ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

Know the enemy...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Jun 2005, 05:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default Know the enemy...

An Annan Deputy Is a Soros Tenant

BY BENNY AVNI - Staff Reporter of the Sun
June 17, 2005

UNITED NATIONS - One asset Mark Malloch Brown brought to the office of chief of staff at the United Nations, where he has served since earlier this year, was his ability to charm both political parties in Washington, D.C. But for some Republicans, a rental arrangement Mr. Malloch Brown set up with financier George Soros could raise red political flags.

Mr. Malloch Brown, a Briton who lived in D.C. while working as a political consultant and later as a World Bank official, moved his family to the New York area two years ago. Looking for a place to rent with his wife, Patricia, and four children, Mr. Malloch Brown turned to his friend Mr. Soros, who offered the house next door to his own in the Westchester County town of Katonah. Mr. Soros owns both properties.

Both sides say Mr. Malloch Brown's $10,000-a-month rent is at market rate for the five-bedroom house on a 4.8-acre lot. In 2001, before Mr. Malloch Brown and his family moved there, it was rented for $12,500 a month, according to the Multiple Listing Service. Mr. Soros's spokesman, Michael Vachon, however, said that unlike Mr. Malloch Brown's arrangement, the previous tenant's rent covered utilities, which currently are paid by Mr. Malloch Brown.

The $120,000 annual rent is almost equal to Mr. Malloch Brown's current annual net salary as undersecretary general - $125,000, according to U.N. records. William Orme, a spokesman for the United Nations Development Program, which Mr. Malloch Brown has headed since 1999, said Mr. Malloch Brown's savings, including those from his time as a political consultant, cover the rent.

The house, on a chic street in Katonah, is Mr. Malloch Brown's primary residence, making for about an hour-and-a-half commute by car to and from Turtle Bay.

"They are good friends," Mr. Orme said of his boss and Mr. Soros. But since both are public figures, they decided to set up the living arrangement as a commercial transaction, rather than a gift," Mr. Orme said.

"There is nothing untoward in this arrangement," Mr. Soros's spokesman, Mr. Vachon, said.

Both parties had good reason to keep the arrangement, as Mr. Vachon put it, "on the up-and-up." The UNDP and the Soros-funded Open Society Institute cooperate on many projects, particularly in Central and Eastern Europe. Any whiff of an exchange of favors would be seized on by the development project's detractors. In America, Mr. Malloch Brown must cultivate ties with Republicans, who dominate Washington, and many among them see Mr. Soros as an enemy.

Living arrangements that smack of gifts have created problems for other public figures. The 1998 nomination of Richard Holbrooke to be President Clinton's U.N. ambassador was held up for almost a year in a Senate confirmation hearing. One reason was the battle over the propriety of Mr. Holbrooke's rent during his time in New York - specifically, the allegation that a former American ambassador to Switzerland, the late Larry Lawrence, paid Mr. Holbrooke's rent.

Separately, in the current Senate battle for U.N. ambassadorship, President Bush has found an unexpected ally in Mr. Malloch Brown, who has been telling reporters that the president's choice, John Bolton, would make an excellent U.N. ambassador. Meanwhile, Mr. Soros has helped to buy TV ads in crucial states, trying to convince Republican senators to kill Mr. Bolton's chances.

They don't have to share an agenda, the spokesmen for both men said. "Mr. Malloch Brown also has many Republican friends, like Paul Wolfowitz," Mr. Orme said.

The rental arrangement, however, raises the profile of Mr. Malloch Brown's friendship with Mr. Soros.

"If true, this will be deeply troubling to Congress," the Heritage Foundation's Nile Gardiner said when told by The New York Sun about Mr. Malloch Brown's living arrangement. It "raises serious concerns over the partisan political ties of U.N. officials, which should be fully disclosed," Mr. Gardiner, who is a frequent critic of the U.N., said.

Mr. Annan's closest American advisers have Democratic leanings, and Mr. Malloch Brown's appointment as chief of staff in January occurred immediately after a meeting of American friends of Mr. Annan at Mr. Holbrooke's home, where practically all the participants were close to the Democratic party.
================================================== =======

Well, since Liberals are big on conspiracy theories of late, I think I'd like to offer up my own.

The Iraq War was a complete fabrication...by the American Left.

Follow me on this, and take it for what it is...a cracked out conspiracy theory...but gimme some room here.

So the Liberals have been furious since 2000 about losing to George W. Bush when they thought (for some cracked-out reason) that Algore couldn't lose. What they smoked to make them think he could win is anyone's guess but anyway...what did they know was W's weakspot...besides cocaine?? Hussein. In fact those two words rhyme...nice.

Anywho...They know that W. would jump at the opportunity to go wax Saddam. So they start debating Saddam's violation of UN Mandate (again kiddies, weather or not Saddam actually had WMDs wasn't the violation...it was the unrestricted access he didn't give to Weapons Inspectors that was the issue, and the violation), knowing that it's only a matter of time before W. puts on the ten gallon hat and "Yee-Haws" our military over there for some good old fashioned, behind-the-woodshed ass kicking.

Soros...the source of illegal campaign contributions for The Left...Soros rents out prime real estate to French, German and Russian diplomats to win hisself some empty rhetoric on the UN Floor. I mean I can understand France taking issue with the move into Iraq but Russia and Germany really have no place tsk-tsking anyone for going into another country to oust leadership. France was of course taken in WWII by the Germans without a single shot fired so....

So Soros concocted the entire Iraq War to facilitate a Liberal Victory in the 2004 Presidential Electorate...and it all went down the crapper!! I wonder how that tastes??

Yeah, that's my theory.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2005, 10:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
So the Liberals have been furious since 2000 about losing to George W. Bush when they thought (for some cracked-out reason) that Algore couldn't lose.
Late.
I hate the idea of the electoral college....

that is all

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2005, 10:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris

that is all
James Tilden would've been your idol.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2005, 10:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

A democracy would be dangerous... I'll take our republic any day.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2005, 11:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeaux
James Tilden would've been your idol.
how so?

Old 20 Jun 2005, 11:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
how so?
He was screwed by the system and his story involved the end of reconstruction, which would not have come about had he not nearly won the electoral college.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2005, 07:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:

that is all
The Electoral College is probably one of the smartest things the founding fathers did. Nobody ever had a problem with it until Algore, and to be honest, noone as spineless as Algore should be running a kids' soccer team, let alone the United States of America. Mission Accomplished.

But this isn't about the Electorate. Damn it, this is about my cracked out conspiracy theory...

Quote:
So Soros concocted the entire Iraq War to facilitate a Liberal Victory in the 2004 Presidential Electorate
You Liberal Warmongers won't get away with this!!!!

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 09:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeaux
He was screwed by the system and his story involved the end of reconstruction, which would not have come about had he not nearly won the electoral college.
And I should idolize him for that? I don't see why.

Old 21 Jun 2005, 09:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

Quote:
The Electoral College is probably one of the smartest things the founding fathers did. Nobody ever had a problem with it until Algore, and to be honest, noone as spineless as Algore should be running a kids' soccer team, let alone the United States of America. Mission Accomplished.
I didn't say I liked Al Gore any better than Bush. I just don't like the idea of my vote not actually mattering. I can vote however I want, but the electoral college over rides my vote and the votes of everyone else in the country. They constantly try to tell people to get out and vote...but why? Their votes don't really matter...you can have all the people voting but none of their votes actually matter. All they really do is waste some time at their local VFW hall or where ever your voting is done.

Quote:
But this isn't about the Electorate. Damn it, this is about my cracked out conspiracy theory...
Your theory is just that...cracked out. Keep posting shit like this and I will veto your rights to deny Palmer's 30 TDs. I don't beliver that Liberals are clever enough to pull off a plot such as that.

Old 21 Jun 2005, 09:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
Your theory is just that...cracked out. Keep posting shit like this and I will veto your rights to deny Palmer's 30 TDs. I don't beliver that Liberals are clever enough to pull off a plot such as that.
Hey, hey, hey, hey...leave those 30 imaginary TDs out of this...

Late.

Old 21 Jun 2005, 09:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

Quote:
Hey, hey, hey, hey...leave those 30 imaginary TDs out of this...

Late.
I thought this thread was about cracked up theories?

Old 21 Jun 2005, 10:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
I thought this thread was about cracked up theories?
Fair enough...your cracked up theory about Captain Kangaroo throwing 30 Touches this year fits in, now that you mention it...

Late.

Old 21 Jun 2005, 03:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

You want cracked up theroies?

www.whatreallyhappened.com

Space lasers took down the twin towers... I seen it on the intarweb!!
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote