ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

Tom DeLay will bring down the GOP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Apr 2005, 12:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof
Default Tom DeLay will bring down the GOP

This is my personal take on House Leader Tom DeLay.... You don't like it? Then go to hell.

Tom DeLay is simply a cancer for the GOP that simply needs to be removed as soon as possible before it jeopardizes any hopes for the GOP to keep their mayority in 2006. I mean his current actions can only be labeled as of a dictator. Doing rants everywhere he goes and pretty much begging people to support him and coming with the mot outlandish explanations to all his problems. Some of the people are distancing themselves from him simply because they know that if they stick by his side like some others do they could loose their spot in congress next year.

The funny part is the no matter how much evidence there is against him he still blames the "liberals and the media" for all this. I mean does he think that everyone are that naive? Another thing that makes me laugh too is that the ethic comitee wants to investigate him but they want to make rules on the investigation. I mean WTF is that?! It's like playing basketball but you're not allowed to make a basket. If the investigations takes some other people with hm so be it. I think republicans and democrats alike should be measured equaly.

If I were in the GOP and I had the power to make a desicion I would just take down DeLay from the mayoriy leader and expell him from the GOP if the Ethics comitee finds anything wrong with him because I know he is colateral damage to my party and since new elections are near in 2006 I must protect the interests of my party instead of just one person.

I'm not a GOP sympathizer but I do think this should be their right move.

Your thoughts about this mess?
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2005, 12:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

The Republican party is a mess. McCain should've been their guy in 2000, and De Lay will get more run in the bid for the top office in 2008 than McCain will. But hey...that's politics for you. Can't really count on anyone in Washington to make the right choice.

The Dems are equally a mess. I must say that all the vitriol toward the GOP on the left's part would be better directed at themselves. Let's face it, they had two tries to beat W in the electorate and failed both times, miserably so in '04. They couldn't beat George W Freaking Bush in two tries. That is indicative of a larger problem for them if you ask me, especially given the way the media did its best to fricasee Bush throughout his first term...

The American political system is a mess. Most of the elected officials of our Federal Government are simply money grubbing shiesters with no agenda beyond that of their major campaign donors. The ones that actually punch a clock and go to work in their positions (best examples - McCain for GOP, Schumer for the Dems) will never get enough pub to make runs at the highest office.

The system as it is works best when both parties work together with their different perspectives to pass good legislation. Given the political climate in America today, that will probably never again happen. Hooray for inefficiency.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2005, 02:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

What you guys think of the "Democrats Are Baby Eating Heathens" rally in Kentucky yesterday?
Old 25 Apr 2005, 02:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dade
What you guys think of the "Democrats Are Baby Eating Heathens" rally in Kentucky yesterday?
I think it was held in Kentucky, 'nuff said.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2005, 02:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
I think it was held in Kentucky, 'nuff said.

Late.
Ditto.
Old 25 Apr 2005, 05:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

DeLay needs to know when he's beaten and step down before he takes his party with him.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Apr 2005, 06:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaux
DeLay needs to know when he's beaten and step down before he takes his party with him.
Those interviews make him look kinda creepy.
Old 27 Apr 2005, 08:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Hypno toad
This is my personal take on House Leader Tom DeLay.... You don't like it? Then go to hell.
I'll tell you what you should have named this thread later on.

Quote:
Tom DeLay is simply a cancer for the GOP that simply needs to be removed as soon as possible before it jeopardizes any hopes for the GOP to keep their mayority in 2006.
A cancer? He's one guy. You really think he's going to bring down an entire party. Most people never even heard of Delay untill this started. The party has survived far worse than this. At the end of the day it's going to come back on the left more than anything. When the records come out that the left spent more time stalling the govt and launching personal attacks.

Quote:
I mean his current actions can only be labeled as of a dictator. Doing rants everywhere he goes and pretty much begging people to support him and coming with the mot outlandish explanations to all his problems.
I'm not sure if this is dictator like qualities, but I'll amuse you and point at Dean, Kennedy, Gore, Pelosi etc. We've seen all these guys scream their asses off, and yet, the democratic party just embraces them more and more. Hell, Dean is the chairman of the DNC. Do you think that's a cancer that should be removed? One of the most polorizing figures in politics is in charge of their party. LMAO.

Also not sure if you saw the Democrats screaming at Bush yesterday about still having some fight left blah blah blah. Then they all danced and jumped around. Like the whole party was there making fools of themselves. It was hysterical. You'd have thought they found a cure for cancer

Or they had Gore speaking at a Moveon.org event. Move On! And of course he was out of his mind, like usual. If Bush had lunch with SBVT the dems would have been crying for years about it. This is just an example of the typical liberal hypocrisy.

At any rate, I'd be interested in seeing you supply some of his outlandish explanations. If you could also point out exactly what it was that he did that's illegal I'd appreciate that as well. A lobbyist paid for some plane trip? Whoopeedoo. Better than me paying for it. How many times have you complained about tax dollors going to stupid stuff?

Quote:
Some of the people are distancing themselves from him simply because they know that if they stick by his side like some others do they could loose their spot in congress next year.
Some people like who? Just the other day he was riding around and getting the support of the president.

Quote:
The funny part is the no matter how much evidence there is against him he still blames the "liberals and the media" for all this.
What evidence? Some reciepts? Some public job listing? What is this wall of evidence against him? He's never even tried to hide anything. This is nothing more than sour grapes over 2004 and the left getting their leader booted.

Quote:
I mean does he think that everyone are that naive?
Most republicans look at it, roll their eyes, and go, "great, what pissy insignificant triviality are the democrats going to waste our time with now?" Well, in addition to their fillibuster hissy fit, they've been spending/wasting a lot of time seeking revenge. Or maybe the only thing they think they can win anymore is character assasination. Delay is successfull, so he's a target.

It would seem you are so naive as to jump on the little bandwagon to get Delay and buy into whatever petty "violation" they're desperate to pin on him.

Quote:
Another thing that makes me laugh too is that the ethic comitee wants to investigate him but they want to make rules on the investigation.
The rules were changed a while ago. The rules were changed so that congress wouldn't be stuck in a war of ethics accusations and wasting time and money. The concept of wasting time and money is always lost on a liberal, because it's never their money. But the left has been crying hard about this for a while that just today the republicans said fine. So they changed the rules back, basically so they can get it over with. If you think anything is going to happen to Delay, you're deluded. All it really does is open the floodgates to ethics attacks. It's happened before, and it's going to happen again. And we can always look back and thank the left for cutting off their nose to spite their face.

Quote:
I mean WTF is that?! It's like playing basketball but you're not allowed to make a basket.
No, it's not like that at all. It's more like changing the rules so when the game is over, you can always go back and argue that you should have made a basket. The rule changes made the game be over when it was over.

Quote:
If the investigations takes some other people with hm so be it. I think republicans and democrats alike should be measured equaly.
5,400 trips were taken by congress under the same conditions as the ones Delay is being hassled over. 3,000 of them by democrats. There are countless aides flooding capital hill to try and cover up or doctor their old records. This isn't a matter of taking some other people down, it's a matter of just changing travel plans. Ultimately that's what's going to happen. It could have been handled a little better imo. But because the left was seeking any reason to take him down, they'll tank the entire govt if it suits their agenda.

And btw, it's still not illegal. It may look bad, and so maybe Delay should say he's sorry, but that's about it. Much like the attack on him about hiring his wife and daughter. He's allowed to hire whoever he wants and pay them whatever he wants. It's not even tax money. It's private donations and I never saw a single contributer complain.

Although you certainly could question Kerry's "loan" he took out on his wifes house. Or the millions leftover from his losing campaign. Does that violate any ethics? To keep campaign funds for yourself, especially when you lose?

Quote:
If I were in the GOP and I had the power to make a desicion I would just take down DeLay from the mayoriy leader and expell him from the GOP if the Ethics comitee finds anything wrong with him because I know he is colateral damage to my party and since new elections are near in 2006 I must protect the interests of my party instead of just one person.
By your logic, you'd have to fire every member of congress. By 06 the ethics wars should be in full force.

