ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Off-Topic > Meeting Of The Minds

Meeting Of The Minds For Intelligent Conversations Only!

Filibusters...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Apr 2005, 03:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default Filibusters...

Okay, this is basically the equivalent of the government going R Kelly on us, the citizenry. Let me first say that I've got a grudge against the government...not just Liberals...not moderate Conservatives...I've got a grudge against the entire government, Left, Right and Center.

Filibusters happen all too often and for those who don't know, it's when a bill or a nomination is about to pass and the party that is clearly is going to lose on that bill or nomination stands on the floor of Congress and basically jerks off to bide time as long as Constitutionally possible, in the hopes that all the people who are going to vote will eventually get up and leave and give their party the edge in voting.

It's basically a way for politicians to say "I'm a little bitch, look I can make one of the most inefficent governments in the free world even moreso because I'm a little bitch." There's a filibuster on right now, but that applies for any and all filibusters, because it's just a bitchass move.

Anyway, your government right now is pissing on your face like R Kelly on a 15 year old. Filibusters waste nothing but time and taxpayer's dollars, because after all we are paying these assholes while they're doing this.

Whatever side, whatever bill, whatever nomination, whatever reason...Filibusters are fucking bitchass and ridiculous, and I just wanted to let all of you know that in these tumultuous times when America's problems are legion...your federal government is pissing on your face over nothing special and then laughing all the way to the bank.

That is all.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2005, 03:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

The fillibuster is a means of the minortiy party having a leg to stand on for key issues. It only takes a 60-40 vote to advance to the vote on the floor anyway.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2005, 03:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaux
The fillibuster is a means of the minortiy party having a leg to stand on for key issues. It only takes a 60-40 vote to advance to the vote on the floor anyway.
If you're happy being the pissee, then good for you.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 28 Apr 2005, 04:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Glue, it's all the democrats have right now. They are pouting and pissed because they got their asses handed to them, so instead of actually working on anything, they're intent to sit around and cry. They're going to launch personal attacks and obstruct the government. They certainly arent' sitting around trying to come up with any solutions. They don't have any. So this is what we get from them.

It's really sad that they don't understand that majority rules in a democracy. The losers don't get sympathy or special privledges to hold more power. I don't know why they think they do. The fact is, the Republicans hold the senate, the house and the whitehouse and they were elected there to do a job. A job that the people don't want the liberals to do.

Oh, and the vote to end filibusters was changed to 60-40 by the democrats years ago. Now they act like it's the greatest institution in politics on which the fate of the entire universe stands. Did anyone else see Al Gore at a Moveon fundraiser screaming about the proud history of the filibuster LMAO. The guy is a laugh a minute.

And on top of that, if the republicans change the rule on them, they've come out and said they'll just drag the senate into the ground for the rest of the year. Thanks for all your efforts.
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2005, 05:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

I hear ya...I can't stand it though. Talk about a group of idiots who refuse to understand that they've lost the election. I can't stand the "it's the only tool the minority has to fight with..." Well, for fuck's sake the voters have spoken, people can bitch all they want about "The Red States" (more Liberal Separatist garbage), the majority of Americans voted on The Right.

The Left just pisses me off...they think that because they control Hollywood and the news media that they should have their own free pass. And the thing is the left is more than happy to leave the US Government at a standstill, ineffectual and not able to do its job, just so they can block a nominee here or there.

.....Aaaaaaaand then watch them have the balls to call out the Congress and Presidents' efficiency the next time an election pops up. Hypocritical losers. I can understand if someone happens upon a moment of hypocrisy. Due to rapidly changing contexts, it happens to just about everyone. However the left has made hypocrisy a staple and daily occurrence...and they either don't expect the average American is smart enough to catch on...or they just assume that we'll all just fall in line and pretend not to notice like all good Liberals do.

After all, they've got Hollywood...They've got Martin Sheen, Maggie Gyllenthall or whatever the hell her last name is...bitch, they've got Fatass Michael Moore, they've got CNN, they've got Comedy Central, they've got 20/20, they've got MTV...the libs right now have to be fuming over how all their brainwashing techniques have failed to yield any political success except for with Bill Clinton, who is probably the most charismatic politician of the last 100 years.

I'd love to gag Molly Ivins and give her the Rick James Treatment...

Late.

Old 23 May 2005, 10:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

Welcome to The Republic of America
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote