ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

Looks like the conservatives are in power now...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Jan 2006, 11:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default Looks like the conservatives are in power now...

So it looks as like there is going to be a new government here in Canada. What changes should I expect? Big ones? Small ones?
Old 23 Jan 2006, 11:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!™

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Question: Are Canadian party platforms followed as strictly there as they are in Great Britain?
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2006, 11:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn
Question: Are Canadian party platforms followed as strictly there as they are in Great Britain?
No idea.
Old 24 Jan 2006, 12:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

I voted Liberal...though was tempted to vote NDP this time around....

BTW looks like its gonna be a Tory minority govt this time...good news is that means there will most likely be yet another election in about a year and a half since usually minority govts here only last that long till another election is called..

Bad news is, untill then we have to put up with these over restrictive torries, and Harper...so for now we're fucked...
Old 24 Jan 2006, 12:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wanderer
I voted Liberal...though was tempted to vote NDP this time around....

BTW looks like its gonna be a Tory minority govt this time...good news is that means there will most likely be yet another election in about a year and a half since usually minority govts here only last that long till another election is called..

Bad news is, untill then we have to put up with these over restrictive torries, and Harper...so for now we're fucked...
So whats the difference. Like I don't follow politics whatsoever. So can you explain?
Old 24 Jan 2006, 12:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Sucks ass for Canada's legalization movement.

I don't expect them to be in power too long tho...from what I read and the few Canadian friends that I talk to I've assessed that Harper and the Conservatives aren't trusted much more then Martin and the Liberals. Some of them feel that the Libs needed to lose an election so they can get this shit together. Does anyone have the numbers? I'm wondering if the NDP gained any ground this time around.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jan 2006, 12:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by xer0
Sucks ass for Canada's legalization movement.

I don't expect them to be in power too long tho...from what I read and the few Canadian friends that I talk to I've assessed that Harper and the Conservatives aren't trusted much more then Martin and the Liberals. Some of them feel that the Libs needed to lose an election so they can get this shit together. Does anyone have the numbers? I'm wondering if the NDP gained any ground this time around.
I don't know if the NDP grained any ground from the last election. But as of right now the numbers look like this:

Con: 124
Libs: 103
Block: 51
NDP: 29
Other: 1
Old 24 Jan 2006, 12:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

I like Stephen Harper. Layton rocks, but on a diffrent level.
Old 24 Jan 2006, 12:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to pyXL

My condolences, Rebel.

When Margaret Thatcher clawed her way to the top in the UK...about twenty to thirty years ago, I think...she fucked up the NHS...and the school system...and the whole benefits system...and also demanded a ridiculous rebate from the EU (which Britain still recieves despite being possibly the richest country in Europe now)...and she did a lot of other messed up stuff...and then the next Conservative leader was minutes away from crushing the UK economy...

So...yeah, have fun with that.
Old 24 Jan 2006, 12:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by xer0
I'm wondering if the NDP gained any ground this time around.
The NDP gained 10 more seats from last election.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyXL
My condolences, Rebel.

When Margaret Thatcher clawed her way to the top in the UK...about twenty to thirty years ago, I think...she fucked up the NHS...and the school system...and the whole benefits system...and also demanded a ridiculous rebate from the EU (which Britain still recieves despite being possibly the richest country in Europe now)...and she did a lot of other messed up stuff...and then the next Conservative leader was minutes away from crushing the UK economy...

So...yeah, have fun with that.
Well I can't really say to much because I don't know anything about them. But from what I heard on TV they can't do alot of stupid things since they are a minority government. So i'm not to worried.
Old 24 Jan 2006, 01:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel
The NDP gained 10 more seats from last election.
That's good news.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jan 2006, 10:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Igloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Igloo

Martin resigned. I wonder who will be running for leadership of the Libs.

I voted for the NDP, although my riding ended up going Cons.
Igloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jan 2006, 11:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel
So whats the difference. Like I don't follow politics whatsoever. So can you explain?
When you say diffrence you mean between the Torries and the Liberals? (and NDP for that matter?)

Well here it is in a nutshell (moreorless) Everyone else thats curious about this heres what I got:

The Conservtives(Torries): Pretty much self explanitory in the name..the right-wing party of the great true north. In some ways however, not quite as right-winged as say...the current Repulicans down south, but enough for Harper being nicknamed "Bush-Lite".

The Liberals: Like the Democrats down south, they are the marginal Left-winged party for the Canucks. No where near as good as they were during Turdeau's era, but thats what you have there.

The New Democrat Party(NDP): Called the 3rd option at times, they are the Soicalist party for Canada...much more left wing than the Liberals but not enough to be considered comunist..I guess..

oh yes I can't forget...
The Bloc: Qubec's own provincal party on a federal...all you guys need to know they only hold seats in Qubec and have preached Sovertey from the rest of Canada...but to no avail...

Now for the current election results:
Since it seems that the Torries did win alot of seats in most parts of western Canada, (like the parries proviences and the cities therein save one) They failed to crack all of the larger cities in Canada..(Vancover, Montreal, and espically Toronto). It would seem its the rual areas of Canada, vs the urban areas..and alas they have more seats in Parlament that most of the rest of Canada..mainly due to the density and population of those areas, therefore it is key to get those seats in order to get a majority party. Right now Torries may have the most seats, but not my much compared to the liberals. Add the NDP to the mix and they have less...

Traditionaly minority rule has NEVER lasted longer that 2 years in Canada, not without another call to another election. So don't be surprised that we play this song and dance by late 2008-2009...

Personally I'm a little concerned with how the Torries will do with Healthcare, Social Servies, and US relations...then again, they will have a hard time getting things passed in Parlament if the Liberals and NDP gang up on em...guess we'll wait and see.

Well hope this sheds some light with you all...questions?
Old 24 Jan 2006, 11:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igloo
Martin resigned. I wonder who will be running for leadership of the Libs.
I know alot want Belendia Stronach to run....that would be interesting...considering her switch from Torrie Blue to Liberal Red...
Old 25 Jan 2006, 12:05 AM   #15 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
When you say diffrence you mean between the Torries and the Liberals? (and NDP for that matter?)

Well here it is in a nutshell (moreorless) Everyone else thats curious about this heres what I got:

The Conservtives(Torries): Pretty much self explanitory in the name..the right-wing party of the great true north. In some ways however, not quite as right-winged as say...the current Repulicans down south, but enough for Harper being nicknamed "Bush-Lite".

The Liberals: Like the Democrats down south, they are the marginal Left-winged party for the Canucks. No where near as good as they were during Turdeau's era, but thats what you have there.

The New Democrat Party(NDP): Called the 3rd option at times, they are the Soicalist party for Canada...much more left wing than the Liberals but not enough to be considered comunist..I guess..

oh yes I can't forget...
The Bloc: Qubec's own provincal party on a federal...all you guys need to know they only hold seats in Qubec and have preached Sovertey from the rest of Canada...but to no avail...

Now for the current election results:
Since it seems that the Torries did win alot of seats in most parts of western Canada, (like the parries proviences and the cities therein save one) They failed to crack all of the larger cities in Canada..(Vancover, Montreal, and espically Toronto). It would seem its the rual areas of Canada, vs the urban areas..and alas they have more seats in Parlament that most of the rest of Canada..mainly due to the density and population of those areas, therefore it is key to get those seats in order to get a majority party. Right now Torries may have the most seats, but not my much compared to the liberals. Add the NDP to the mix and they have less...

Traditionaly minority rule has NEVER lasted longer that 2 years in Canada, not without another call to another election. So don't be surprised that we play this song and dance by late 2008-2009...

Personally I'm a little concerned with how the Torries will do with Healthcare, Social Servies, and US relations...then again, they will have a hard time getting things passed in Parlament if the Liberals and NDP gang up on em...guess we'll wait and see.

Well hope this sheds some light with you all...questions?
Alright thanks alot.

Quote:
I know alot want Belendia Stronach to run....that would be interesting...considering her switch from Torrie Blue to Liberal Red...
She's actually pretty good looking too.