ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

Nagin throws Bush under the bus...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Mar 2006, 02:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Jerkit Nagin throws Bush under the bus...

N.Orleans mayor "shocked" by pre-Katrina Bush video
By Jeffrey Jones
Wed Mar 1, 10:23 PM ET

NEW ORLEANS (Reuters) - New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin said on Wednesday he was shocked by video showing U.S. President George W. Bush being told the day before Hurricane Katrina hit that the city's protective levees could fail.

The tape contradicts the president's statement four days after the hurricane struck: "I don't think anyone anticipated the breach of the levees."

"It surprises me that if there was that kind of awareness, why was the response so slow?" said Nagin, whose city was devastated when the storm struck on August 29 and causing massive flooding.

"I have kind of a sinking feeling right now in my gut. I mean, I was listening to what people were saying and I was believing them that they didn't know. So therefore it was an issue of a learning curve.

"From this tape it looks like everybody was fully aware."

Nagin listened with headphones and watched an excerpt from the video for the first time as reporters stood around him.
=========================================

Lmao...the day before the hurricane hit Bush found out that the levees could fail. It's my understanding that the people in the know around New Orleans knew that the levees could fail for years. And this guy wants to talk about a slow response??

So the guy who should've taken care of that fucking years ago wants to throw Bush under the bus for getting the same kind of info on the levees that he got on Saddam's WMDs??

What a fucking joke that guy is.

Thoughts??

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2006, 02:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

The levees are managed by the Army Core of Ingeneers and they have been begging Bush since he came into office. I do remember watching a report from a New Orleans local station that they have been trying to get money to the USAC and instead they got a budget cut and apparently they got more cuts four years straight. I saw the report cause I visited NO on April 01.

So either Bush didn't gave a flying Fuck about NO (Wich I doubt) or he was given misleading info that the levees were capable of stading Katrina.

This is some crazy blame game and everyone involved will be grilled to a criap for it.

And why on earth you put the jackoff smiley?
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2006, 03:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

I saw something on the discovery channel about how the New Orleans levees could fail. It was made in like, 2001. Thus, Bush's statement of, "I don't think anyone anticipated the breach of the levees.", is bullshit.

Also the cutting of the USAC's budget is ridiculous as well.
Old 02 Mar 2006, 04:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.

Maybe they knew the levees could've failed for years but it doesn't matter, you'd think that as.... idk.... THE PRESIDENT you might be inclined to do something about it the day before a terrible storm is about to hit.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2006, 04:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Maybe they knew the levees could've failed for years but it doesn't matter, you'd think that as.... idk.... THE PRESIDENT you might be inclined to do something about it the day before a terrible storm is about to hit.
Okay...let's say he had 24 hours...best case scenario.

What should he have done??

Okay...pull every construction worker in Louisiana, Alabama and Florida off whatever job they're doing now and move them to the levees. Stop all construction materials from shipping to their understood destinations and reroute them to the levees. Begin mass construction to build up the levees.

Congratulations, you've sent all those people and the millions of dollars worth of materials and equipment that went with them to their deaths.

You can't possibly have think that a mass construction mobilization would go off without a hitch and get to the New Orleans levees in time enough to build from scrap enough of a barrier to have stopped the flooding. Sorry....that's only possible in a Steven Speilberg movie. In reality, something should've been done years ago.

Not...Bush's...fault. Just because he's the President doesn't mean he can snap his fingers and "Make It Happen." No...that's what a Genie does. You know...like Shaq...in KAZAAM.

Maybe an evacuation plan would've saved more lives at that point, but that's on the local government...read: the government controlled by Nagin, who is for some reason flabbergasted that someone other than he didn't handle the situation correctly.

It's been public knowledge for years now that the levees in New Orleans weren't sufficient to maintain in the face of a Category 5 or whatever Hurricane. There's no way in hell anything short of the Hand Of God Herself could've reinforced the levees properly enough to make a difference. If you send all those people in there anyway and it doesn't work, they'll be the first ones to get killed by the flooding.

I'm sure finding volunteers for that would've been a Presidential Piece of Cake.

Nagin to Bush: "Uhhh...hello, Kettle?? This is the Pot calling."

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 02 Mar 2006, 05:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Dog
Durrrrrr he's saying Nagin is a jackoff. Not that hard to understand
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2006, 06:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Heavyweight

David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue

Maybe an evacuation plan would've saved more lives at that point, but that's on the local government...read: the government controlled by Nagin, who is for some reason flabbergasted that someone other than he didn't handle the situation correctly.

Well if Nagin's gonna be a dumbass then that doesn't mean that FEMA should just sit back and allow it to happen. Maybe that sort of thing is the responsibility of local govt but FEMA is supposed to act on emergencies and I think a category 5 hurricane counts as an emergency therefore they should've done something even if it is more of Nagin's responsibility.
Old 02 Mar 2006, 06:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Dog
The levees are managed by the Army Core of Ingeneers and they have been begging Bush since he came into office. I do remember watching a report from a New Orleans local station that they have been trying to get money to the USAC and instead they got a budget cut and apparently they got more cuts four years straight. I saw the report cause I visited NO on April 01.

So either Bush didn't gave a flying Fuck about NO (Wich I doubt) or he was given misleading info that the levees were capable of stading Katrina.

This is some crazy blame game and everyone involved will be grilled to a criap for it.

Engineers
Old 02 Mar 2006, 06:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

You are all forgetting the the reasopns the levees failed was because of the Levee Board here in New Orleans.

The Political Game in this state is far more corrupt than most of the other states in the union. The reason they weren't strong enough, was the cost was too high for the POS citizens of that Shit Hole. The reason the price was way high, was due to the Political Games played with all members of the Levee Board. They put it to a vote to the POS citizens. Keep your CAT3 levees or agree to pay a little more in taxes to upgreade to CAT5. Guess what the POS citizens of Shit Hole did? That's right.

As much as I hate Bush Jr. and love to "throw him under the bus", he was ij no way responisibe. The POS Citizens of that Shit Hole, Nagin, Blanco, and Fema all share the blame.

NOTE: I hope this years' hurricane season finishes the job Katrina started, and whipe that Shit Hole off the map.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2006, 07:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
Well if Nagin's gonna be a dumbass then that doesn't mean that FEMA should just sit back and allow it to happen. Maybe that sort of thing is the responsibility of local govt but FEMA is supposed to act on emergencies and I think a category 5 hurricane counts as an emergency therefore they should've done something even if it is more of Nagin's responsibility.
FEMA...lmao...like they weren't still busy with the record number of hurricanes that had just finished beating the piss out of the Florida Panhandle.

But even still...there isn't anything you can do one, two or three days before something like that happens. If you're familiar with the construction industry, then you know that even if FEMA or fucking Pam Anderson for that matter had been able to convince construction workers and companies to disregard their own personal safety and go down to what was essentially going to become "The New Ground Zero", they'd have to be evacuated well in advance of Katrina touching down, meaning they'd have been lucky to install support beams to the levees...forget about making them bigger or better or anything.

I mean picture yourself at work...your Boss says "David look, this is an emergency. A bunch of people who don't give a rat's ass about you or your family are going to die. We have no realistic hope of saving all, most or even some of those people. Nevertheless, we want you to go fix New Orleans' levees. Chances are better than not that before you're done, a Category 5 Hurricane will hit landfall and kill you then and there.

"I'd stay and explain it further, but that's pretty much it. We need you to go to make your peace with the Universe and go to Ground Zero and engage in a futile effort whose only predictable outcome is your death. We need you to do this ASAP."

Sorry Dave...I'm pretty sure you wouldn't say "Yeah, let me get right on that."

Seriously...that kind of thing is only possible in a movie. The problem is...and this is actually the problem with a lot of the arguments people use regarding George W. Bush...we don't live in a movie. We live in Reality. In reality life isn't fair. In reality, bad things happen to good people. In reality, sometimes there's just not anything more that you can do.

It's really not Bush's fault but it's funny to hear everyone try to pin it on him though. I say we try to pin the blame for this whole "Bird Flu" thing on Bush, too. I mean it's not like we need facts or anything...

Late.

Old 02 Mar 2006, 07:24 PM   #11 (permalink)

Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

i'm in complete agreement with Glue here, 24 hours notice is just not enough time to get anything concrete done here. Nagin is an incompetent moron who could not show the sense that a leader requires, and he has proven that.

Now although i semi-support pres. Bush, i will say that in the past (if it's true he new those levees were unsafe) he could have done something, but there is this small matter of budgets, taxes, defense of the country, and a war against terror all going on at the same time, so it appears that is why a guy like Nagin is hired for the job he has, that's to take care of HIS territory, and get these things done, not just to sit back and blame Bush or whoever is available to blame for his incompetence.
Double K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2006, 07:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

They knew for over ten years those levees were not high enough or strong enough. It's like Venice, Italy...."Hey let's build a priceless work of art on a sinking sludge hole, Giacometti!"

Building on a below sea level swamp happened, I understand, 200 years ago. But they diverted the Mississippi, drained swamps and continued to build homes and businesses there with a "so, hey" attitude. Guess what, you get what you planned for. Bush could only have been guilty of not enforcing the Corps of Engineers studies that it was too low and weak, but you have to back track a long way to find the rest of the fools.

Rebuilding now is only a fools game. They should be told "under no circumstances will you get insurance, or FEMA aid if you plant your sorry, stupid a** back down there." Period.
SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2006, 08:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
FEMA...lmao...like they weren't still busy with the record number of hurricanes that had just finished beating the piss out of the Florida Panhandle.

But even still...there isn't anything you can do one, two or three days before something like that happens. If you're familiar with the construction industry, then you know that even if FEMA or fucking Pam Anderson for that matter had been able to convince construction workers and companies to disregard their own personal safety and go down to what was essentially going to become "The New Ground Zero", they'd have to be evacuated well in advance of Katrina touching down, meaning they'd have been lucky to install support beams to the levees...forget about making them bigger or better or anything.

I mean picture yourself at work...your Boss says "David look, this is an emergency. A bunch of people who don't give a rat's ass about you or your family are going to die. We have no realistic hope of saving all, most or even some of those people. Nevertheless, we want you to go fix New Orleans' levees. Chances are better than not that before you're done, a Category 5 Hurricane will hit landfall and kill you then and there.

"I'd stay and explain it further, but that's pretty much it. We need you to go to make your peace with the Universe and go to Ground Zero and engage in a futile effort whose only predictable outcome is your death. We need you to do this ASAP."

Sorry Dave...I'm pretty sure you wouldn't say "Yeah, let me get right on that."

Seriously...that kind of thing is only possible in a movie. The problem is...and this is actually the problem with a lot of the arguments people use regarding George W. Bush...we don't live in a movie. We live in Reality. In reality life isn't fair. In reality, bad things happen to good people. In reality, sometimes there's just not anything more that you can do.

It's really not Bush's fault but it's funny to hear everyone try to pin it on him though. I say we try to pin the blame for this whole "Bird Flu" thing on Bush, too. I mean it's not like we need facts or anything...

Late.
I'm talkin more about FEMA then Bush though, they should've come up with a better evactuation plan. I mean you can't reinforce the levees in 24 hours but I'm sure they could've evacuated people sooner. It just seems odd that they knew about the hurricane the day it happened yet supplies weren't delivered until awhile later. The levees is obviously the fault of New Orleans and I know that because they should've paid to have them reinforced years ago
Old 02 Mar 2006, 08:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Quote:
I'm talkin more about FEMA then Bush though, they should've come up with a better evactuation plan. I mean you can't reinforce the levees in 24 hours but I'm sure they could've evacuated people sooner. It just seems odd that they knew about the hurricane the day it happened yet supplies weren't delivered until awhile later. The levees is obviously the fault of New Orleans and I know that because they should've paid to have them reinforced years ago
I think they should have gotten the message when the people on the weather channel were saying, "I have nightmares about this exact situation".
Old 02 Mar 2006, 08:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
FEMA has never been more than an extension of Washington Bureaucracy. It hurts more than it helps. If the Red Cross had half of FEMA's budget, shit would be a lot better off than it is right now.

But in all fairness, FEMA is still cleaning up a lot of SouthEast America. Record number of hurricanes and all. Mother Nature just saved the best (read: most devastating) for last.

Late.