ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

Movie on Assassination of President Bush being released

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Sep 2006, 08:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED
Default Movie on Assassination of President Bush being released

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/0...ion=cnn_latest

"Death of a President," shot in the form of a documentary examining the assassination, will use a blend of archival footage and computer-generated special effects to portray Bush in October 2007 arriving in Chicago during an anti-war rally.

In the film, Bush is killed by a sniper, and the investigation quickly focuses on a Syrian-born man. It will air in October on Channel 4's More4 digital channel, as well as at the Toronto Film Festival in September.

"It's a pointed political examination of what the war on terror is doing to the American body politic," said More4 boss Peter Dale at a press conference on Thursday.

Promotional materials described the program as "a thought-provoking critique of the contemporary U.S. political landscape."

It's unfortunate that such a movie is being released, on the grounds of its subject. Do you guys think that expression of such a thought in a movie should be legal? I'm not fully sure myself. I certainly lean towards saying yes. But, then again I probably wouldn't want a movie by the KKK on why black people are inferior to the white race to be released. It's legality would cover nearly the same grounds as this. Should it be legal?
SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Sep 2006, 08:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

i actually haven't heard anything about this movie...and not really clear as to what's the point of this movie...however we all know we love to making fun of Bush...however none of us really want him to die let alone being assassinated...(i could be wrong, there are some strong hatred people out there)...the whole country could literally be in another big shock...even though we all could argue that Dick Cheney is the real President at the moment anyways...(i won't go into that but yea)...plus the film could in turn make some psycho out there to actually replicate the film and shoot Bush...who knows...i'm just saying...hey the world is a crazy place...anyways legal or not this kind of film should not be put out there...so my answer is NO...
GinoCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Sep 2006, 11:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

That's class for ya. Love Hollywood.

...no media bias my fucking ass...

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Sep 2006, 12:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to pyXL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Brother
That's class for ya. Love Hollywood.

...no media bias my fucking ass...

Late.
Channel 4 isn't very Hollywood...

I presume anyone stupid enough to think about attempting an assassination will have thought about it before this...
Old 07 Sep 2006, 10:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

It's all Hollywood...it's a generic term like "Kleenex" or "Xerox".

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 07 Sep 2006, 11:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
16 Time World Champion

Ric Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of Famer

A few things here.

1. While I understand the Hollywood bias argument, it doesnt really apply here. Its a British made film, and its premeiring in Canada.

2. Why are Republicans so goddamned touchy when it comes to Bush? Whenever someone farts in his general direction, Ann Coulter or Rush Limbaugh use it as an example of how liberals hate America. Yes, We hate Bush. Fucking Get over it...you all got to fuck with Clinton, we Get to Fuck with Bush...it's just different this time because the majority of the people actually agree with us...

3. Illegal Movies? Is it a snuff film? No, its a fucking goddamned hypothetical...Son of a Bitch...just let it go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
I dunno...it's the"I'm better than you and I'm not even gonna shout it, yell it or overstate it, I'm fuckin Naitch goddamn it and all I really got to say is ......wooooooooooo!!!!!" pic of Ric
Ric Flair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2006, 12:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK

Quote:
It's all Hollywood...it's a generic term like "Kleenex" or "Xerox".

Late.
Have you seen any Channel 4 films? They're the complete opposite of Hollywood. They're low-budget and, more astonishingly, good...

Trainspotting was made by Channel 4. You've seen that, right?
Old 08 Sep 2006, 01:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
PWF's very own psychopath

Corey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to Corey Send a message via MSN to Corey Send a message via Yahoo to Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric Flair
A few things here.

1. While I understand the Hollywood bias argument, it doesnt really apply here. Its a British made film, and its premeiring in Canada.

2. Why are Republicans so goddamned touchy when it comes to Bush? Whenever someone farts in his general direction, Ann Coulter or Rush Limbaugh use it as an example of how liberals hate America. Yes, We hate Bush. Fucking Get over it...you all got to fuck with Clinton, we Get to Fuck with Bush...it's just different this time because the majority of the people actually agree with us...

3. Illegal Movies? Is it a snuff film? No, its a fucking goddamned hypothetical...Son of a Bitch...just let it go...
Well said...I don't have to hardly say a fucking word now.

Thanks to David for the Orton banner...

Join the EFED you fucks!
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Sep 2006, 01:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyXL
Have you seen any Channel 4 films? They're the complete opposite of Hollywood. They're low-budget and, more astonishingly, good...
That's great. Really.

Late.

Old 09 Sep 2006, 04:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

Quote:
That's great. Really.

Late.
It is...

... They're pretty liberal though... so your point kinda stands...

So...
Old 19 Sep 2006, 08:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

That movie would be more accurate if he was to be killed by the CIA and then some Arab is named as the shooter.
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Sep 2006, 11:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
16 Time World Champion

Ric Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC
That movie would be more accurate if he was to be killed by the CIA and then some Arab is named as the shooter.

No, it would be better if it was a snuff film starring you and your dumbass theories, in general, what Im after is you just ceasing to live...I guess would be the main point Im after here...

They have Steam Rollers in your town? If so, Id lay down in front of it if I was you...

Hey...What does BOSTON and a Shop Vac have in Common?

HA! THEY BOTH SUCK...

HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
I dunno...it's the"I'm better than you and I'm not even gonna shout it, yell it or overstate it, I'm fuckin Naitch goddamn it and all I really got to say is ......wooooooooooo!!!!!" pic of Ric
Ric Flair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Oct 2006, 03:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

Yeah, old topic, I know...

Death of a President was shown on More4 over here last night. It was a lot better than I expected. Even if you don't agree with the subject matter, you have to praise these guys for how realistic everything looks and the brilliant acting by the people being "interviewed". It was nowhere near as anti-American or Bush-hating as I thought it would be, and the circumstances leading up to the assassination seem believable enough. I thought the film-makers handled the fictional murder of a non-fictional currently-serving president as sensitively and respectfully as possible. There were some pretty intriguing "plot" twists in the who-done-it investigation, although because of the North Korean nuclear test, some of the stuff said in it is already out-of-date.

Just my thoughts...
Old 02 Nov 2006, 03:58 AM   #14 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!™

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

I saw it over the weekend.

It was actually pretty well done.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote