ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

Keep your eyes on the damn ball...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Jun 2005, 05:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default Keep your eyes on the damn ball...

Conservatives Promote Anti-Hillary Book
By MARC HUMBERT, Associated Press Writer
Mon Jun 20, 2:30 PM ET

ALBANY, N.Y. - Conservative groups are promoting a Hillary Rodham Clinton biography that hits bookstores Tuesday as a work so damning it could destroy any possible bid for the presidency in 2008.

The 305-page book, "The Truth About Hillary: What She Knew, When She Knew It, and How Far She'll Go to Become President," by Edward Klein, portrays the New York senator as a ruthless and ambitious woman who would stop at nothing to protect her husband's presidency and promote a Clinton II administration headed by her.

While promotional material from Sentinel books, a conservative imprint launched by the Penguin Group, promises a work that "contains shocking new accounts of key moments in Hillary Clinton's private and political life," the book relies heavily on earlier works about the former first lady.

"She's been written about so frequently that it's impossible not to cover some of the same ground," Klein told The Associated Press in an interview Monday. He said, however, that the book contains plenty of new material and insights.

There are 30 pages of end notes, many of which cite those previous works as grist for Klein's coverage of President Clinton's womanizing, his wife's efforts to save him from the Monica Lewinsky scandal and the prominent role the first lady played during her husband's White House years. Other sources cited by Klein are often anonymous.

The Clinton camp lashed out at the work Monday.

"We don't comment on works of fiction, let alone a book full of blatant and vicious fabrications contrived by someone who writes trash for cash," said Philippe Reines, a spokesman for the senator.

Jim Kennedy, a spokesman for former President Clinton, also called the book "trash."

Will Weisser, Sentinel's associate publisher, said 350,000 copies have been printed.

Such works, according to former Clinton adviser-turned critic Dick Morris, can backfire.

"Personal attacks on Hillary Clinton and her marriage only tend to invigorate her and permit her to characterize all criticism as extreme and personal," wrote Morris in an e-mail exchange with the AP. He added: "These personal shots obscure the more serious questions about her lack of qualifications to be a good president."

To Klein, a former editor of The New York Times Sunday Magazine and author of "The Kennedy Curse," Clinton is a sort of latter-day Richard Nixon, constantly reinventing herself.

"The comparison between Hillary Clinton and Richard Nixon can be pushed only so far," Klein writes, however. "Whereas Nixon sought power in large part to overcome his low self-esteem, Hillary seeks power because she has unrealistically high self-esteem."

But Klein does give her credit, of a sort, for her work in the Senate.

"To the surprise of many, Hillary turned out to be more than equal to the task of winning friends on both sides of the aisle," he writes, before adding: "No one saw the other side of Hillary Clinton's face, which she kept carefully hidden behind a mask of collegiality."

"If you are a fair-minded, balanced journalist, you have to say Hillary has performed brilliantly in the last five years, and that's what makes her such a formidable politician," Klein told the AP.

The author said he expects Clinton to win easy re-election to the Senate next year, to capture the Democratic nomination for president in 2008 and to have "a real shot at winning red states" in the election.

"I think she would be, in the White House, a Nixonian president and a danger to the republic," Klein said.

The work is being touted by, among others, the Conservative Book Club, which is owned by the parent company of Regnery Publishing. Regnery produced "Unfit for Command," the book that attacked Sen. John Kerry's Vietnam War service and was written by a leader of the anti-Kerry Swift Boat Veterans.

NewsMax.com, a conservative Web site backed by Clinton critic Richard Mellon Scaife, is offering free copies of the Hillary Rodham Clinton book to those who subscribe to its NewsMax Magazine. NewsMax says "publishing insiders say the book and its revelations could destroy her bid for the presidency in 2008."

An excerpt earlier this month in the July issue of Vanity Fair drew criticism from the liberal-leaning Media Matters group, which said Klein's work contained numerous errors.

Readers will learn from the book, thanks to an interview with fifth-grade boyfriend Jim Yrigoyen, that Clinton can be one tough cookie. The old sweetheart recalled how the young Hillary Rodham had entrusted him with watching over some baby rabbits. He made the mistake of giving one to a neighbor.

"She hauled off and punched me in the nose," Yrigoyen said.

As of Monday, the book was ranked No. 18 in sales on Amazon.com.
================================================== ========

Okay...I really think that Conservatives need to turn their eyes inward if they're looking out for '08. I don't want them to underestimate Hank, errrrr.....Hillary Clinton, but she's so beatable it's not even funny. Only two types of people will not see her for the carpet-bagging, power-hungry, completely unqualified candidate that she is: People who are fooling themselves out of a desperation to see another Liberal in office, and retards.

Conservatives need to stop trying to trash her and they need to find a way to get a real candidate on the final ballot...a guy like...McCain. The Liberals have been so short-sighted in their choices of Presidential Nominees that it would be utterly ridiculous if Conservatives weren't able to capitalize on it.

Hillary is probably one of the most beatable people in the party. Let's get a good candidate out there to give her the ass whuppin' that Bill should've laid on her years ago.

Well, actually I was just kidding about that, but with the Liberals' inability to find a candidate worthy of electing (I mean come on...two straight elections and they couldn't beat W?? Not once??), eventually someone in charge is going to stop blaming the GOP and actually come to their senses and say, "Hey, we've been going about this all wrong. We fucked up. We've got to fix this..."

Well, I mean it's a longshot that Liberals would ever blame anyone other than Republicans for their woes, but should that happen, then the 'Pubs need to be ready and I don't think they will be.

Hank Clinton would run this country into the ground on her way to campaigning to be Secretary General of the UN...after all, Hank's just lookin' out for #1.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2005, 05:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
16 Time World Champion

Ric Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of Famer

Theway Bush has fucked this country, a goddamn Test-mark from PWF could run on the Democratic ticket and win...

If the Republicams are serious, theyll run Rudy Guilliani, hes their only shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
I dunno...it's the"I'm better than you and I'm not even gonna shout it, yell it or overstate it, I'm fuckin Naitch goddamn it and all I really got to say is ......wooooooooooo!!!!!" pic of Ric
Ric Flair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2005, 05:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
Theway Bush has fucked this country, a goddamn Test-mark from PWF could run on the Democratic ticket and win...

If the Republicams are serious, theyll run Rudy Guilliani, hes their only shot.
Lmfao...yeah...I remember hearing that first sentence (or a reasonable facsimile) a lot prior to November of last year.

Dr. T. come on...two elections, the most unpopular war since Vietnam, unhearalded acrimony between the Administration and the national news media, and a formerly coked up Cowboy who has to think hard to string three sentences together. That's the guy Algore couldn't beat in the electorate. That's the guy that completely and utterly housed John Kerry in both phases of the election last year, popular and electorate.

It's The Left that couldn't sack up to beat him. I wouldn't go making up any cockemany statements about Test marks being able to win election...it's clear that the logic of your first statement is incredibly flawed. If not, then why isn't John Kerry the President?? In 2008, the same procedure will be employed to determine the President as has been in place for the last couple hundred years. Obviously the country prefers a Yay-hoo for a President than the freakin' cookie cutter losers that the Dems have thrown out there.

BTW...Giuliani is a face candidate, nothing more. Former NYC Mayor or not, he'd be over his head. McCain is the man. He will take care of business starting with the complete inefficiency of the Federal Government, and he will make a damn fine President, the likes of which hasn't been seen since Reagan.

Of course, that's if the Pubs have the balls to nominate him...and unfortunately I don't see those balls coming out of Barbara Bush's purse anytime soon.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 20 Jun 2005, 06:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
16 Time World Champion

Ric Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of Famer

The lanslide came simply becasue Bush and his power structure wanted it more. He was even quoted as saying that he would do anything it took towin the election, and that he did.

He ran on a ticket of fear. The doomed came out of hiding and voted this man into office. 55 million Jesus freaks and people scared to death that the next time they went to the gorcery store they were going to get blown to hell by a fanatic in a truban.

Its the age old story, those in power want to keep power. He concocted a bullshit color coded warning system that means jack shit, he used it to keep things in check, the man that controls the rainbow warning system controls the election. And people thought he would keep us safe, when in actuality, hes taken safety away from us.

I agree with you about McCain, I like him. He wont get the nod, but I would consider voting for him...

Quote:
I dunno...it's the"I'm better than you and I'm not even gonna shout it, yell it or overstate it, I'm fuckin Naitch goddamn it and all I really got to say is ......wooooooooooo!!!!!" pic of Ric
Old 20 Jun 2005, 08:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

McCain won't even try... he'll be Seventy-Eight years old in 2008... He's prolly gonna retire.

My god Mac... you changed.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2005, 08:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelbond
McCain won't even try... he'll be Seventy-Eight years old in 2008... He's prolly gonna retire.

My god Mac... you changed.
That certainly wouldn't make him the oldest president in US history.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2005, 08:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeaux
That certainly wouldn't make him the oldest president in US history.
The oldest new candiate though. Regan was that old in 1984 when he ran for his second term...
Old 20 Jun 2005, 08:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

I rep McCain way too much, don't I??

Late.

Old 20 Jun 2005, 08:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Quote:
I rep McCain way too much, don't I??

Late.
Yes. He's a RINO and I hate him.
Old 20 Jun 2005, 08:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Yes. He's a RINO and I hate him.
What do you mean by RINO?
Old 20 Jun 2005, 10:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Quote:
Holy Fuck McCain is 75??!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
The lanslide came simply becasue Bush and his power structure wanted it more. He was even quoted as saying that he would do anything it took towin the election, and that he did.

He ran on a ticket of fear. The doomed came out of hiding and voted this man into office. 55 million Jesus freaks and people scared to death that the next time they went to the gorcery store they were going to get blown to hell by a fanatic in a truban.

Its the age old story, those in power want to keep power. He concocted a bullshit color coded warning system that means jack shit, he used it to keep things in check, the man that controls the rainbow warning system controls the election. And people thought he would keep us safe, when in actuality, hes taken safety away from us.
I do agree with this statement. Bush lured voters pretty much at the last minute. He used fear campaign and fear campaigns work like a charm no matter who's using them. I've seen this tactic so many times that it's not even funny cause you are exploiting some people's ignorance. But he won and that won't change.

Right now even the conservatives are steering away from the president and he only has a few ass kissers on his ranks. His popularity is hitting rock buttom, he has not anything to help the economy and/or aliviate the high cost of gas other than holding hands and literaly french-kiss the saudi prince. And please don't get me that crap about the value of the dollar and other shit like that cause I don't think the value of the dollar has anything to do with the forecast that exon mobile did of a 300% increase in revenues for this year. His education plan is a joke and all these scadals that are poping like Groundhogs from the dirt are not helping either.

The republican party has lost it's luster so quickly that they never saw it coming. I would like to see McCain run for 08 but age and probably some other cock sucking power hungry lunatic might spoil his chances. But if McCain run I rather vote for him than Hillary. She might get even and..... un.... you don't wanna know.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2005, 10:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Tooth
Holy Fuck McCain is 75??!?!?
No... I was wrong... I got that figure off the top of my head...

He is currently 69... still too damned old.
Old 20 Jun 2005, 10:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Quote:
No... I was wrong... I got that figure off the top of my head...

He is currently 69... still too damned old.
He doesn't look that old.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2005, 10:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
No Frills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Tooth
He doesn't look that old.
Particularly for politicians as they tend to age quickly due to stress. What this stress comes from, I'l never know, maybe trying to remember who gave them the biggest bribe.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 12:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
16 Time World Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeaux
Particularly for politicians as they tend to age quickly due to stress. What this stress comes from, I'l never know, maybe trying to remember who gave them the biggest bribe.

and he spent like...all of vietnam in a POW camp. That probably took away the youthful looks a little as well.

Basically what we got is this...Bush using fear and warmongering propoganda is going to do his best to make sure that the Republican Nominee gets as much of the freaked our, anthrax in our water religious right vote that he can.

The democrats will run a straight, Anybody but Bush platform, and they will win. regardless of what books come out, and what the price of oil does...

Quote: