ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

Cartoon Riots

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Feb 2006, 12:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade
Default Cartoon Riots

Hezbollah Leader to Bush: 'Shut Up' By SAM F. GHATTAS, Associated Press Writer
15 minutes ago

BEIRUT, Lebanon - The leader of Hezbollah, heading a march by hundreds of thousands of Shiite Muslims Thursday, said President Bush and his secretary of state should "shut up" after they accused Syria and Iran of fueling protests over cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Denmark, meanwhile, said it had temporarily closed its diplomatic mission in Beirut, which was burned by protesters Sunday, and all staff had left Lebanon.

Danes feared religious processions in Muslim countries Thursday to mark the Shiite festival of Ashoura would spill over into violence against its diplomats and soldiers after days of protests over the caricatures, which were first published in a Danish newspaper in September.

About 2,000 hard-line Muslims also rallied and burned a Danish flag Thursday in the Bangladeshi capital of Dhaka.

In Beirut, Hezbollah leader Sheik Hassan Nasrallah urged Muslims worldwide to keep demonstrating until there is an apology over the drawings and Europe passes laws forbidding insults to the prophet.

The head of the guerrilla group, which is backed by Iran and Syria, spoke before a mass Ashoura procession. Whipping up the crowds on the most solemn day for Shiites worldwide, Nasrallah declared:

"Defending the prophet should continue all over the world. Let Condoleezza Rice and Bush and all the tyrants shut up. We are an Islamic nation that cannot tolerate, be silent or be lax when they insult our prophet and sanctities."

"We will uphold the messenger of God not only by our voices but also by our blood," he told the crowds, estimated by organizers at about 700,000. Police had no final estimates but said the figure was likely to be even higher.

Speaking about the controversy for the first time on Wednesday, Bush condemned the deadly rioting sparked by the cartoons and urged foreign leaders to halt the spreading violence. Rice said Iran and Syria "have gone out of their way to inflame sentiments and to use this to their own purposes. And the world ought to call them on it."

Iran has rejected the U.S. accusations. Syria has not commented publicly.

In protests throughout the Muslim world, demonstrators who saw the drawings as deeply insulting to Islam have attacked embassies in Syria, Lebanon and Iran and rioted in Afghanistan. Islam is interpreted to forbid any illustrations of the prophet.

Jyllands-Posten, the Danish paper that first published the drawings, apologized last week for offending Muslims but stood by its decision to print the cartoons, citing freedom of speech.

Other European publications recently reprinted the drawings, which included an image of Muhammad wearing a bomb-shaped with a burning fuse, in a show of solidarity.

Denmark's government has said it could not apologize over a newspaper's publication.

In Brussels, Belgium, Mohamed Ahmed Sherif, chairman of the Libyan-based World Islamic Call Society, said Muslims see the drawings as a direct attack on their values and called the decision to print them in European newspapers a "hate program."

Sherif, speaking during a visit Brussels where he met European Union officials, said the cartoons only serve to fuel extremism.

"Nobody should blame the Muslims if they are unhappy about the images of the Prophet Muhammad," Sherif said. "It's forbidden to create a hate program to show that the prophet is a terrorist while he's not. Don't ask us to try to make people understand that this is not a campaign of hate."

Nasrallah, a black-turbaned, bearded cleric, demanded an apology for the cartoons and laws to prevent a repetition.

"There can be no settlement before an apology and there can be no settlement before laws are legislated by the European Parliament and the parliaments of European countries," he said.

Islamic nations should demand "a law committing the press and the media in the West that proscribes insulting our prophet. If this matter cannot be achieved that means they (West) insist on continuing this," he added.

Nasrallah said that if the controversy touched on Jews or Israel the West would have reacted differently and quickly.

In Denmark, the Danish Broadcasting Corp., or DR, said its journalists in Beirut had been warned to stay away from the Shiite Ashoura ceremonies. "It has become more difficult to be a Danish reporter in the Middle East," Lisbet Knudsen, head of DR's news desk said.

The Bangladeshi protesters — most members of the hard-line group, Islamic Constitution Movement — marched through the streets outside the country's main mosque in downtown Dhaka shouting, "Down with Islam's Enemies!" police said.

"We can't tolerate such disrespect to our prophet. It's a shameful act. We condemn it," A.T.M. Hemayetuddin, a movement leader, told supporters.

In the capital of Indian-controlled Kashmir, about 200 people turned an Islamic procession into a protest against the prophet drawings, shouting "Down with Denmark" and "Down with Israel." Senior Superintendent of Police Muneer Khan said 25 people were arrested as police beat back angry demonstrators.

Malaysia's government Thursday indefinitely shut down a local newspaper for reprinting one of the drawings.

================================================== =======

Is this a case of Muslims going overboard or the press pouring gas on a fire?
Old 09 Feb 2006, 12:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to pyXL

Both. While I firmly believe that he press should have Freedom of Expression, they need to be responsible. But Muslims need to stop being so fucking sensitive and realise that they don't have any immunity to harmless ridicule, just as Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddists, Satanists, atheists etc. get made fun of every day.
Old 09 Feb 2006, 01:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!™

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyXL
Both. While I firmly believe that he press should have Freedom of Expression, they need to be responsible. But Muslims need to stop being so fucking sensitive and realise that they don't have any immunity to harmless ridicule, just as Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddists, Satanists, atheists etc. get made fun of every day.
ULULULULULULULU!!!

BEHEAD THE INFIDEL!!!

Here's some pics for you kids:

http://news.yahoo.com/photo/060203/i...J2BHNlYwNzc3M-

http://news.yahoo.com/photo/060203/i...J2BHNlYwNzc3M-

http://news.yahoo.com/photo/060203/4...J2BHNlYwNzc3M-

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/even...ons&curPhoto=1
^Just the first few in that gallery are relevant.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Feb 2006, 01:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelbond
The "Freedom Go To Hell" sign is just...wow
Old 09 Feb 2006, 01:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!™

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dade Cornell
The "Freedom Go To Hell" sign is just...wow
Yeah, no kidding. But hey, when you're wacky enough to set fire to buildings over fucking CARTOONS you've got to say something totally stupid to accompany it.

Notice all the outrage over this... and how comparitively small the reaction is to the same fundimentalists brutally decapitating American citizens. I something like that would make people go apeshit around here... but we're too busy being spoiled, decadent, fat, and ignorant to how shitty the world is outside our bubble.
Old 09 Feb 2006, 01:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Funny thing is that this type of reaction was not seen when the Jihad killed thousands of Muslims. And you don't seem them protesting because the current goverment has them on a choke hold and they don't do shit about it.

Muslims are hypocrites who preach their so called peace while they ceer for voilence left and right.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Feb 2006, 01:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!™

Why liberals try so hard to protect muslims is beyond me... the muslims go against everything that liberals stand for... except christianity and Isreal. They see eye to eye there.

Here's a cartoon for you:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg islam1.jpg (124.9 KB, 33 views)
Old 09 Feb 2006, 02:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelbond
What?

That just proves my point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancher
Muslims are hypocrites who preach their so called peace while they ceer for voilence left and right.
Some Muslims are hypocrites. As are some Christians, Jews, atheists etc.

Don't stereotype!
Old 09 Feb 2006, 02:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

I just hope you all realize that not all muslims are like this. I had a friend who was muslim, and he in no way acted like or believed what these idiots burning buildings over a cartoon believe.

But as for those who ARE burning buildings over a cartoon, they need to calm the fuck down. I believe they should take a look around, and realize that they are the only ones taking this kind of shit THAT seriously. Its a cartoon, a joke, a gag, but apparantly they don't get that.

Can you imagine what would happen if all the Republicans started rioting in the streets every time someone made fun of Bush? Or if the British started shooting people because someone poked fun at the queen? The world would be full of chaos, and disarray.

And thank you pyxl for your last post.
Old 09 Feb 2006, 03:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!™

Quote:
What?

That just proves my point...
I know... the whole beheading deal was a joke.
Old 09 Feb 2006, 05:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

I also find it funny how they decided to blame the U.S., and charge a MILITARY INSTITUTE.

Dumbasses
Old 09 Feb 2006, 05:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
I also find it funny how they decided to blame the U.S., and charge a MILITARY INSTITUTE.

Dumbasses
Yeah, some Muslims are using this as an illogical excuse to attack the whole Western society. Dickheads.
Old 09 Feb 2006, 05:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Quote:
Yeah, some Muslims are using this as an illogical excuse to attack the whole Western society. Dickheads.
Did you hear how some of them said they went after the US because they are, "the leader of Europe"?

Last I checked the United States was like, 3,000 somthing miles away from Europe. They could use a geography lesson.
Old 10 Feb 2006, 01:30 AM   #14 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Yep...winners.

BTW - Below you'll read and see why I love Ann Coulter.

CALVIN AND HOBBES -- AND MUHAMMAD
By Ann Coulter
Wed Feb 8, 8:16 PM ET

As my regular readers know, I've long been skeptical of the "Religion of Peace" moniker for Muslims -- for at least 3,000 reasons right off the top of my head. I think the evidence is going my way this week.

The culture editor of a newspaper in Denmark suspected writers and cartoonists were engaging in self-censorship when it came to the Religion of Peace. It was subtle things, like a Danish comedian's statement, paraphrased by The New York Times, "that he had no problem urinating on the Bible but that he would not dare do the same to the Quran."

So, after verifying that his life insurance premiums were paid up, the editor expressly requested cartoons of Muhammad from every cartoonist with a Danish cartoon syndicate. Out of 40 cartoonists, only 10 accepted the invitation, most of them submitting utterly neutral drawings with no political content whatsoever.

But three cartoons made political points.

One showed Muhammad turning away suicide bombers from the gates of heaven, saying "Stop, stop -- we ran out of virgins!" -- which I believe was a commentary on Muslims' predilection for violence. Another was a cartoon of Muhammad with horns, which I believe was a commentary on Muslims' predilection for violence. The third showed Muhammad with a turban in the shape of a bomb, which I believe was an expression of post-industrial ennui in a secular -- oops, no, wait: It was more of a commentary on Muslims' predilection for violence.

In order to express their displeasure with the idea that Muslims are violent, thousands of Muslims around the world engaged in rioting, arson, mob savagery, flag-burning, murder and mayhem, among other peaceful acts of nonviolence.

Muslims are the only people who make feminists seem laid-back.

The little darlings brandish placards with typical Religion of Peace slogans, such as: "Behead Those Who Insult Islam," "Europe, you will pay, extermination is on the way" and "Butcher those who mock Islam." They warn Europe of their own impending 9/11 with signs that say: "Europe: Your 9/11 will come" -- which is ironic, because they almost had me convinced the Jews were behind the 9/11 attack.

The rioting Muslims claim they are upset because Islam prohibits any depictions of Muhammad -- though the text is ambiguous on beheadings, suicide bombings and flying planes into skyscrapers.

The belief that Islam forbids portrayals of Muhammad is recently acquired. Back when Muslims created things, rather than blowing them up, they made paintings, frescoes, miniatures and prints of Muhammad.

But apparently the Quran is like the Constitution: It's a "living document," capable of sprouting all-new provisions at will. Muslims ought to start claiming the Quran also prohibits indoor plumbing, to explain their lack of it.

Other interpretations of the Quran forbid images of humans or animals, which makes even a child's coloring book blasphemous. That's why the Taliban blew up those priceless Buddhist statues, bless their innocent, peace-loving little hearts.

Largely unnoticed in this spectacle is the blinding fact that one nation is missing from the long list of Muslim countries (by which I mean France and England) with hundreds of crazy Muslims experiencing bipolar rage over some cartoons: Iraq. Hey -- maybe this democracy thing does work! The barbaric behavior of Europe's Muslims suggests that the European welfare state may not be attracting your top-notch Muslims.

Making the rash assumption for purposes of discussion that Islam is a religion and not a car-burning cult, even a real religion can't go bossing around other people like this.

Catholics aren't short on rules, but they couldn't care less if non-Catholics use birth control. Conservative Jews have no interest in forbidding other people from mixing meat and dairy. Protestants don't make a peep about other people eating food off one another's plates. (Just stay away from our plates -- that's disgusting.)

But Muslims think they can issue decrees about what images can appear in newspaper cartoons. Who do they think they are, liberals?
================================================== ==

Fuck 'em. Got a problem?? Let me QFE then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Coulter
In order to express their displeasure with the idea that Muslims are violent, thousands of Muslims around the world engaged in rioting, arson, mob savagery, flag-burning, murder and mayhem, among other peaceful acts of nonviolence.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.

Last edited by The Glue; 10 Feb 2006 at 12:55 PM.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2006, 03:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
Heavyweight

^^^Lmfao. That would be like Detroit trying to get rid of it's image by enguaging in another malace at the palace.