Quote:
I'm not a GOP sympathizer but I do think this should be their right move.
Yes, I know you tried very hard to pretend you're in the middle

Quote:
Your thoughts about this mess?
In case you didnt' get enough, here's a few more.

When did the party that convinced the nation that getting a blow job and masterbating your intern with a cigar get so concerned with ethics? When did the party that puts Micheal Moore on a seat next to Carter at their convention worry about being associated with some lobbyist?

The left is upset because Delay paid his wife 50,000 to work on his PAC. And it was always published information. Anyone who donated was privy to this. Hell, anyone in the world was privy to it. And it was all donated money. Clinton appointed his wife to run medical reform. For years she did this and it has cost millions. Nobody ever voted her into office (untill new york) but there she was, co-president. And now the left is upset over Delay. Pathetic.

The Democrats have absolutely nothing to do anymore but stall. They haven't offered a solution to a problem in years. Their only plan is to vilify republicans and waste as much time and money as possible.

I garantee you at some point in a month or two, some liberal spokesperson, perhaps Pelosi herself, will come out at a press conference and say something like the following.

"Both sides have made mistakes, but after wasting millions of dollors and everybody's time we need to move on and begin the healing process."

Oh, and you should have named this thread, "The liberals zeal for revenge will bring them nothing but shame after they're found guilty of everything they're trying to pin on Delay."

One other thing, you're free to rant all you want. But it would look a little better if you actually talked about the issues and posted your case instead of just your opinion.
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2005, 01:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
I hate people

Never say something that you don't know about exo.

Yes it is true that ALL congressman have recieved or been payed for a trip or dinner, or a round of golf. But there are guidelines you need to follow also. I'm a state employee and I have to ably to a code of ethics and I do recieve things from private companies like Dell, Seagate, HP/Compaq but guess what there is a limit of what I can accept.

For example if a company representative offers me lunch, or an item from their company I cannot accept anything exceeding a certain amount established by the code of ethics. I maybe be able to accept a dinner invitation in order for the company to have an edge over a deal but I cannot accept a 200GB hard drive or a dell desktop because that would be violating the code of ethics and my ass could get fired for it.

This is assuming that the congress goe by a similar code of ethics as well witch I'm sure they do since even the administrative positions on the federal goverment have a code of ethics like that.

So yeah what if all congressman get gifts or get payed dinners or trips. As long as they don't exceed whatever limit they have establlished there is no problem with it. Why think DeLay says he didn't broke the code of ethics when he accepted those trips, ceause he knows his partners in congress do as well but he might have a misconception on any of the clauses and rules for accepting gifts etc.
Old 28 Apr 2005, 02:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Quote:
Never say something that you don't know about exo.
Oh, that's a smart way of starting off after you got your shit handed to you. Especially since you don't have a clue what the Ethics committee rule changes were in the first place. You also show that you don't have a grasp on what Delay's actually being accused of either.

Quote:
Yes it is true that ALL congressman have recieved or been payed for a trip or dinner, or a round of golf.
Oh, so why are they going after Delay then? The truth is, they've all been doing the exact same thing, but now they're willing to hang themselves if it means they can finally take down a republican. I don't see the democrats standing up and saying we should re-evaluate the situation completely. Nope, they're trying to make an example out of someone.

Quote:
But there are guidelines you need to follow also. I'm a state employee and I have to ably to a code of ethics and I do recieve things from private companies like Dell, Seagate, HP/Compaq but guess what there is a limit of what I can accept.
Who cares? That is completely irrelevent. You're not an elected official. You're not in congress. I have work ethics I have to follow also, it's not applicable in the least. To even try to compare your minor role with any member of congress is a ludicris asinine statement.

Not only that, but it's not a matter of what limits Delay went over. That has nothing to do with anything, which is why you don't get it. You seem to think that he took like 200 trips beyone his free trip limit. That's not how it works. They're after him because the group that paid for the trip has a questionable donater. That's about it. Because the guy behing the guy behind the lobby wasn't registered. Maybe you should be working on getting the story straight.

Oh, and as far as the Ethics committee is concerned, the dems could have launched an ivestigation anytime they wanted to, but they wouldn't do it, because they didn't like the new rules. They aren't interested in fixing anything, they just want to hang someone.

Quote:
For example if a company representative offers me lunch, or an item from their company I cannot accept anything exceeding a certain amount established by the code of ethics. I maybe be able to accept a dinner invitation in order for the company to have an edge over a deal but I cannot accept a 200GB hard drive or a dell desktop because that would be violating the code of ethics and my ass could get fired for it.
blah blah blah. All of this is irrelevent. And not even a good comparison. All it's really saying is that you'll let a company buy you out with dinner instead of product Maybe your ethics need to be evaluated.

Quote:
This is assuming that the congress goe by a similar code of ethics as well witch I'm sure they do since even the administrative positions on the federal goverment have a code of ethics like that.
Well you know what they say when you assume anything.

Quote:
So yeah what if all congressman get gifts or get payed dinners or trips. As long as they don't exceed whatever limit they have establlished there is no problem with it.
What is this limit you keep talking about? There has never been any mention of it ever anywhere. It's not even the issue. It's not even close.

Quote:
Why think DeLay says he didn't broke the code of ethics when he accepted those trips, ceause he knows his partners in congress do as well but he might have a misconception on any of the clauses and rules for accepting gifts etc.
He knows his partners in congress do and now the left is willing to attack him no matter what, even if it means exposing themselves.

But if you really want me to expose your little "limit" theory, here it goes.

These trips that Dems are after Delay about, they took over six hundred more of them. And there are fewer Democrats. Which means they must all be well over their "limit".

Pelosi gave one of her donaters 3 million dollars for helping her PAC. That's your tax dollars. I know you shed a tear for every wasted tax dollar, well there you go. Cry for Pelosi. Is that over the ethical limit?

Hell, where were these democrats and their ethics violations when Kerry was working with Rather to expose the President with Fake documents. Does that not violate some sort of ethics code? Oh it clearly does.

Another "limit" thing you might want to consider is that the top 5 members of congress who took the same exact trips as Delay and spent the most money on them were, suprise, All Democrats. LMAO. how is your limit theory standing up now?

The fact remains this is nothing but a witch hunt by the left. They can't win anything anymore so they're trying to attack individuals. Delay is effective and republican, so they're going after him and really trying to make a big deal out of something that isn't illegal. Isn't anything really, just a smear campaign.

But hey, last night the Republicans said, "All right, if you guys want to go down this road, we'll play." They know that it's going to expose McDermott to the next round of attacks of ethics violations. The Dems allready backed off not less than a day after getting their way with Delay. Of course, they never thought they'd get their way. It was all part of them having a chance to cry foul. Now that the doors are open, we'll see how far they try to take it to Delay, especially since there are so many members that are all guilty of doing the same thing.

It's good to have money in the bank, so to speak.

I gues if you're a liberal you could always say "it's good somebody else has money in the bank I can tax from them."

So please, get your petty little "ethics" mentallity and shove it. You clearly don't understand the workings of congress. You clearly dont' hava a grasp of the situation. And even though I told you numerous times to back your shit up with something factual, you go off on your own little world of analogies

Last edited by Exo; 28 Apr 2005 at 02:52 PM.
Old 28 Apr 2005, 05:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
I hate people

Heh I called the state congressman and they do have a limit for accepting gifts but the amout varies depending on what state and/or party. So yeah they do have a code of ethics. So just because this has not been discussed it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

So yeah I'm wroooong.
Old 28 Apr 2005, 05:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Give his name
Old 28 Apr 2005, 08:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Quote:
Heh I called the state congressman and they do have a limit for accepting gifts but the amout varies depending on what state and/or party. So yeah they do have a code of ethics. So just because this has not been discussed it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

So yeah I'm wroooong.
Mr Irrelevant strikes again.

Nobody is accusing Delay of any sort of unreported gifts. You're standing on something that doesn't have anything to do with Delay's situation. And you're proud of it.

And it sounds like you're full of bullshit. Especially when you say it depends on what party you're from. As if a republican from iowa can get more freebies than a dem from michigan.
Old 28 Apr 2005, 09:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
I hate people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dade
Give his name
Eddie Lucio