit??

Nah...gotta rob a bank. And not just any day either, you have to know what the fuck you're doing, and do it at the best possible time...but only motherfuckers who worked at a bank before would really know when that is...

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2007, 09:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
So the guy should've enlisted in the Canadian Armed Forces?? Isn't that like...The Mounties or some shit??

Nah...gotta rob a bank. And not just any day either, you have to know what the fuck you're doing, and do it at the best possible time...but only motherfuckers who worked at a bank before would really know when that is...

Late.
He's Canadian...he already lost

Old 17 Feb 2007, 09:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
(:

sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.sparx is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via MSN to sparx

Its just a sad situation.

Maybe his wife and kids can find someone to move in with for awhile.

I don't know much about the way that the Canadian judicial system works, but he'll probably have jail time.
sparx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2007, 10:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparx
Its just a sad situation.

Maybe his wife and kids can find someone to move in with for awhile.

I don't know much about the way that the Canadian judicial system works, but he'll probably have jail time.
He was married with children...he was already serving a life sentence

Old 19 Feb 2007, 01:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
Sick in the head

The Armed forces is a good answer. The Canadian military pays very well and has a benefits package and a retirement fund that cannot be beat. But the Canadian military is like any other job. You have to apply and be hired then do basic training. But the down side is, they will not accept you unless you have a clean criminal record and are in good physical health... Is this case, this man had a previous criminal record.

His wife could get social assistance while he was locked up, but that did not solve the problem that at the time he was watching his family freeze and starve. And Welfare in Canada only gives you a few hundred dollars a month... not enough to raise two kids.

Any other Ideas?