ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

My lack of understanding...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Feb 2006, 11:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default My lack of understanding...

Why do I have to understand??

Ever since the backlash against Muslims from the 09/11 attacks began, there’s been this campaign to get myself and I assume the rest of us uneducated Americans to better understand the principles of Islam.

So today I was reading through an article and decided that I’m done trying to further my understanding of Islam. Like Christianity, the religion of Islam has it’s cooks. Unlike Christianity, their cooks don’t all live in a commune in the middle of nowhere waiting for Jesus to return and take them all aboard his Holy Spaceship…no, Islam’s cooks grab automatic rifles and start shooting innocent people, kidnapping anyone who looks non Arabic and beheading them on videotape.

The religion of peace, indeed.

So a week ago a cartoon was published that depicted the prophet Muhammad as a terrorist…or at least made the suggestion. Well, according to Islamic law, artistic depictions of the prophet Muhammad are forbidden, as they inspire idolatry…which actually makes a lot of sense. I mean…look at a web banner…

So they go on this rampage, threaten a 09/11 style attack on Europe, Behead the Infidels, yadda yadda yadda…and I’m just like, whatever. I mean, I can understand the outrage. I suffer through ignoramuses talking shit about my religion all the time…but I don’t respond with violence.

The LA Times ran a story about the cartoons and how a Muslim felt about them:

Quote:
"There is no attempt at humor, but at derogation, at slander, at depicting a whole religion in a negative fashion," said Hassan Husseini, 60, an oil industry analyst and journalist who once worked as an editor at the Columbus Post-Dispatch.
So normally, I’d just be like: “Welcome to my world. Classless morons who know nothing of morality feel the need to disrespect those who do.” It’s actually a simple case of denial and or displacement with regard to those people’s natural inclination to canonize themselves while deriding their betters.

But then, I read this:

Quote:
Rami Abdelrahman, a 24-year-old Jordanian studying journalism in Sweden, said a stranger approached him on a train and asked about the cartoons.

"He was very friendly. He asked, 'Why is there so much rage?' " Abdelrahman recalled. "I told him [that] Muslims are very connected to their prophet.

"I told him there's this inferiority problem, where people in the Middle East feel like the West just doesn't like them, as if the whole world was against them."
So…someone finally whips up a political cartoon that makes light of the completely frightening correlation between terrorism and Islamic Fundamentalists, and not only should they all be killed for insulting The Prophet Of The Religion Of Peace, but “Westerners just don’t like them.” Are you fucking kidding me??

First of all…the World Trade Center was destroyed and thousands of people were murdered by Islamic Fundamentalists. We don’t know what else they have in common…but they were all Islamic Fundamentalists. So yeah…forgive the U.S. (who didn’t draw or publish the fucking cartoon that pissed all the fucking fucks off, anyway) if we’re afraid for our fucking lives when it comes to “The Religion Of Peace” and it’s Peaceful Suicide Squads.

And for fuck’s sake, get the sand out of your pussy, Islam. I mean, the religion that refers to the entire American Country and Culture as “The Great Satan” is being taken to task…in fucking Denmark…and it’s The West that is out to get them.

Well yeah. I can’t remember the last time someone walked into the middle of a crowd of innocent civilians and detonated themselves in the name of Jesus H. Christ. I can’t remember the last time a Catholic hijacked a plane to use it as a tool of mass murder against “The Infidels.” I can’t recall prisoners being decapitated in the cellar of my church when my ministers’ demands weren’t met.

So just so I can get my unadulterated take on the record, everyone who wants to yell at me and my country for this can suck my ass. Every Muslim that wants to kill someone over this can and will go to Hell.

I can sympathize with the regular, non terrorist, non murderer Muslims out there who feel that they’ve been disrespected. They have. I sympathize. Unfortunately, if you’re going to allow freedom, you have to allow it for all people, even the idiots.

Idiots outnumber us smarter people and we have to put up with their shit, I’m afraid. I’m sorry that your religious beliefs were shit upon. It happens to me all the time, and I know how you feel. Thank you for not killing anyone as a result of this.

But seriously…the fact that the hypocrites either don’t see or are reveling in their hypocrisy is just ridiculous, and I can’t not speak about it anymore. Luckily for them, I’m not the same way about idiots and hypocrites as Islamic Fundamentalists are about…me.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Feb 2006, 03:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to pyXL

Apparently I have to spread some rep around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
So a week ago a cartoon was published that depicted the prophet Muhammad as a terrorist…
Incorrect. It was first published in September. Sep-fucking-tember. That just makes this over-reaction to the cartoons now even more ridiculous.
Old 15 Feb 2006, 08:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyXL
Apparently I have to spread some rep around.
Yeah...of course if I hadn't made that "steel wool" comment in gfx...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyXL
Incorrect. It was first published in September. Sep-fucking-tember. That just makes this over-reaction to the cartoons now even more ridiculous.

Wow...those bitches are more whiney and stupid than I originally thought!!

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote