ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

Why San Francisco is the Nation's Laughing Stock...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Jul 2005, 04:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond
Default Why San Francisco is the Nation's Laughing Stock...

Quote:
SAN FRANCISCO
Baring their anti-war feelings
Fighting in Iraq is indecent, not their nakedness, they say

Meredith May, Chronicle Staff Writer

Friday, July 1, 2005

A dozen anti-war activists from Mendocino County took their tops off at high noon in San Francisco's Union Square shopping district Thursday, using what they said was their best weapon to get the public's attention.

Within seconds, a motorized cable car packed with tourists stopped in front of Macy's so the out-of-towners could get a better look.

"Whoa, get out your cameras and cover your children's eyes," said the driver.

"Remember, folks, this is San Francisco," he said. "We let it all hang out here."

Members of the Breasts Not Bombs contingent, which included seven women, three men and two young girls, said the war in Iraq is indecent, not their nakedness.

"Boobies never hurt anyone," said Sherry Glaser, size 40DDD.

After more than two years of opposition to the war, protesters are having a hard time grabbing headlines, said Sheba Love, size 40D.

"We're kinda at our wits' end, so it's come to this," Love said. "But it blows me away that all we have to do is bare our skin and we can cause such a snit."

The au naturel protest drew more of a snicker than a snit. They smiled for a crowd of about 50 tourists who took out digital cameras and cell phones to make instant souvenirs.

"Hey! Explain this to me!" said an agog visitor from Florida, approaching San Francisco police Sgt. Carl T., who was assigned to keep an eye on the crowd and who really has only a letter for a last name.

"It's not illegal," the sergeant told the woman.

"All right!" she said, giving him a high-five.

Technically, the sergeant explained, nudity can be considered misdemeanor indecent exposure if the person in their birthday suit has an intention to titillate. Because the protest is political, not sensual or lewd, it really doesn't count, he said.

And it doesn't fall into the category of public nuisance, because it lacks an annoying quality, like the guy who was doing naked yoga at Fisherman's Wharf near a children's school bus stop, he said.

Many San Franciscans eating their lunch in the Union Square park shook their heads and kept on eating or reading.

"God, I hate this city!" said one, rushing away.

Several tourists said the protest irked them not because of the adults, but because Glaser's 9-year-old daughter and the girl's 10-year-old friend, were also bare-chested. The girls brought their half-naked dolls to the protest, too.

"I took a picture but made sure the girls weren't in the frame," said Matt Bigos of Boston, in town for his brother's wedding.

"You can't put that kind of picture on your computer these days ... you'll get busted. I really don't think it's right they have little girls without shirts."

Breasts Not Bombs said they are trying to make people uncomfortable to get their anti-war message across and to also desensitize people to nudity. The group was formed a year ago, after two of Glaser's friends were made to don their shirts after dancing topless at a Mendocino Park Fourth of July party. That sparked a conversation about indecency and cultural shock values.

"We felt breasts are not indecent, but war, and our political leadership, was," said Margaret Howe, who has never had her bust measured.

The group has taken its nude anti-war message to a handful of Mendocino locales and to the offices of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat newspaper. So far, only one official complaint has been filed with police against their group. Union Square was their largest and busiest venue yet. They've even aired a music video on Free Speech TV, with clips from their various demonstrations and set to the tune "I Wanna Be Naked."

Although they are not the same activists who strip nude and form peace symbols or spell out NO WAR with their bodies, they said they share the same message.

"I think what they are doing is great!" said Lindsay Clark, who was selling hot dogs and soft pretzels on the sidewalk outside the entrance to Macy's.

"There are a lot of ignorant people around here who could stand to see this," she said.

Rene Palacios, whose job is to wear a bright red jacket and provide sidewalk "customer service" to Union Square tourists for the Gray Line Tours bus company, spent the lunch hour explaining to newcomers that these types of things happen frequently in San Francisco.

"This is exactly why San Francisco is a great place to be!" he said, laughing. "These unexpected things just happen in an instant, and you never see it coming."

The nipple display certainly surprised Chuck Pollock, who has been panhandling around Union Square for the last decade. But he got into the spirit, lifting his T-shirt for passers-by to make them laugh and drop a few coins in his cup.

"I only see the news about once a month when I save enough to get a hotel room," he said. "What's going on? Is Bush still at war?" he asked.
I hate this town. Got-damn outsiders have ruined it for us natives.

-Trevelbond-
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jul 2005, 04:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelbond
I hate this town. Got-damn outsiders have ruined it for us natives.

-Trevelbond-
That's awesome but you have to remember you live in San Francisco not Mississippi so unfortunately you can't just have those people killed.
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jul 2005, 05:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Gavin
That's awesome but you have to remember you live in San Francisco not Mississippi so unfortunately you can't just have those people killed.
What the fuck are you on?

Who was talking about KILLING people? Arresting, yeah. WTF?
Old 01 Jul 2005, 05:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Quote:
"Whoa, get out your cameras and cover your children's eyes," said the driver.

"Remember, folks, this is San Francisco," he said. "We let it all hang out here."
This, says it all.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jul 2005, 05:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

Quote:
What the fuck are you on?

Who was talking about KILLING people? Arresting, yeah. WTF?
I was just making a point that technically you do live in a Liberal "Blue" state so more anit-war protests will be present especially in a town like San Francisco and it's the same when you go to Boston.....I think those people were trying way too hard to draw attention to themselves when just staging a regular protest would of been good enough.
Old 01 Jul 2005, 05:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
16 Time World Champion

Ric Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of Famer

San francisco, is one of my favorite places to go. The damn tourists have made it a shell of its former self, but the spirit of the town lives on. San francisco used to be a special palce to be a part of. You could strike sparks anywhere, at any hour, there was a unviersal sense that anything was okay, that we would win...not in a military sense but in spirit...and now, less that ten years later, you can go there and look at it, and with the right kind of ears, you can still hear the spirit of freedom...

Goddamned tourists...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
I dunno...it's the"I'm better than you and I'm not even gonna shout it, yell it or overstate it, I'm fuckin Naitch goddamn it and all I really got to say is ......wooooooooooo!!!!!" pic of Ric
Ric Flair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jul 2005, 05:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Gavin
I was just making a point that technically you do live in a Liberal "Blue" state so more anit-war protests will be present especially in a town like San Francisco and it's the same when you go to Boston.....I think those people were trying way too hard to draw attention to themselves when just staging a regular protest would of been good enough.
So you accuse me of wanting to have people executed for public nudity?

Allright. Whatever.
Old 01 Jul 2005, 05:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

Quote:

Allright. Whatever.
Just pat him on the head and give him something shiny, Trev.
Old 01 Jul 2005, 06:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

Quote:

Allright. Whatever.
I think the one's between the ages of 18-30 should be left alone but that women over 40 should be atleast arrested....Plus that first post was called sarcasm, anybody with a mind here at Meeting of The Minds should be able to see right through that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dade
Just pat him on the head and give him something shiny, Trev.
Yayyy....Can I have a nickel Dadey can I? Can I? Please? Dauhhh I want to buy some candy......

Again Sarcasm.....Here's some more info for you from Dictionary.com:

Quote:
Sarcasm
A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule

Last edited by BOSTON; 01 Jul 2005 at 06:25 PM.
Old 02 Jul 2005, 12:03 AM   #10 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Trev,why would you be doing this:
Quote:
And it doesn't fall into the category of public nuisance, because it lacks an annoying quality, like the guy who was doing naked yoga at Fisherman's Wharf near a children's school bus stop, he said.
Then say this

Quote:
"God, I hate this city!" said one, rushing away.

STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jul 2005, 07:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
San francisco, is one of my favorite places to go. The damn tourists have made it a shell of its former self, but the spirit of the town lives on. San francisco used to be a special palce to be a part of. You could strike sparks anywhere, at any hour, there was a unviersal sense that anything was okay, that we would win...not in a military sense but in spirit...and now, less that ten years later, you can go there and look at it, and with the right kind of ears, you can still hear the spirit of freedom...

Goddamned tourists...
Ahh, Hashbury. Remember the acid tests with Kenny?? Or when he introduced you to The Angels?? That one party at La Honda was reeeeeaaaaaaally fucked up man. Good times.

Heh...and the time Bill Murray kicked you out for those firecrackers in his living room?? Meh...Where The Buffalo Roam didn't really work, anyway.

Sorry...

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jul 2005, 04:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
16 Time World Champion

Ric Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Ahh, Hashbury. Remember the acid tests with Kenny?? Or when he introduced you to The Angels?? That one party at La Honda was reeeeeaaaaaaally fucked up man. Good times.

Heh...and the time Bill Murray kicked you out for those firecrackers in his living room?? Meh...Where The Buffalo Roam didn't really work, anyway.

Sorry...

Late.

One of these days, Im going to meet you, and when I do, I will give you what I take and you will have the time of your life...

Quote:
I dunno...it's the"I'm better than you and I'm not even gonna shout it, yell it or overstate it, I'm fuckin Naitch goddamn it and all I really got to say is ......wooooooooooo!!!!!" pic of Ric
Ric Flair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jul 2005, 01:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

So Trev why do you really hate San Francisco? Is it because if the gays, the hippies or the gay hippies?
Old 21 Jul 2005, 02:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

^It's the homeless. They're everywhere, like a fucking disease. The City is doomed because of them, and nobody will do a goddamned thing about it. Instead the city builds monuments to it's failures. If anyone ever needs to see what happens to a city when it is run by liberals, then come to SF and witness the devastation. Come see the self righteous attitude, the holier-than-thou protesters who are open to everything, except people who don't blindly agree with them. They are parrots. They all say the same thing over and over, without a clue as to what they're talking about. The city is corrupt from the mayor, to the city counsel to the police. This is the only city in the world that would elect a DA because she refuses to pursue the death penalty, then act suprised when she doesn't go after cop killers. This is the only city in the world that would activly try to shut down it's financial institutions because nobody else gives a fuck what they have to say. Protesters in SF are only a couple steps away from blowing themselves up. Protesters in The City will walk straight towards a screeming lunitic shouting "ALAH ALAH" with their arms wide open and embrace a terrorist as they blow themselves up. This is a city whose appeals court routinely overturns convictions on the grounds of wearing a button that might have offended the killer. SF is a disgrace in a thousand different ways and it's few remaining redeming qualities are being crushed out in the unyielding name of civil liberty, aka: Anarchy.
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote