ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

Examples of Liberal Media Bias...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Aug 2005, 06:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default Examples of Liberal Media Bias...

Okay, I just want to have a thread where I can dump portions of articles that demonstrate (to me, at least) the ridiculous Liberal Media Bias. Anyone else who finds other examples please feel free to follow suit. Anyone who finds examples of Conservative Media Bias, please start a similar thread and I'll sticky that too.

Just something I wanted to try out.

Roberts and O'Connor Share Similar Style
By GINA HOLLAND, Associated Press Writer
2 hours, 1 minute ago

WASHINGTON - Supreme Court nominee John Roberts, like Sandra Day O'Connor, is polished and popular, with a warm plainspoken style and surprising pluck.

When it comes to substance, however, the two have differences that will nudge the divided court to the right if, as expected, Roberts is confirmed to succeed the retiring O'Connor.

The differences have been illuminated in thousands of pages of documents from Roberts' time as a Reagan administration lawyer, a Bush administration attorney and a federal appeals court judge. They reveal a man likely to fall in line with his mentor, conservative Chief Justice William H. Rehnquist, more often than O'Connor did during her 24 years on the court.

Although Rehnquist and O'Connor agreed on about three-fourths of the court's cases, they parted company on some of the hottest issues. With O'Connor's departure, the court is divided 4-4 on abortion restrictions, campaign finance limits, discrimination laws, and religion.
================================================== ========

Lmfao..."the hottest issues...abortion restrictions, campaign finance, discrimination laws and religion." Yeah, let's see abortion restrictions...partial birth abortion is illegal, kids under the age of 18 have to have parental consent, and it's not a medical service that the government pays for...those aren't issues. Tell me what's wrong with any of that, and I'll tell you that you're being a moron.

Campaign finance...hilarious...Bush and the Republicans want to outlaw Soft Money...but the Left wouldn't be able to afford to campaign legally without Soft Money, so I guess that's what the big difference is. Nice...losers.

Discrimination Laws...uhh, discrimination is illegal. What else do you want??

Religion...a county doesn't have the authority to decorate its courthouse as its representatives and it's constituency see fit...nice. A sculpture of the Ten Commandments in front of an Alabama Courthouse offends some faggots over in San Francisco so they have to take it down...how the fuck is that an issue, let alone a "hot" issue??

These fucking Libs kill me. More to come.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Aug 2005, 07:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Well, you could just post a link to the NY times and be done with it.
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Aug 2005, 07:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Are you putting converstives too.

Hey there are wackos on both sides of the fence.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Aug 2005, 08:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

I heard some dumbass newswoman ask someone aiding the relief efforts in New Orleans, "Is there a communications breakdown in New Orleans right now?" It was funny too, because you could tell the guy reporting just wanted to go, "No fucking shit you dumbfuck!"

Does that count?
Old 31 Aug 2005, 08:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo
Well, you could just post a link to the NY times and be done with it.
Yeah, I know, but I want specific examples outside of the obvious. Besides, half the NY Times' stuff is fabricated anyway, so they don't really count anymore. Unless of course you're talking to a Liberal, who doesn't even acknowledge the fact that the NYT is a rag full of lies...

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 31 Aug 2005, 08:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Tooth
Are you putting converstives too.

Hey there are wackos on both sides of the fence.
Read my whole post, Tooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
Anyone who finds examples of Conservative Media Bias, please start a similar thread and I'll sticky that too.

Late.

Old 31 Aug 2005, 08:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Well then if we are looking for conservatives who lost a few nuts we can start with the Ultimate Warrior.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Aug 2005, 08:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Tooth
Well then if we are looking for conservatives who lost a few nuts we can start with the Ultimate Warrior.
Well, I'm looking for accredited media sources that show bias...opinion columnists are out though, so Ixnay on the Reilly O Billsnay. I won't have any of that bitch Molly Ivins up either... *hatethebitchdiediedie*

If you find something, start the thread. I'll sticky it. It's not like MOTM is bursting with content these days...

Late.

Old 01 Sep 2005, 12:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Hurricane Politics As Katrina forced President Bush to cut short his vacation, the White House is facing a perfect storm of trouble at home and abroad.

By Richard Wolffe and Holly Bailey
Newsweek
Updated: 10:54 p.m. ET Aug. 31, 2005
Aug. 31, 2005 - On Tuesday, President Bush called an abrupt end to his five-week “working vacation” at his Texas ranch and announced he would return to the White House two days early to oversee federal response to the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. “These are trying times for the people of these communities,” Bush said Tuesday during a visit to a naval base in San Diego. “We have a lot of work to do.”

Later this week, Bush is expected to travel to the affected region, where his poll numbers have taken a hit over concerns about the war. In Louisiana, more than a quarter of the state’s National Guard troops are currently in Iraq—a stat that had local officials concerned considering the role the guard typically plays in helping the state weather such storms. A Survey USA poll released earlier this month found Bush’s approval rating in Louisiana had dipped to 48 percent—down 5 points since July.

Beyond the poll numbers, the Bush administration faces some immediate, urgent challenges—and serious questions about its response to the disaster. For all the president’s statements ahead of the hurricane, the region seemed woefully unprepared for the flooding of New Orleans—a catastrophe that has long been predicted by experts and politicians alike. There seems to have been no contingency planning for a total evacuation of the city, including the final refuges of the city’s Superdome and its hospitals. There were no supplies of food and water ready offshore—on Navy ships for instance—in the event of such flooding, even though government officials knew there were thousands of people stranded inside the sweltering and powerless city.

Then there’s the speed of the Bush administration’s response to such disasters. Just one week ago the White House declared that a major disaster existed in Louisiana, specifically most of the areas (such as Jefferson Parish) that are now under water. Was the White House psychic about the disaster ahead? Not exactly. In fact the major disaster referred to Tropical Storm Cindy, which struck the state a full seven weeks earlier. That announcement triggered federal aid for the stricken areas, where the clean-up had been on hold for almost two months while the White House chewed things over.

Now, faced with a far bigger and deadlier disaster, the Bush administration faces at least two difficult questions: Was it ready to deal with the long-predicted flooding of New Orleans? And is it ready to deal with the long-predicted terrorist attack that might some day strike another of our big cities?

Uhh, why does anyone think Bush cares about the polls?? Why do they continue to harp on the polls?? Bush hasn't led in any freaking poll ever, and last I checked, he was a second term President, not one year removed from mopping up the last election, and he doesn't have to worry about getting elected again.

Shut the fuck up about the fucking polls. Noone but you dumbass self important Liberal bitches cares about the polls. The only reason you care about the polls is because it's only in those skewed, made to order polls that Liberals can actually make it look like their opinion matters. Bush never gave a fuck about the polls before...he's never again running for public office, so I'm guessing he gives even less of a fuck now.

Get over it. Bush won. Jesus Christ...losers.

Late.

Old 01 Sep 2005, 12:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to pyXL

Umm...well, the Ten Commandments are a Biblical symbol. I thought your country's government kept seperate from the Church?

And now for my main post...

Examples of General Republic Bias

Quote:
Okay, I just want to have a thread where I can dump portions of articles that demonstrate (to me, at least) the ridiculous Liberal Media Bias. Anyone else who finds other examples please feel free to follow suit. Anyone who finds examples of Conservative Media Bias, please start a similar thread and I'll sticky that too.

Just something I wanted to try out.

Roberts and O'Connor Share Similar Style
By GINA HOLLAND, Associated Press Writer
2 hours, 1 minute ago

WASHINGTON - Supreme Court nominee John Roberts, like Sandra Day O'Connor, is polished and popular, with a warm plainspoken style and surprising pluck.

When it comes to substance, however, the two have differences that will nudge the divided court to the right if, as expected, Roberts is confirmed to succeed the retiring O'Connor.

The differences have been illuminated in thousands of pages of documents from Roberts' time as a Reagan administration lawyer, a Bush administration attorney and a federal appeals court judge. They reveal a man likely to fall in line with his mentor, conservative Chief Justice William H. Rehnquist, more often than O'Connor did during her 24 years on the court.

Although Rehnquist and O'Connor agreed on about three-fourths of the court's cases, they parted company on some of the hottest issues. With O'Connor's departure, the court is divided 4-4 on abortion restrictions, campaign finance limits, discrimination laws, and religion.

Lmfao..."the hottest issues...abortion restrictions, campaign finance, discrimination laws and religion." Yeah, let's see abortion restrictions...partial birth abortion is illegal, kids under the age of 18 have to have parental consent, and it's not a medical service that the government pays for...those aren't issues. Tell me what's wrong with any of that, and I'll tell you that you're being a moron.

Campaign finance...hilarious...Bush and the Republicans want to outlaw Soft Money...but the Left wouldn't be able to afford to campaign legally without Soft Money, so I guess that's what the big difference is. Nice...losers.

Discrimination Laws...uhh, discrimination is illegal. What else do you want??

Religion...a county doesn't have the authority to decorate its courthouse as its representatives and it's constituency see fit...nice. A sculpture of the Ten Commandments in front of an Alabama Courthouse offends some faggots over in San Francisco so they have to take it down...how the fuck is that an issue, let alone a "hot" issue??

These fucking Libs kill me. More to come.

Late.
More to come.

Quote:
Hurricane Politics As Katrina forced President Bush to cut short his vacation, the White House is facing a perfect storm of trouble at home and abroad.

By Richard Wolffe and Holly Bailey
Newsweek
Updated: 10:54 p.m. ET Aug. 31, 2005
Aug. 31, 2005 - On Tuesday, President Bush called an abrupt end to his five-week “working vacation” at his Texas ranch and announced he would return to the White House two days early to oversee federal response to the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. “These are trying times for the people of these communities,” Bush said Tuesday during a visit to a naval base in San Diego. “We have a lot of work to do.”

Later this week, Bush is expected to travel to the affected region, where his poll numbers have taken a hit over concerns about the war. In Louisiana, more than a quarter of the state’s National Guard troops are currently in Iraq—a stat that had local officials concerned considering the role the guard typically plays in helping the state weather such storms. A Survey USA poll released earlier this month found Bush’s approval rating in Louisiana had dipped to 48 percent—down 5 points since July.

Beyond the poll numbers, the Bush administration faces some immediate, urgent challenges—and serious questions about its response to the disaster. For all the president’s statements ahead of the hurricane, the region seemed woefully unprepared for the flooding of New Orleans—a catastrophe that has long been predicted by experts and politicians alike. There seems to have been no contingency planning for a total evacuation of the city, including the final refuges of the city’s Superdome and its hospitals. There were no supplies of food and water ready offshore—on Navy ships for instance—in the event of such flooding, even though government officials knew there were thousands of people stranded inside the sweltering and powerless city.

Then there’s the speed of the Bush administration’s response to such disasters. Just one week ago the White House declared that a major disaster existed in Louisiana, specifically most of the areas (such as Jefferson Parish) that are now under water. Was the White House psychic about the disaster ahead? Not exactly. In fact the major disaster referred to Tropical Storm Cindy, which struck the state a full seven weeks earlier. That announcement triggered federal aid for the stricken areas, where the clean-up had been on hold for almost two months while the White House chewed things over.

Now, faced with a far bigger and deadlier disaster, the Bush administration faces at least two difficult questions: Was it ready to deal with the long-predicted flooding of New Orleans? And is it ready to deal with the long-predicted terrorist attack that might some day strike another of our big cities?

Uhh, why does anyone think Bush cares about the polls?? Why do they continue to harp on the polls?? Bush hasn't led in any freaking poll ever, and last I checked, he was a second term President, not one year removed from mopping up the last election, and he doesn't have to worry about getting elected again.

Shut the fuck up about the fucking polls. Noone but you dumbass self important Liberal bitches cares about the polls. The only reason you care about the polls is because it's only in those skewed, made to order polls that Liberals can actually make it look like their opinion matters. Bush never gave a fuck about the polls before...he's never again running for public office, so I'm guessing he gives even less of a fuck now.

Get over it. Bush won. Jesus Christ...losers.

Late.
Old 01 Sep 2005, 03:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
16 Time World Champion

Ric Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of Famer

All Im going to say is this...

it is impossible to remove nay bias from your article as a writer. So why bother? people get all pissed off at there being bias etc. but in reality, why doesnt everyone just say what they thhink and be done with it?

Its pointless to write and not write your thoughts...no matter what they may be.

Quote:
I dunno...it's the"I'm better than you and I'm not even gonna shout it, yell it or overstate it, I'm fuckin Naitch goddamn it and all I really got to say is ......wooooooooooo!!!!!" pic of Ric
Ric Flair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Sep 2005, 06:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyXL
Umm...well, the Ten Commandments are a Biblical symbol. I thought your country's government kept seperate from the Church?

And now for my main post...

Examples of General Republic Bias

More to come.
Hooray!! I'm a legit media source for pyXL!!

Just to clear the air, I'm talking published journalists. I happen to be a published journalist, but my work for the The Finger Lakes Browns Backers Newsletter doesn't really count as to what I am looking for. Real, honest to goodness news sources.

Also, I left instructions for people who want to outline Conservative Media Bias to make a seperate thread for me to sticky.

Read, people...read.

BTW...I don't really know how a sculpture that is outside a courthouse affects the government of Alabama or how it's run. I don't know how a symbolic sculpture serves as anything other than a symbol, but if you've got that figured out pyXL, maybe you could share it with the rest of us.

Late.

Last edited by The Glue; 01 Sep 2005 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02 Sep 2005, 12:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK

Quote:
BTW...I don't really know how a sculpture that is outside a courthouse affects the government of Alabama or how it's run. I don't know how a symbolic sculpture serves as anything other than a symbol, but if you've got that figured out pyXL, maybe you could share it with the rest of us.
The Ten Commandments are a religious symbol! There shouldn't be any religious symbols in a court. You're not being put before a god in a court, so there's no need for a sculpture of the Ten Commandments.

Also, I'm not counting you a 'legit media source'. Didn't you see my slightly changed title of 'GENERAL Republic Bias'.

Read, people...read.

And I did see your request for something like this to be made in a new thread, but Trev would be pissed if I made a new thread just to quote you.
Old 02 Sep 2005, 02:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!™

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyXL
The Ten Commandments are a religious symbol! There shouldn't be any religious symbols in a court. You're not being put before a god in a court, so there's no need for a sculpture of the Ten Commandments.
The Ten Commandments are the basis for every western code of law ever written. That's just an unavoidable fact. You can look at the bible as literature of God's word... that's up to you. You can't change that it exists or that it is what western society is based on.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2005, 03:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelbond
The Ten Commandments are the basis for every western code of law ever written. That's just an unavoidable fact. You can look at the bible as literature of God's word... that's up to you. You can't change that it exists or that it is what western society is based on.
So in your constitution it demands that you should do nothing on a Sunday, not be jealous of your neighbour's fine looking wife or respect your parents? What's the sentences of those?