ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

On the alleged sanctity of marriage.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Jun 2006, 11:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default On the alleged sanctity of marriage.

Okay...stop me if you've heard this one before.

Two dykes walk into City Hall and apply for a marriage license. It gets denied. So they take it to court.

Or at least, that's what's going on in Albany. 44 gay couples who've had their applications for marriage licenses denied are suing for the right to legally marry in The Great State.

So I sat and thought about this after reading the article...and as I thought, two questions occurred to me.

-> Why does the state need to issue a license for a marriage to take place? Marriage is allegedly sacred, not "religious" sacred but a commitment sacred to those who make it, so why is some grubby, corrupt state government involved?

Well, of course government being the oldest and biggest Pyramid Scheme going, they have to bilk prospective newlyweds for the license fees...but for any true blue, government hating Conservative, the concept itself is just filthy. Why do I need the state's approval to get married? Marriage is supposed to be about two people in love with each other, pledging either eternal devotion or half their belongings when said devotion expires. So why does Big Brother need to stamp his approval on it for it to happen and be legitimate??

-> Exactly how valid is the alleged "sanctity of marriage"? Rednecks and bigots talk a lot of nonsense about said alleged sanctity as it relates to the issue of gay marriage...but how sanctified, moreover how valid is any marriage if two people who love each other can't make that commitment to each other?

Seriously...isn't marriage supposed to be about love? I understand that in keeping with the nature of the Pyramid Scheme, local government feels the need to collect licensing fees to help line the pockets of the pigs who sit in office...but why do they have to approve of a marriage for it to be legit??

That's just a load of bullshit.

More Conservatives should support the legalization of gay marriage. Two consenting adults have the right to determine how they live their lives. The government has no such right to hinder that.

Life.

Liberty.

The Pursuit of Happiness.

What.

The.

Fuck.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2006, 09:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to pyXL

Nice post.

And with divorce rates hitting 50% of marriages, I think the sanctity might just be watered down a l'il.
Old 02 Jun 2006, 10:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyXL
Nice post.

And with divorce rates hitting 50% of marriages, I think the sanctity might just be watered down a l'il.
True...although I think that speaks more to people's poor judgement than anything else...see one of my posts in David's Anti Women thread...I think I put something down about that in there.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 02 Jun 2006, 05:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

actually Marriage is a religious institutuion, it all began with the first "marriage" between Adam and Eve. God created Eve (not Steve), for Adam and Adam, replied, with (from Genesis 2:24) Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Maybe the real question here should be if homosexuals hate or deny God so much, why dont they just shack up, shut up, and quit trying to fit their lifestyles in with him, and live their atheist lives without the approval they deny they need from him.
Double K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2006, 05:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double K
Maybe the real question here should be if homosexuals hate or deny God so much, why dont they just shack up, shut up, and quit trying to fit their lifestyles in with him, and live their atheist lives without the approval they deny they need from him.
You know, someday, I'm going to move wherever it is you're running for office and vote for you.
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2006, 08:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

I was really hoping that someone straight would respond to this...oh well...

Oh wait...KK responded...cool.

My minister is a lesbian, dude...she loves God.

I know in the Old Testament it says God hates homosexuality, but it also says an eye for an eye, you can't eat pork or shellfish, and let's not forget the time that David and the Hebrews paraded the Ark of the Covenant into Jerusalem and the wheels on the cart carrying the Ark broke off...Uzziah went to steady the Ark so that it wouldn't touch the ground...being that it was the freaking Ark of the Freaking Covenant and all...and God smote him down just for trying to help...

I mean...do you eat pork?? Do you hurt those who hurt you in the exact same manner?? Do you eat things like crab, lobster, shrimp or prawns??

Jesus said that Love was the most important Commandment of all. But apparently Jesus didn't mean that for gay people I guess...

Late.

Old 02 Jun 2006, 10:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
Jesus said that Love was the most important Commandment of all. But apparently Jesus didn't mean that for gay people I guess...
That is another example of the hypocracy that is organized religion.

I beleive i did post my though on the sanctity of life an marriage. Rather than repeat it, I would suggest listening to George Carlin 1996 masterpiece CD, "Back In Town". That is all you need to hear and know, about the truth of the sanctity of life, which also parlays into the sanctity of marriage.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2006, 11:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK

Quote:
actually Marriage is a religious institutuion, it all began with the first "marriage" between Adam and Eve. God created Eve (not Steve), for Adam and Adam, replied, with (from Genesis 2:24) Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

People were paired off (straight or gay) long before the good Bible arrived, so I'm sorry to tell you but Christianity doesn't have a monopoly on marriage.

Also, using that logic, shouldn't Christians be the only people who are allowed to get married?

Not everyone believes in the Bible, so why should laws be created around your beliefs? If two gay people want to publicly declare that they love each other, how will that affect you? It shouldn't, unless you're very insecure about something. But you helping along the banning of gay marriage, or even civil unions, is affecting their lives greatly. You shouldn't have the power to do this.

Luckily for me, civil unions are legal here. Yay.
Old 04 Jun 2006, 08:24 AM   #9 (permalink)

Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
People were paired off (straight or gay) long before the good Bible arrived, so I'm sorry to tell you but Christianity doesn't have a monopoly on marriage.

Also, using that logic, shouldn't Christians be the only people who are allowed to get married?

Not everyone believes in the Bible, so why should laws be created around your beliefs? If two gay people want to publicly declare that they love each other, how will that affect you? It shouldn't, unless you're very insecure about something. But you helping along the banning of gay marriage, or even civil unions, is affecting their lives greatly. You shouldn't have the power to do this.

Luckily for me, civil unions are legal here. Yay.
How can people have been paired off longer than the first two people on earth?

regardless of what people believe or want to believe Marriage is a religious born institution, im not going to argue it any further than this. It is, you know it, and i know it.

Now as for rights, and im speaking for the US becuase this is the only place i've been and all i know, should two same sex people be allowed to marry? I dont support it, nor will i becuase it is an abomination to my God and i wont support it.

However, i still would like an answer better than you refuse to believe marriage is not a religious born institution. So why do gay people seek to be married so bad to fit into the religious born institution? If they dont believe in God, such as you, then why even care about marriage? Why even acknowledge marriage? Why if they arent being dragged into the streets and stoned for being gay, and they are allowed to live together, love each other, and they have every other right that any one else has, then why do they seek to be married?

Glue, i would like for you to disregard the above statement for a minute, as i feel like i would like to carry this conversation on , on a little higher level than argueing bible verses and theology. I would rather out of curiousity in order to better understand learn more about how your church worships, such as doctrine, sermons, etc....

for example

do they believe in heaven?
what God do you worship?
what bible or book do you use?
what is a typical sermon like?
do you give alter calls?
how does someone get saved?

any info.you might offer up, i would love to know before we go any further. And none of this will i ask for smearing your church in any way.

Last edited by Double K; 04 Jun 2006 at 08:47 AM.
Old 04 Jun 2006, 09:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

Quote:
However, i still would like an answer better than you refuse to believe marriage is not a religious born institution. So why do gay people seek to be married so bad to fit into the religious born institution? If they dont believe in God, such as you, then why even care about marriage? Why even acknowledge marriage? Why if they arent being dragged into the streets and stoned for being gay, and they are allowed to live together, love each other, and they have every other right that any one else has, then why do they seek to be married?
Because they are missing out on important rights. Gay couples may have trouble seeing each other in hospital, or may end up penniless in the event of one dying if no proper will has been arranged.

And marriage does not have to be a religious event! God has no mention in many marriages and many take place in ordinary town and city halls. Why can't gay couples have these types of marriages? No-one is forcing Churhces to be more tolerant to gay people or marry them. A supposedly secular government has no right to prevent two consenting adults from gaining the same rights as any other couples.

EDIT: You also assume that all gay people are atheistic, which isn't true. One of my friends is gay and very Christian.

EDIT #2: Personally, I don't care if gay people can't get marriage, as long as they get similar rights. I'm perfectly happy with the civil unions we have over here.

Last edited by pyXL; 04 Jun 2006 at 09:55 AM.
pyXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jun 2006, 03:51 PM   #11 (permalink)

actually i dont anticipate it to be long before same sex marriages will be legal. (in some parts of the US, followed by most).

I dont believe all gay people are athiests btw. Actually i dont believe in Athiests.
Old 04 Jun 2006, 04:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

Quote:
actually i dont anticipate it to be long before same sex marriages will be legal. (in some parts of the US, followed by most).

I dont believe all gay people are athiests btw. Actually i dont believe in Athiests.
... Ummm... you don't believe in atheists?
Old 05 Jun 2006, 12:55 AM   #13 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

Quote:
... Ummm... you don't believe in atheists?
neither do I...

I think most people say they are atheist because they can't prove God exists or doesn't exist...

being unsure like that is actually "Agnostic"

As far as homosexuals go....I don't believe its a choice they make. Why would anyone choose to make their life harder than it has to be?

I work with a gay man...I know he's Catholic...I know he's been wit the same dude for about 15 yrs....I know he very much believes in God.

He does believe in Heaven.

and KK...We believe in one God. The Father. The Almighty. Creator of heaven and earth, of all that is seen and unseen.

Judaism, Islam, Christianity (all divisions of it) worship the God of Abraham and Moses.

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jun 2006, 04:02 AM   #14 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!™

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGuffin
neither do I...

I think most people say they are atheist because they can't prove God exists or doesn't exist...

being unsure like that is actually "Agnostic"
I am an Atheist.

I believe there is no God. That is very different from not believing in God. I am affirmative. They aren't.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jun 2006, 06:05 AM   #15 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelbond
I am an Atheist.

I believe there is no God. That is very different from not believing in God. I am affirmative. They aren't.
Me too. There is no God, to me anyway. I have no dilemma over whether he exists or not.